Hi all. Second attempt

Second time around. I know there is a template for submitting questions with the info needed to give informed advice. Could someone respond with it olease?
Thanks

Here is the support ticket. Welcome to the forum. A great place to get answers to your questions.

ccb77b8383bf00478e88641e71e00963c013c704.png

A support ticket will help us help you. Can you please fill out a support ticket? Please include what type of water you are using.

COPY/PASTE the below list into your forum post.

Answer these simple questions the best you can.

If you do not know, or do not use something; Just say so; Or post

NA (non-applicable)

• What strain, Seed bank, or bag seed

• Method: Soil w/salt, Organic soil, Hydroponics, Aquaponics, KNF

• Vessels: Pots, Grow beds, Buckets, Troths

• PH of Water, Solution, runoff (if Applicable)

• PPM/TDS or EC of nutrient solution if applicable

• Indoor or Outdoor

• Light system

• Temps; Day, Night

• Humidity; Day, Night

• Ventilation system; Yes, No, Size

• AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier,

• Co2; Yes, No

7 Blue Dream femenized 2 Grandaddy Purps autoflower all started from seed provided by ILGM

Organic Soil By Coast of Maine

5 gallon cloth Pots

• PH of Water, Solution, runoff (if Applicable)

• PPM/TDS or EC of nutrient solution if applicable

• Indoor

Next Mega LED utilizing Samsung Diodes

Have provided Temp and Humidity info in chart below

• Humidity; Day, Night

10 Ventilation system with carbon filter from PHAT

Humidifier

• Co2; No

Growing 7 Feminized Blue Dream and 4 Grandaddy Purp Autos from ILGM seeds.
Still vegetative on the Blue dreams but planning to harvest the autos prior to flowering the BD.
Week 8 currently and the GDP autos are sticky and stinky.
I have fertilized since week 4 with COM organic and just hit the GDP with COM Buds and Blooms
Seems to be progressing much better than my first as I have dialed in the temp and humidity better.
Question:

1. Am i cool to keep the BD in veg for a couple more weeks?
  2. I am attempting to “scrog” the BD but I think I may have too many plants?
  3. General impressions from some of you experienced guys. I need to get TDS and PH tests and have the equip on hand for that.

Thanks for all the assistance on my first which was great quality but low yield. Hoping to alter that this time

Have I violated etiquette or not provided a vital stat? Not really getting any response and the forum was so very helpful on my first grow.

You will probably get larfy buds with this many plants under 1 light. Using the general guideline of 40 watts per square foot of cannabis canopy, you would need ~1,800 watts of quality QB lighting to properly flower all of them. This assumes very small plants with a 2x2 foot canopy per plant.

They do look healthy. PPM and pH meters will help you keep them that way.

1 Like

Thanks so much for your input. I will be pulling down the 4 GDP autoflower next week and switching the light to flower the BD. Hopefully the increased room will allow for proper flower development. Will continue to post to this thread looking for input as this is my first non autoflower. Will definitely use TDS and PH meters to maintain healthy plants. Thanks again

1 Like

I had a question about the wattage per square foot. My tent is 5Ă—5 and my light is 1000w. Using the 40w per square foot reference I should be able to cover the entire tent. Also is larfy a typo of leafy? If not could you offer more details? Cheers and thanks again. You were the only responder:(

Unfortunately the 1000w light is not actually a 1000w light. There is no such thing as a 1000w light. A light that claims to be 1000w is probably more like ~150w. Burple 1000w lights will really only properly flower 1 plant.

40w per SF is a good metric, yes, so long as the light actually delivers 40w per SF.

Larfy refers to bud that isn’t dense and is generally the result of inadequate light.

Edit: I read above that you have a Next Mega light, which isn’t as bad as the burples, though I’d still have a pretty hard time believing it is 1,000 watts. Which model do you have? We can tell you how many true watts it is and how effective the diodes really are.

The mega is the model. It’s 640

650w light is what is claimed, but that should be tempered with the efficacy of the diodes, which is 2.15 umol/j. High efficacy diodes run at 2.7 umol/j, so some of the wattage is lost to heat generation.

Yeah, that’ll do a few plants, but it falls short of flowering a 5x5 at 40 watts/sq. ft.

The Amazon listing for the Nextlight Mega states “2.15 umol/j.”

Probably last year’s. I always go to the manufacturer. I use Amazon begrudgingly when I do. Lol. I really dislike Amazon for many reasons. Mostly destroying markets.

1 Like

Thanks again for your response. The Next Mega is the model and its utilizing the Samsung diodes which provide a good light spectrum. I attached some info but I had to cut and paste so it’s looooong. Sorry

The NextLight Mega has been our best-selling light for the past two years for a reason.

Unlike most LED grow lights, whose light emanates from a small fixture and spreads out across the coverage area, the Mega is a large fixture, with over 2500 diodes spread out across that large surface area.

This results in a much more even light distribution than a smaller fixture could ever give you. You don’t get sky-high PPFD readings in the center of the coverage area (and minuscule ones toward the edges), but you get great output all across the area, from corner to corner.

All plants benefit from the full-spectrum white light, not just those in the middle of the coverage area.

These smaller diodes also emit almost no heat. Even 2500 of them added up, give off much less heat than the diodes on competing lights.

As a result, the Mega has no fans (and thus runs completely silent), but still only generates the same amount of heat as competing LED lights.

## NextLight Mega LED Grow Light Quick Summary- Full-spectrum white light that mimics sunlight—give your plants what they crave

• 2.15 PPF/w: most efficient full-spectrum LED period—more intense light, lower power use (total PPF is 1400)
  • Consumes 650w but is equivalent to DE 1000w HPS—over 35% less electricity
  • 100,000 hour rated lifespan—15+ years of no bulb changes
  • L90 Rating of 40,000 hrs—one of the only manufacturers with this rating, meaning the light retains 90% of its output after 40,000 hours of use
  • Minimal heat and runs silent—forget loud fans and air-conditioners (and the cost to run them)
  • 5’ by 5’ footprint for flower; 7’ by 7’ for veg—with a much more even distribution throughout that coverage area
  • Dimming capability—all Megas now outfitted with RJ12 com port and 0-10V DIM to OFF Drivers; actual dimmer is sold separately; add dimmer to your order by selecting above (or use your own-compatible with most 0-10V controllers)
  • Full 5 year warranty; designed and manufactured in the US—risk-free purchase
  • UL certified for damp and dry conditions—works even in a greenhouse

Energy Efficient Design Saves You Money

Bathe your plants in a high-intensity light with the same output and coverage as a double ended 1000 watt HPS bulb. But only use 650 watts of power to do so. The NextLight Mega also generates much less heat. You get more light for far less money.

Take a look at the Mega’s PAR footprint below. No, you won’t see the huge numbers smack-dab in the middle that a lot of competitors boast. Instead, you get much more consistent output throughout the coverage area.

In fact, at 2.15 PPF per watt with a PPF of 1400, the Mega is the most efficient full-spectrum light of them all. If you’re only growing one plant, this is bad. Go with the huge PAR number in the middle. But if you want to fill 25 square feet with plants and give them all sufficient light, you need the Mega.

PAR Footprint Chart For 5x5 area

NextLight Mega PAR footprint

PAR Footprint Inside a 4x4 Tent

NextLight Mega PAR FootPrint Chart For 4x4 Tent

Full-Spectrum White Light That Mimics Sunlight

Give your plants exactly what they crave with the sun-like full-spectrum white light of NextLight Commercial Series LEDs.

It has been determined that the ideal flowering light is a mix of HPS and MH bulbs, i.e. red-spectrum light from the HPS bulbs supplemented by blue-spectrum light from the MH bulbs. That is exactly the light delivered by the NextLight Mega full-spectrum LED panel: the HPS spectrum plus additional blue light.

NextLight Mega Spectrum

Large Coverage Area Comparable to 1000 Watt HPS

Feed even more plants at once with a usable coverage area of 5 by 5 feet during flowering. This is as large a coverage area as you’ll get from an LED grow light. For vegging or cloning, the usable footprint increases to 7 by 7 feet.

Oh darn. Not the pro. my bad. Figured it would be more givin the price