Hermie questions from a newbie

Asking for expert advice! (any advice honestly LOL)
This is Nellie, She is at about 8 weeks and has been flowering for app3 wks.
She is my first grow and had overwater issues. I have that figured out now I hope.
About 2 weeks ago the light dropped and topped her. I have read lots about topping early in the flower stage but hadn´t planned to do it haha. It broke her stem so I cut it.
I was told it would make her hermi and I should trash her but, she is my only plant, and my first baby so …
Last weekend I had to hide her, a friend put her in their closet and she got heat stress. (sigh) She seems to be recovering well but I have germinated a new gal (Melissa) JIC.
Could I get opinions and/or advice if anyone sees any hermie “evidence”? I have researched like crazy and just don´t see anything, but I want more experienced advice. Please be kind, her and I have been through the ringer together! TIA

@Docnraq I don´t know who else to tag, hope you don´t mind .

2 Likes

I circled something here…I only found pics of “bananas” in the flower but…

1 Like

Put her back where she likes life, reduce lighting and stress a little, let her recover and go forward.
I am watching me ladies closely after lighting shocks (multiple light changes in a week, my secong tent is for learning) . Seedlings doing good. Flowering ladies went to stretch, single leaves and ugly.
But smoke, not beauty is the goal. Seedling will take control of tent anf ladie get harvested at Christmas, regaldless, ALL Brown may recover. STUBBED off is the probem. Let us know how she recovers.
Single plant might produce valued seeds. Intake air sourceor visitor transferring pollen?
Grow good to you!

2 Likes

I keep having plants hermie on me and the telltale sign i keep seeing is the nugs not in the canopy will start getting nanners on them. I have seen a picture on here showing if you had brown hairs early that your plant has probably hermied and ill post that. But check the lower nugs and look for any pollen sacks or nanners poking out of the nugs

2 Likes

You can pull those nugs. Your supposed to spray them with some water to keep any pollen from spreading while you do so and just keep looking for them to prevent it spreading any further. Its a constant battle till harvest and you might have some seeds but in my case its always good smoke

1 Like

the joy of growing.
Addmittedly, I hate seed mining (destroying bud for seeds). but smoking the casualties is good.

2 Likes

Clearly tip burn, and not an nanner.

As for the light dropped on her, nothing to worry about. Topping (pinching) usually done before flowering. No matter, still not an issue. No worse than super cropping for a plant. Supercrops are done through wk3 without harm.

The brown pistols do indicate there’s a micro deficiency or VPD issue. Hard to say without knowing your environment. If humidity in line for phase, then micro def.

4 Likes

great info, ty!

1 Like

she got pretty scorched over about 36 hrs…

i found this… her temp varies from 73F to 77F. RH has been 35 to 40. This could cause issues according to this chart. Is this what you are referring to?

I don´t see any “nanners” on her and had been thinking the brown was from the light burn…
TYVM for your input!

I try to keep RH around 50%. Guess my question on this subject is if this chart is accurate for growing our girls?

1 Like

No nanners in any pictures I saw.
Stress isn’t good but shit happens sometimes :confused:
I think she be ok :+1:

2 Likes

thank goodness! TY for commenting

2 Likes

good to know, tyvm. there is so much to learn!

2 Likes

I can’t find my VPD chart that defines the numbers for Seedling, Veg & Flowering

Basically, in veg, you’re looking for a difference of 10. Ie. 77F/67rH

Flowering is 20

1 Like

I found this in another thread…is this what you mean?
chart2

I had one with a key. I lost most all of my teaching charts and graphs. Basically, what I said above gets your range on point. Simple and no chart needed. Probably why I haven’t searched my old journals to find it. I got my chart from Blackthumbetty. Check the charts and graphs topic and her name. You’ll find it

1 Like

I did the search

great! TYVM, I really appreciate your time!

1 Like