Hey ho lets grow

Since I had some time today I decided to see where the blueberry and FS 1 was at so I collected runoff. Blueberry is in used Coco loco and showed 6.5 pH and 740 ppm so she probably needs more feedings. But with my pH in the right direction I can handle that. The forum stomper 1 is in a mixture of fresh ffof on bottom, a layer of Coco loco and ffhf on top. She was started in happy frog. She had a pH of 6.4 and a ppm of 2250 so she’s going to be cut back a little on nutes. No signs of tip burn but the leaves are a really dark green.

4 Likes

How do you set up those meters? Is it easy enough for a newbie like me to do? I didnt realize you need to calibrate them.

1 Like

My tds meter came already calibrated. For the pH meter I had to use the solution to calibrate. I had to do this a couple times to get it right. It’s a cheap meter so if the reading seems off I double check with the test kit I got with my pH up/down kit.

2 Likes

@iDontKnowGrow I would check out a video on youtube for a quick easy explanation. Just search yours out :grin:

2 Likes

Thank you, I’m sure my explanation probably wasn’t what they was looking for. A video would be a whole lot more helpful. Maybe that’s what I should have done :man_facepalming:

2 Likes

i didnt even open them yet i didnt know they came with stuff to calibrate them i thought it would be ready to use right out of the box. Tysm for the info.:v:

2 Likes

The kind you bought will also depend on how to calibrate. As @Not2SureYet said if the instructions is not clear try YouTube. I’m sure there’s plenty of videos that will break it down for you.

2 Likes

Yes ty i have the vivosun meters i found a few vids to help me step by step. I appreciate you all very much great people, great forum. Very grateful tysm! Heres the one im watching if anyone else had vivosun meters VIVOSUN pH and TDS Meter Combo test kit - YouTube

3 Likes
1 Like

Alot of people say they lose their calibration, and im sure they do. If you have another way of testing, I would compare. That’s one more thing I want to upgrade one of these days. But starting out I don’t think you could go wrong.

Sorry, out of :heart: and hope I’m not butting in. The drops are cheap and I used them to give me piece of mind during my bigger feeds. It at least let’s you know if you’re in the ballpark. :v:

3 Likes

Not at all. That’s what I use to double check my meter when I think it’s giving me a weird reading.

2 Likes

It’s nice to have that peace of mind. You also get used to what your own tap water or filtered water should be and I would always test first just to make me feel good as well before I even added nutes.

4 Likes

Looking at my girls today got me thinking. You know how some say smaller pot speed up growth. Well I’m wandering if it’s the same in flower. The forum stomper I started in the solo cup and transplanted to a hanging basket plastic pot ( some where around two gallons) looks to have passed the blueberry that is four days older. Take a look at the flowers and see if what I’m saying looks true.

Blueberry

The fourm stomper

8 Likes

And for comparison the forum stomper in the five gallon pot one week behind

8 Likes

nice greenery

3 Likes

Thank you, still need to bring up the pH on the fs2 but going pretty good.

3 Likes

1b12709ed00f34d9312a9b49906d3d1d
28bdfbdfc3f402df4c9778015c4e7f2b

8 Likes

This week I went ahead and did a little cleaning up on all three plants. Still learning I do very minimal of this but I think it opened them up a little. Looks like I finally got the pH within range and they all look pretty happy now. The blueberry is reaching for the moon, I think this will be the biggest one I’ve done so far. As for the forum stompers, I’m not real happy with the structure. But this being the first time running them, I didn’t really know what to expect. I’m slowly bringing down the humidity in the basement with fall coming that has helped me out there. Here’s this week’s pictures.

Blueberry

Forum stomper 1

Fourm stomper 2

Hope everyone has a great weekend and keep it green :green_heart:

9 Likes

Your Girls are looking very lovely My Nelson Brother! And you are most definitely keepin it green :drooling_face::+1::+1::+1::+1::sunglasses::v::call_me_hand:
:giraffe::lips:

3 Likes