Hi everyone, I'm new here - just soaking up the info, I appreciate the wisdom!

I just got back from the speakeasy, I picked off a number of fan leaves that were showing the brown spotting. It’s certainly not bad, but I would guess I pulled ~15 fan leaves off from the WW.

1 Like

First off happy Easter :rabbit2: :basket:
You’re on the right track and 15 leaves is a small amount, cal mag is more than likely your suspect.
Idk if coco is easier, there are pluses and minus’. Coco needs Daily attention, organic grow not so much. I’m a person who’s lazy with my grow so coco would never be my go to…

2 Likes

Good plan on all for feeding and the WW with Water/calmag only. I didn’t see a Run off PH?, out of range PH and certain needed nutrients can’t be taken in :love_you_gesture:

1 Like

Available for learning.

2 Likes

@CurrDogg420 @VirginiaGrowBoy @Pet_de_Chien @BigItch @plumbdand @OGIncognito @Elecchickenmirodin

Three days have passed. It was water night.

First, the WW seemed to respond to the calmag from last saturday’s watering. No new leaves are showing a problem, nor were any other mature fan leaves.

First, My last watering was ph 6.3 (long story, conflicting info) for all three plants.

The WW got a watering with more calmag, and a ph adjusted to 6.8. . It watered off at ~1150 ppm and a ph of 6.3.

The WLSD got a full dose of jacks (ph of water was again 6.8). It watered off at ~1500 ppm and a ph of 6.3.

The AK47 got a full dose of jacks (@ph of 6.8). It watered off at ~1150 ppm and a ph of 6.3.

No pictures, but I did trim about 10 leaves per plant.

The WW’s main leader has grown even taller. It’s 8-10" from my light. I think I might need to bend it down a bit, as I’m pretty maxed out on how high I can raise it (the light under the carbon filter). I did turn down the light to 70% on Sunday, as I was thinking that the light was causing symptoms of a calmag deficiency.

However, just thinking out loud, I could just swap the AK with the WW. Light problem solved! The 300W has more room to go up.

The end.

2 Likes

@Friend

Your grow is extremely well thought out and I enjoy hearing about your journey!

2 Likes

Awesome job on those numbers :love_you_gesture:

1 Like

Thanks! My main motivation is to never buy overpriced weed again (like, ever). Smoking has help me in ways I can’t describe - it has been very therapeutic for my past trauma. No amount of therapy or anti-depression medications have even come close (long term).

Plus, as you all know, I don’t like to half-ass anything. I mean, I’ll probably reflect back with mistakes with this grow…but, I don’t know what I don’t know (if that makes sense).

As a first grow, it’s amazing to see how the cola’s set themselves up. Everyone talks about the “stretch,” but I’ve never seen it before. It’s amazing to see!

Thanks for your kind guidance, it means a lot. ~smile~

5 Likes

The truth be told. YES

2 Likes

@CurrDogg420 @VirginiaGrowBoy @Pet_de_Chien @BigItch @plumbdand @OGIncognito @Elecchickenmirodin @Caligurl

Just using this post as a notebook (and an update). Grow is going fine. Watered this evening.

WLSD and AK47 both just got 6.8ph water.

Runoff:
WLSD: 1300 ppm, 6.5ph
AK47: 1200 ppm, 6.5ph

WW got 1/2 jacks at ph of 6.8.

Runoff:
WW: 1050 ppm, 6.5ph

I did make a boo-boo, as I was trimming some fan leaves, I nicked one of the secondary branches on the AK47. The branch dropped about 30 degrees, ugh. So I used a pipe cleaner and the main branch to close up the cut and it’s currently standing exactly how it was before the nick. I’m not sure if it’ll heal or not. Sadly, it was one of the bigger secondaries.

Has this ever happened to anyone else? I’m tempted to use a bit of superglue on the outside of the break to make sure the branch stays upright.

I got lazy (plus I’m sick with something), so I was just going through the motions.

5 Likes

You’ll be fine, on the cheap, use some white plumbers tape or some florist tape across the cut. It will heal, add some honey or aloe as a microbial if you’re that mom.

Don’t bother with cyanoacrylate…its not gonna stick anyway for more than a minute.

5 Likes

Rock on, I definitely have teflon tape (ie, plumbers tape). That’s a great idea!

Thank you!

4 Likes

Whoaaa… feel better friend, was wondering where your chatter was :rofl::joy:

1 Like

@Friend

Booboos happen to everyone. I use electrical tape but almost any flexible tape works

2 Likes

I use teflon tape whenever I super crop or to fix broken branches. Ive had branches completely ripped out of the trunk. I put it back in place and wrapped it with teflon tape. The plant never skipped a beat. Sometimes I add a little aloe or honey.

4 Likes

August 4th The branch that broke off is the one on the right.

October 24th
The best and prettiest buds on that plant were on that branch
The branch Im holding is the one that broke off.

5 Likes

Great numbers and you won’t go wrong with @Pet_de_Chien :love_you_gesture:

4 Likes

@CurrDogg420 @VirginiaGrowBoy @Pet_de_Chien @BigItch @plumbdand @OGIncognito @Elecchickenmirodin @Caligurl

The wife grabbed me a covid take home test and according to that I’m negative. I’m pretty sure it’s just a nasty upper respiratory virus. But it’s definitely put me on my butt the past few days. But, I haven’t been sick for over 2 years, so I had it coming!

I did the fix (thank you all!). I started with teflon plumbers tape, but didn’t seem strong enough with the angle I was working at. So I used electrical tape over the top of the teflon tape, and she’s very close to being the same as before the booboo.

Because I know some of you are “visually stimulated,” especially @BigItch :joy:, here are some current pictures.

Please note, I am using that cheaper light from the grow tent kit as a supplement light, and it gives off a lot of blue/red light (so don’t be freaked out by the colors)!

Here’s the AK47 main stem…that main cola site is starting to get dense (it’s really cool to see for the first time):

The bottom of the WW canopy:

The top of the WW canopy:

The bottom of the W-LSD canopy:

The top of the W-LSD canopy:

Thanks again for all your help with the trimming incident…what happens in the speakeasy stays in the speakeasy :wink:

7 Likes

That Ak47 :muscle::muscle::muscle: let’s go , now that woman is sexy!
Nice tape job she seems none the wiser.

Your little tent is getting full and I bet she’s smelling good now. You’re doing a great job kicking ass, training chic and having beers :beers: my kinda guy!
Seriously take good care of yourself. A cold for me is one thing a cold for you is another… I’m sending good vibes your way for a quick recovery
Ohh and I thought all men were visual :rofl::joy::rofl::joy: a girl can tell me what a nice set she has but I don’t start :drooling_face::drooling_face::drooling_face: until I see em :joy::rofl::joy::rofl::rofl:

3 Likes

Thanks @BigItch! The Ak47 is a big phat plant. The pictures don’t do it justice.

And, your right, the tent is full! I’m trying my best to cull in such a way that I’ll see at least an ounce or two (if lucky). It’s certainly nothing like the flat/wide grows that others promote. The WW wants to grow like a 10 story building, so it actually fits pretty nice in the tent.

The tent is smelling great! I actually caught myself smelling my fingers after I was moving the buds/colas around to trim some fan leaves.

Thanks for the well-wishes, I’m doing great with my meds so I’m not concerned at all about this cold-type virus.

And yep, all men are visual - I just like giving you crap :joy: