Hey ho lets grow

I used Epsom salt on tomatoes this year, the calmag I ordered from Walmart.com and they don’t charge like Amazon to deliver

1 Like

I appreciate it. I was using water from the dehumidifier cause it was a little closer. But since it’s turned winter it doesn’t run anymore. So I just adjust the pH from my tap.

1 Like

That’s a good plan. Alot of growers go half strength on nutes to start but I think it depends on your plant and what it needs. I use liquid trio and boomerang and the dry powdered trio toward starting flowering and sledgehammer flush.

2 Likes

Ok so a little update. Man I screwed up. Looking back at my notes this evening, the blueberry is six weeks from being out of the soil. That’s why the leaves look like they do and the smell that hits you when I open the door. The pot was light so I fed her, I was going to wait till tomorrow. But I figured it would be ok. Tested the run off 6.3 pH and 1050 ppm. The strength looks ok with the week the schedule of nutes I mixed, but should I up the pH a little bit in the future? I going to try to get a slight tip burn like others do to try to push her hard, then I can adjust from there.

1 Like

@Holmes @Not2SureYet @Nicky

2 Likes

No run off PH at 6.3 is five the only true soil PH is from a soil slurry test. Do that if you wish I

2 Likes

Thank you I’m still trying to get a hang of using these meters. 6.7 sunday to 6.3 today I think I’m getting figuring it out. Now I just got to do something with these nutes.

1 Like

Follow the feed chart.

1 Like

Will do thanks :+1: by the way looking good on your grow. Here’s a shout out to boss man

9 Likes

Aww thnx
He had a vet visit today hes had a ear infection, we think because of the bowls. So we have shallow wisker safe bowls here on Friday.
He had a ear flushing and then antibiotic gel inserted to his inner ear.
He had a stressful day

He greatly appreciates the love from everyone the girl just showed him the love you and your family are sharing

6 Likes

You see a lot of growers chasing runoff #s, not saying they aren’t important, because they are in certain situations. Not to mention the fact that different nutrients uptake at different points on the PH scale, so I vary mine in increments, .2 up or down, and run the full ph range all the time!

6 Likes

After looking back at the pH chart I realised I’m still with in specs, so il going to keep rolling with what I’m doing unless I see something going south.

7 Likes

I will add this. just as my 02. Feed light, and slowly work up. The carts the nutrient guys put out are normally made for optimal conditions and good lights. The lights and other factors will make a big difference in weather or not you can feed at full strength for there recommendations. And for the most part. You will do just as well or better by feeding easy as trying to push a lot through just because you see others doing it. It take quiet a few grows for most to get their nutes dialed in to where they can really push hard. Again. just my opinion there. @Holmes, hit that dead on for me. I started chasing numbers where there was really no need and started causing issues. I now monitor numbers. And make slight changes when needed. but as long as the plant shows it is happy. I don’t start changing things. my run off for 2 plants are above 7.0 ph wise. Which I don’t like since I ph at 5.8. How ever, the plants are super happy. So I just let it go till they show some thing needs adjusted.
It will take a bit before you feel comfortable in letting things go. But the more you grow. the easier things get :grin:

3 Likes

I see what you’re saying, I’m still running nutes at half strength. Going to bump up to three quarters next stage and see if she likes it. Since she’s in flower I haven’t seen the stretch like the last blueberry did, but I’m still waiting. I don’t have enough room to scrug so I’m tieing down what I can to spread her out.

1 Like

Update, it was feed time for the b berry, starting week four of the nutes it took three quarts of water for run off. I’m still spreading her out and removing any bad leaves. I tried to fim her but after seeing other plants I must have missed the mark. So trying again on the nl we’ll see if I got it right this time. She’s had her complete first week of nutes and looking good. The new years ah is also looking pretty good guess she’s still forming roots cause I haven’t seen much upward growth yet.
Here’s the overall look at bb.

8 Likes

Here’s the top that I tried to fim.

Here’s the try on the nl

5 Likes

The overall all look of the nl.

And the ah that broke ground new years day.

6 Likes

Sorry everyone for multiple posts , having trouble posting today. :grimacing:

So, doing my normal daily checks I found brown spots on the blue berry. After checking other posts looks like calcium defencity. Which would make sense, I have only been using the ff trio. I got cal mag on order should be here in a couple days. :grimacing:

1 Like

Maybe @DivChem or another of our friendly growers could suggest a workaround? :thinking:

2 Likes