Herme seeds type

Ok I had all my plants go herme on me but I have been reading that if a female seed dose go herme that the seeds are also female seeds is this true

The pollen from a hermie is female. You take that pollen and pollinate a true female to get female seeds. A hermie that pollinates itself has passed on the hermie traits to its seeds.

4 Likes

So is that a yes or are they also going to be herme

1 Like

There’s not a 100% chance they’ll hermie but a good chance they will. Kind of a roll of the dice. Some people grow them out. A lot of people don’t want to waste time, nutes, soil, etc.

The further you get away from base genetics (F1, F2 etc) the less robust and more prone to genetically related issues. Hermaphroditism is one. I had a Sour Diesel stress seed due to extreme heat a couple of years ago and a number of us on the forum have grown out the resulting seeds with great success, including myself. So it depends on the circumstances and cultivar you are having trouble with.

2 Likes

The reason they herme is light leak. I’ll be reworking both my grow tents to fix the problem and just get things set up better for this winters growing season. I’ll probably go ahead and try growing these seeds after I know I have the setup dialed in right

In That case u should be fine. Wasnt genetics that beat ya. Was human mishaps. Id drop them beans

2 Likes

Oh I’m going to if it works out good I might do it to others to get more seeds

Ill meet u in the middle! Light hack to herm. Then use herm pollen on OTHER females for real Fem’d seeds

3 Likes

If the plant self pollinates, it will carry it’s own genetics to the seeds.
If it is a known feminized plant that just got stressed or silvered, then those seeds would be good seeds.
If it was a hermie by nature, then it’s seeds and pollen are trash…unless you like hermies.

3 Likes

How’d you know?Deleting my browser history! Lol

4 Likes

Hermies make hermies. I went 3 for 3 using seeds from a self pollinated plant . Everyone one of them hermied around day 20 of flower.

3 Likes

I too have tried using seeds from hermed plants. 3 for 4 went south so far. The last is just starting to flower. I’ll be shocked if it doesn’t herm.

Colossal waste of time and resources.

4 Likes

HILARIOUS … @RandomlyRan:face_with_hand_over_mouth::roll_eyes:

1 Like

I was wondering who would comment first. You won :clap::trophy:

3 Likes