Here we GrOw Again (ILGM- Wedding Cake Autos)

@Caligurl

Sorry Sis I left you off. :giraffe: :lips:

Have any input?

1 Like

Plants are looking good. I spy a pup in the background of a pic. What strain are you growing?

1 Like

These are ILGM Wedding Cake. Trying to put it all together this time. Got some issues but got too much weed for the space as I have never attempted 3.

Yes that is my boy laying down on the job. He ended up putting all the work off on me.

Prior to me taking the pic he had been laying in his normal AM position which is his face near the 4" intake pipe to the grow closet. He’s my Bud. My 84 + year old Stoner.

2 Likes

Update 31 OCT (Day 64 Above Dirt)

Boo. Hope I did not scare you.

I got that 0420 hr toke of the stuffed 16 mm Grav bowl out of the way. BTW I love brushing my teeth and getting Stoned right out of the sack, anybody else? That is the best judge if my weed is any good. My weed is good. Good enough for this old stoner anyway. I like GRAV 16mm glassware? Cheap and easy to clean. Really Prefer a Bong with water but too much waste that don’t burn. Opinions? any nice easy to clean pipes you all use?

Pics I included below are from today and named to make sense. Quality of the pics is lacking.

Order of the 4 Pics……Group, 1 old dirty Bastard, 2 new, 3 new.

From a couple other previous Grow outs with this ILGM Wedding Cake Auto I am looking at 7 Dec the 100 day above the Ground mark for a potential earliest chop down date. That is my guess right now.

This Grow I have plant Space competition (Extra Plant) jammed in the box. My leaves are suffering and probably I might have them all looking like Old Yeller a plant I seen somebody growing out here on the forum. I hope the guy did not trade mark Old Yeller, cause I may have 3 of them needing a name change before this is over. Hopefully I am not left to tears with my triplets like the Old Yeller movie made cry. I have only tried growing two in this same box before. I am proud to say right now I am chasing numbers, but achieving and maintaining Self Reliance more than anything. Too old to play weed game. Too old for sharing my grow with real people I can see anyway. Virtual is the only way to share this stuff in my eye. Hope this VPN don’t let me down either. Not-LOL.

I am going to judge the chop by the naked eyeball average of 3 plants. I will cut them all down same day. Far too dangerous here to be gambling on Reek wafting smells and pungent odors.

OK back to the plants,…

My thoughts / Guesses:

Too many 1970s old school Flora chemicals? I have never lowered the light below 20” but been hitting them with 168w steady for quite awhile. Regulated temps have been really steady 78-80F max for 99% of the time.

I think this leaf mess could still be lingering side effects from when I was using approximately 8 oz of tap water per gallon to knock the tap 8 PH down close to 6.5 and Raise my PPM. My water has Chloramine in it. The Tap + RO to raise PPM was a Fd Up strategy I used, but I learned a lesson. The reason for the “Tap Water”, in my mind was to go above 100PPM for a start off solution so the PH pen will lock on for accurate reading. I went thru 2 yellow and black PH pens before Spanky pointed out the facts I was PHing a solution with no Ions in the water under 100 ppm. That Plus I was mixing the chems out of proper order. Learned to PH Last, right before application another valuable lesson, the hard way, but that is how I learn. I don’t touch hot stoves anymore either I can assure you.

I decided any tap water that starts off 900 ppm and a PH of 8+, with chloramine was stupid about a week ago. I don’t need use tap with the all other chems I use. If I need to raise chems on a water day I will add just enough Epsom Salts to slightly Raise the solution to 100+ PPM so my PH pen can lock on to it.

I am also thinking about using Epson Salts and scrap the Cal Mag all together next time as the Magnesium will come from the salts? I am sure those bottles of Flora got that other “Cal” shxt Calcium? LOL. covered down somewhere, I hope… Any opinion on using Epsom Salts exclusively?

So Next Grow I think I am leaning towards.

Starting to use Epsom Salt earlier and NO, None Zero Tap / Crap Water. 100% RO. I may see what running the numbers closer to 1000 ppm also in line with the Flora Charts. I am really beginning to think with these Autos and growing in FFHF the in the bag nutrients will get you almost to the finish line by adding good PHd water RO water at Epsom/Cal adjusting to the Flora Chart would be minimal chem applications with Autos. Just add water and Presto. You got fast buds in your stash can.

I don’t know exactly what I will do next time. Fishing for opinions from the Grow crew or others?

@caligurl @meeasy @beardless @spankyjr1 @hellraiser @capt.Cola @exofly @Ruthiej7 @CooterJuice @dennis62

Today when I look at the plants, I see bad, but Old Dirty Bastard Plant #1 looking the best of the all, LOL.

The benefit to me for growing Autos, is I can put over 6 months stash of smoke in the can and suspend Grow operations for awhile. Some of us are growing in non ideal environments.

I did have to warn my boy about sleeping on the job. That is 2 days in a row. Old weed head.

6 Likes

The last overhead shot of the plants is most informative. Made me go back and look at ALL of your numbers again.
I don’t like seeing pH drop from 6.5 to 6.0
Also it looks like calcium deficiencies in the leaves
If you have been giving calmag, then a deficiency might not make sense unless it is caused by pH imbalance causing lockout.
Hopefully someone else can add or correct my observations. I am not a good plant doctor.
In soil I would increase intake pH to 6.7 - 6.8
Epsom provides only magnesium. The other nutrients needs to add calcium.

3 Likes

Fox Farm soils won’t quite get ya to the finish line. My current ILGM Sour Diesels in 5 gal fabric pots I mixed Ocean Forest and Strawberry Fields 50/50 with some added perlite. Then made a large Wendy’s cup size hole in middle of pot and filled with Happy Frog. The soil mixture did get me 6 weeks with only adding beneficials SOUR DIESEL AUTO SOIL GROW My journal for that grow if ya wanna check it out.
What options you have for next grow?

2 Likes

@Beardless

You may be on to something. To answer your questions. No I have rarely used CAL Mag this entire grow becuase I had been continually micro dosing the plants with the Flora Trio all along. I guess I got keyed in on reading only use Cal mag on watering days only and I said F it when I micro dosed. Might have guessed wrong.

I got paranoid about the dull leaves and BTW really I just learned about Epsom Salts (Natural Mag) this grow so I used that lately with the Trio nutes with fingers crossed hoping to get the dull leaves back more green. I deviated from my initial plan of Water/Feed/Water schedule. It has been along time since I used Cal mag this grow

CJ,

I think I may try and grow out 2 Blue Dream Auto I have on hand. I ordered a bunch of Autos when I first started out and now I am going to grow them out. choices all Auto (Z-Kittle, Wedding Cake, Gold leaf, Blue Dream), Definitley getting rid of any trace of Tap in my Start solution.

I may some day try 1 photo. I want to try a critical Kush strain I seen Spanky grow out. I have to be way beyond weed poor to try and invest a All or Nothing Grow on one plant. Growing this shit is like watching paint dry, so I have to maximize my output when i risk doing a home grow out of my location.

I laugh everytime I see your handle… I guess I will never grow up…mentally…LOL

1 Like

I agree could be calcium deficiency or a swing in ph. 6 is pretty low for soil and some nutrients don’t get taken up as well.

2 Likes

I am using old school salts. I am amazed how the Old Dirty Bastard Bag 1 Old Dirt seems to be out performing the brand new FFHF dirt I used. Rookie error. Have enough dirt on hand. Old dirty bastard is FFHF used the previous grow I saved from a previous grow for tomatoes…LOL. Luckily I did not bring in bugs…Knock wood.

1 Like

Lol, yea is why I made my handle what it is, for all of us with that little bit of a immature mind!! Blue Dream is nice!! Smoked it, have never grown it, yet. Blue Dream and Gold Leaf our on my list to grow, sometime. I have waaaay to many seeds on hand atm, lol.

2 Likes

I hear you Brother FF will not get you to the finish line but they can get you close. A good lamp and a PH pen is a great start.

1 Like

Blue dream in my opinion is one of the best day smokes. Grew two in a previous run and both got big fat buds with great taste. Actually smoking blue dream today! Gold leaf I have growing now. Looking forward to another great relaxing smoke.

4 Likes

I dont know anything about soil growing, so no advice/suggestions, but they are looking great man.

1 Like

It’s hard to tell what is going on you still have a lot of damaged leaves from earlier so don’t know if the earlier issue is gone or if you have a new issue
I also don’t know how much calcium is in flora nutrients you are using I never used that brand
Don’t think it would hurt to go water and calmag only on next water/feed event maybe throw some recharge or fish shit also if you have any

2 Likes

I do have some Fish stuff I got at Walmart. It is a nasty smelling bottle so I am pretty sure I got it. Ive never used it. Just out of curiosity would you go a full label FS strength on them? I think I need to give them a break anyway from the Flora Trio stuff next event anyway.

Next event…Water, Cal Mag, Fish Solution.

I realize you turn wrenches for a living so if I F this up, no harm, no worries. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

lets see what happens. I still may change my mind but right now, i think this is the plan for the 5th.

Hey ExoFly. I use rain water only for my plants. We get a lot of rain here, so I always have enough collected from start to finish. We have a well, we live in the mountains, and have a whole house water filtration system….including water softener. :grin::hugs:

2 Likes

Don’t think it’s the same as fish shit
Fish shit only has microbes

What the F#@k does me turning wrenches have to do with anything? This is at least the 3rd time you are making a statement like this
I have not worked as a mechanic since 2008
I’ll keep my opinions to myself from here on out

1 Like

I got about 8 to 9 gallons sitting in my tubs, but i forgot to clean all the leaves and theres a few dead bugs floating. You ever have that issue? Can you just run it through a screen?

1 Like

@CooterJuice here is one of the main colas from my blue dream. The exhaust is 4” and the bud covers the whole thing.

5 Likes