Here we go round 1

Thank you brother. Do I feed mpk for just 2 weeks correct?

1 Like

It won’t hurt to do it longer but I think 2 weeks is the minimum at least. I let the clones get it for a month, maybe more honestly! LOL!
Flowering on most plants is a 8 week plus affair, just seems to me a little longer isn’t gonna hurt. Plus most people don’t really consider that first week or two after the flip as true flowering. More like a transition period.
Maybe the extra MKP was responsible for the bud-splosions I was seeing! LOL!

3 Likes

Thanks I just want to keep them healthy and happy. I turned the clock back 15 minutes last Friday and going to do the same tonight. I have approximately 5 weeks left. So an hour and a half over the last 6 weeks total. I also been dropping the nighttime temps to around 68 or so. My rh has been a pain keeping it above 45 /50 during lights on. Really cold this weekend . A high of 6 with subzero at night . No temp problem so my insulation job is up to snuff thank goodness :sweat_smile: I had purchased a jug of cal/mag. When do most people would introduce that?

2 Likes

You can run CalMag the whole time you’re feeding nutes if you need to. When I was in FFHF the first go around I added CalMag on the “plain” water days. I guess it really wasn’t plain anymore LOL!
Now that I’m in Jack’s I go with it every second or third time.
I don’t think it’s as big a deal with Jacks. i understand that FF soils are a little lite in it which is why people use it there so much.

Good deal on the insulation job. It’s always nice when you can breathe again after testing the limits of a project you’ve done! LOL!
I know just enough to get me into real trouble on a lot of things!!

3 Likes

Yes @Tylersays answered everything my boy q nutrition guru now a days except the mammoth part I can’t afford it lol… so you did 1month huh that’s the secret 2 have all the clones looking fantastic

2 Likes

I followed the Greengene’s schedule on Kootmed’s feeding chart - except for the Boost formula - couldn’t find it in stock anywhere!! On the chart and his videos he says you can run it during the entire flowering period till the end flush. I’ll have to look back at my written journal - which is back in the lab, to know for sure how long I actually fed the MKP. It might have been a little longer than 4 weeks, maybe less - honestly I just don’t know off hand! LOL! I’m pretty sure it was 4+.

My next clone run I’m gonna do a experiment with Mammoth P. Half with/half without, and we’ll see if we can see a difference. It should be interesting to see what, if any differences we can see.
And you’re right about it not being cheap - at the time I bought it I was desperately trying to save the last grow. I was firing off credit cards in all directions! LOL!
I spent the money and now I have it, so I’ll be using it till it’s gone! LOL!
If the experiment proves that it doesn’t do much I’ll just burn through what I have and be done with it.
If it works and we can see a difference for the better, I’ll never shut up about it! LOL!

We shall see!

2 Likes

Nothing wrong with it and can’t wait 4 your next clones. You got strains 4 days so what will you drop next

1 Like

Thanks y’all I read a lot of conflicting ways of feeding them and want to have a basic understanding of what the majority of thinks. 76 degrees and 45%rh this morning with it being 9 below at 0700. The insulation job is up to par. I think I will wait on @Tylersays mammoth clone experiment before I drop the coin on some.

Mammoth, fish shit and tribus are pretty much the same thing just 3 different price range. @Hellraiser ran experiments on using fish shit by itself and also with tribus he stated he had a bigger yield using both together. But we r way behind him when it comes 2 growing and he’s in coco if I ain’t mistaken so they feed every day

1 Like

Yes I get that. It’s very easy o get caught up in all the additives and nutes. I found that fs gave me bigger limbs than tribus. Not a lot different but enough to see .

Maybe FishSh!t and Tribus, but Mammoth P microbes are picked and placed together for their ability to break down and process phosphorus for the plant to use. Which is what the girls eat most in flower.
The others, including ReCharge are just general microbe blends and don’t concentrate solely on P.
ReCharge also has feed for the microbes.
But according to Mammoth P there IS a difference in the purpose of the blend.
That’s what the test will hopefully either prove or disprove!

Phosphorus is most used in early growth for root development, and later in flowering for flower development.

Plus Mammy is POTENT! You only use 0.60 ml per gallon.

1 Like

Will see what it produces for u 4 sure. I hope you get lbs on lbs

1 Like

I also try to keep in mind that microbes are living creatures. If the soil is healthy so will your microbe colonies be.
If they get the right conditions you should really only have to occasionally feed them as they develop a symbiotic relationship to the plant. They give the plant things it needs and in exchange the plant feeds them the carbon they need.
It['s almost a trick of the industry to say give this every week when you could just as easily feed your existing colonies and they’ll take care of themselves.
Microbes are living beings as compared to nutes, which for the most part, is ground up “rocks”. LOL!

1 Like

That’s why you gotta use clones for head to head comparisons.
It just won’t work from seed, IMHO.
With clones you’re working with exactly identical plant properties.
I think we’ve all seen the wild phenotype differences 2 of the “same” seeds are capable of producing.

2 Likes

So that is what recharge is for to feed the colony’s of microbes. If the colony is healthy and well fed why add the microbes as often as we do? That would seem to be a waste . Or do they die off because there life span is short? This is a subject I get confused on at times.lol

1 Like

That’s y I do recharge every other week and in between I use fish shit

1 Like

Well, if we used less microbes we’d buy less.
If I owned the bug supplying business that’s what I’d be thinking anyway! LOL!
More use + more sales…

ReCharge actually does have a microbe blend also, but it does contain feed elements for them also.

I’m pretty sure that’s what the molasses is used for. Although I’ve read that straight raw unfiltered honey is just as effective and actually carries a microbe or two of it’s own.

2 Likes

Yes I understand than the microbes need carbs so that’s what the molasses is for. Awesome.
On a side note. I have a person who wants to buy the big clone. Any ideas on what I should ask for her? She is as big as her mom was before I flipped her. Is a 100$ too much?

1 Like

Idk I been looking into start my own worm farm using coffee grounds and stuff maybe by summer I will have an better idea. My neighbor is helping me out he has 1 and his greenhouse is amazing

1 Like

@Dhooter - I would have no idea how much to ask! LOL!
Depends on if it’s a buyers or sellers market! LOL!
I saw some clones online that were hundreds of dollars for a single one. I’m like - Not today! LOL!

@SilvaBack203 - hook up with your local convenience store or try to find a Starbucks who’ll give you used grounds. Years ago there was a little mom and pop store here and the little old lady would save the grounds in a separate baggie everyday and just sit them out on the sidewalk out front for free! First come, first served! LOL! She’d have half a grocery bag of grounds sitting out there everyday of the week. I used to have a couple of compost barrels and I’d grab them on occasion.
They’ve since closed up and retired.
They were like 70 years old already! LOL!

1 Like