Here we go round 1

Very nice.

1 Like

I have a T8 running and no problems yet. The rh is a pain keeping it above 45%. I find myself sitting in there just thinking about all sorts of stuff. Thanks for all the love it was a sweaty build. I plan on digging the power line ditch today. I hope to have power run and on by next weekend. It is about 150 for the wire and another 150 or so for the conduit and other parts.

3 Likes

Billdookie and pick axe day. Sounds like alot of fun. Rewarding when complete!

2 Likes

I am getting to old for that pick ax poop. Smarter not harder is where I am at in my life. I have a friend with a mini mini tractor with a small hoe about 8in wide. I only have to go 100ft. If I could get my kids to work it would have been done by now. They are just very busy with school also.

3 Likes

Thanks. Now I just have to grow some killer dope in there​:pray::four_leaf_clover:

2 Likes

Smart man! I’m getting to that age but still to damn bullheaded and pay for it days later.

1 Like

If I was to dig that trench my hands and back would hurt fo day’s also.

1 Like

Well time for the morning bong report. This is the first morning the grow room was at a little bit higher RH

No change yet just the loong wait. I gave the cups a little squirt of water to keep them moist on top.
I have been thinking about silica. Is it really necessary?
If so can I get a recommendation of a good one.
How often will I have to water in the bags with soil? I know that @MadamCalamity uses coco so with soil that may be a little different I imagine.

2 Likes

When I used soil I would stick my finger down into the soil to my first knuckle to feel if the soil was dry. Another thing you could do is feel how heavy it is wet vs dry. When it feels light that would be your indicator.
Silica is not necessary but it does help make the stems stronger which could help down the line when they start to build up buds. I haven’t used silica but I do plan on using it this grow.

If you can pipe it do it easier and will save u money. U can use 1 color conduit and use tape 2 identify them. Also easy 2 replace if something goes wrong in the future or u wanna add another current

Edit. Just make sure your ground can handle the current and u only need 1 ground per conduit

2 Likes

Thanks that was the method I used for my outdoor girls. They were in 25 gallon plastic barrels. If I could pick up it needed water. Should I use silica from the get go?

I think it would depend on if you plan on training. It could possibly make the branches hard to LST or whatever method you decide to choose, it would make the chances of snapping a branch more likely. If you decide to use it and train I would suggest if the branches are hard to rub the stems between your fingers to break up fibers to make it a little more flexible to be able to manipulate the branch were you want to go. I myself am planning to start using the silica sometime next week since I just switched to 12/12 a few days ago.

1 Like

My plan is to top and then train in a scrog so I guess that answers my question. Thank you

1 Like

I plan on using 1in plastic conduit and slip joints as per code.
10\2 outdoor use wire also. Would it be a good idea to give the box inside the shed it’s own ground rod?

Your conduit already weather proof so you can save a few bucks by running regular 10 awg wire thru your conduit. It don’t hurt if you add the ground round but make sure u don’t hit no pipes depending where you add the rod

1 Like

Today’s bong report is this. The black widow has broken ground!!!

The white widow or rhino have yet to pop. This is the black widow 12 hrs later
Yep here we go.
I have a GoPro 8 and was thinking about a time lapse video. Well I will have to make sure the batteries are charged first and a new sd card also.
Good night my friends I have to work tonight so it is nap time.

6 Likes

Time lapse would be awesome if you did it. Seen a guy once time lapse lights off and it was pretty amazing watching them whip around and grow. Like a dance party.

2 Likes

I’ve seen videos like that before and it was so cool!

1 Like

Lights off? If so that’s some crazy mother nature shizzle right :heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

2 Likes

Yes!! It’s absolutely amazing! Especially because when lights are off you really don’t think about the fact that they are doing anything even tho that’s when they do the most growing and building up their trichomes.

3 Likes