Hermaphrodite...yes or no?

I thought that was it, so hey I wasn’t too far off. Thanks for clarifying :sunglasses:

3 Likes

No problem. They can resemble seeds sometimes but have a slightly different shape and should sprout pistils if left until harvest. The ones that show up late in flower will b full of oil and have not shot the pistil yet

2 Likes

A lot of people will separate the at harvest and use them to top bowls or use for edibles.

2 Likes

Solid info, I was just thinking about that! I want to use every part I can at harvest for either smoking or edibles :innocent:

1 Like

That’s why we are all here; to learn. I pick up stuff every day.

3 Likes

Exactly. I try to read through as many topics as possible in as much free time as possible. Always picking up new ways to look at something, or another way to do something, or what ways tend to work better. It’s very easy to pack a bowl and get lost thumbing :joy:

2 Likes

First I would like to welcome you to the forum. A great community with many experienced growers wanting nothing more than your success!

I would also wait to see what happens. I almost yanked one this year for looking just like yours. Thankfully, I waited to see what would emerge first!

As your buds prepare for that final push in swelling, they can push out extra pistils per calyx. I had a few that looked like they had 4 instead of the normal 2.

It’s only speculation, at this point, but I believe it may be a last ditch effort for the plant to catch pollen. After the new pistils emerge you will notice a renewed swelling of your buds with a new covering of fresh trichomes.

Just a little patience will determine if you are good or screwed. There won’t be any mistaking the “nanners” when they emerge. It truly looks like a tiny banana coming out from where the little “hairs” should be.

My service is spotty, so sometimes it may take a little time for me to respond, but if you tag me, I generally see it. Of course, I’ve been missing a few tags lately for some reason.

Again, welcome to the forum…

1 Like