Hermie and the damage done?

Wondering how bad this is going to be? I have 4 strains in my tent, about a week into flower. Just found out my best looking plant also had balls. I didn’t notice till it was to late. That Iknow of 2 opened and dropped pollen. I Pulled from the tent.

Given this info. How seeded should I expect my other 3 plants to be? Am I going to have a bad 80’s Nickel bag flash back?

7 Likes

No way to predict what might happen with any certainty. You’ll have to let them ride and see how it works out.

5 Likes

Sounds like a hash party :partying_face:

7 Likes

Exactly what I did with my last hermie.

6 Likes

That sounds better then Snap, Crakel pop. Also from what I remember. I don’t like the taste of a burning seed :slight_smile: But hope it won’t be that bad. Find out in about 9 weeks

3 Likes

Hopefully, the only noticed male flowers kept their pollin in close proximity. You’ll probably have some seeds. Start looking for hairs to turn red from the tips, but not recede back in like they do at maturity. This is a way to help identify potentially pollinated calyx

7 Likes

That’s a bummer, Snap crackle pop anybody around in the eighties smoke some weed with seeds an was glad to get it. Good luck finishing up :v:

8 Likes

I remember the first time I had weed without seeds. It was in the mid 70’s. They called it Sensemilla. I thought that was the strain at the time :crazy_face:. I have had some good stuff that had seeds. :blush::v:

6 Likes

Oh yeah my friend , some of that compressed weed coming out of south america back in the day was not bad. I do remember the sensemilla but it was pretty darn pricey. An was very hard to come by in the area that I was located.

3 Likes

Way back when. Had a guy with great weed. still remember paying 45 for 1/8th. That was super expensive but worth it. The other options were ok to why am I buying this :slight_smile: I sure every city had the shady nickel bag door. In Queens it was Hillside and 212th. 5 dollars in the hole and like magic a nikle bag would appear :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Looking like we all had herpes cause a seed would pop right at your lip and burn the shit out of you. Or the roach get stuck to your lip and blister it :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

5 Likes

Fun fact :smiley:
Thats a word lots of people still don’t know only means “seedless” :sweat_smile:

7 Likes

Ditto. It was a special treat to find it back in the 70s. It was back when a zip of weed was $30 and a quarter pound was $100.

Sensimilla literally means “seedless” in Spanish.

Useless trivia: “marijuana” is the Spanish term for cannabis.

3 Likes

@ChittyChittyBangin You could always spot the used cars on the lot with the perfect little round burnt spots on the upholstery. (Oh yeah you know what that was from) :v:

3 Likes

So many little burn holes in my shirts…My car carpets…the upholstery… :rofl: :rofl:

3 Likes

Yep those were the days. We had a couple friends that always had the best weed. And they always shared with us. We also had access to what another friend said was government grown. It was one hit and you were all good. :blush::v:

2 Likes

This article is all I can think of when I hear talk about 70s weed. .

I definitely see why it was called “weed” :sweat_smile:
I do believe this is a term we shouldn’t use anymore, because what we grow nowadays is dosen’t look like the weeds from the 70s.
I’d throw this away if this what mine looked like :rofl:
Glad i missed it by a decade, i thought the 80-90 Mexican press was bad :flushed:

1 Like

Thanks for sharing the article @1HappyPappy , wish I had some of the old High times magazines they all got tossed. The weed I was getting was compressed flat as a flitter it wasn’t fluffy like that. And sometimes you would need to steam a brick over a pan of hot water in order to pull it apart an not have all shake.

2 Likes

Looked like a brick of coco :rofl::rofl::rofl:

2 Likes

anybody around in the eighties smoke some weed with seeds an was glad to get it

First joint, behind the gym, Redwood High school, sophomore year, 1968 with some hippie chick whose name I have long forgotten but who’s bodily charms…enticed me. I quit the football team and chasing cheerleaders the next day and by the end of the month had bought a surfboard and never looked back.
With six sticks in a matchbox for $0.05…It was pretty easy to go one toke over the line.
And just ahead were Janice Joplin’s Halloween parties, Grateful Dead rehearsal sessions at the barn in Lagunitas, the Jefferson Airplane jamming on the seawall behind their house at Bolinas, countless volleyball games with naked hippie chicks in the sand and psychedelic rides rides in perfect tubes on waves that break endlessly over Duxbury reef…
A hippie’s dream that, at the time, seemed like it would go on forever.
Jerry Garcia later described the period as, “A brief moment in time when the door to the darkness cracked open and the light just came rushing in until the powers that be noticed all the joy and BANG slammed it shut again.”

2 Likes