Here We Go! Auto Northern Lights and CBD White Widow

Hello! I’ve been reading tons on this site while waiting for everything to arrive for my first grow. I have some stress and anxiety issues and have decided to give this a try vs meds. So, here we go!

Tent 4X4

Lights - 1 SF2000 and 1 SF1000 (Bought a smaller tent kit and fell in love with the idea of growing is the reason for 2 different lights)

5 gallon Pots w/ ffof

AC Infinity fan (thing is BA)

4 plants. 2 Auto Northern Lights from ILGM and 2 Auto CBD White Widows. Lights are now at 40% and 30" from the soil. I’m getting around a 300 PAR reading at top of seedlings. The tallest NL was planted a few days before the others 1/25 and the one with the cup on top was planted yesterday 1/27. Just taking care of these babies has lowered my stress. Hopefully this doesn’t turn into an epic fail! Any feedback is welcomed and appreciated. Thanks!

3 Likes

Looks like you are set! Only thing I see is FFOF is “hot” so you may see some small issues until they get bigger and can handle it! Good luck and welcome to ILGM forum!

2 Likes

Thanks! I am pretty much going off of Mr. Grow It YouTube channel and trying to replicate his grows. Going to use Blue Planet nutes and Cal Mag when the time comes.

1 Like

I am also growing northern lights for the anxiety relief! I hope your ladies grow nice and strong!

1 Like

Beautiful setup btw!

1 Like

Thanks!

Nice healthy green start. You got this. Expect them to start slow starting in big pots then really take off after a couple sleepy weeks.

1 Like

Thanks, Eagles. I have a BUNCH of seeds for after this grow to try different things. You recommend starting autos in a solo cup or smaller pot? Thanks again!

1 Like

No way, I’m all about starting in final home if space accommodates, photo or auto. Just a bit of a lull while the roots explore.

Gotcha. I’m like a little kid peeking at them. Stay tuned and thanks again!

1 Like

Lol I know the feel. I’ve only been at this since July so I’m still hovering a good bit. You’re welcome. I mainly grow photos but have run a few autos and have three currently. Feel free to tag me with anything and if nothing else I have a good idea who to tag for you :yum:

1 Like

@Eagles009 The last one under the cup in pic above has sprouted. My question is, should I consider this day one for all of them? The first NL sprouted 5 days ago. I would assume their schedules will all stay the same? Thanks!

1 Like

Not sure why it matters what day you say they are on. You will not be feeding for quite awhile in five gallons of ffof. By the time you feed it will probably be 1/4 or 1/2 dose flower nutes. For shits and giggles day one designation for all four sounds good to me :yum:

1 Like

Thank you! I bought a smaller tent and knew right away I’d want a bigger one. Hope your grow gos well! Have you used NL for stress before?

Looks like a great start. One thing for sure, take advantage of the knowledgeable group here with any questions/issues.
I’ve only been on this forum for a short time but I can allready tell there’s a good vibe.
There’s a pretty good handful of regulars that go all out to help newer growers.
Their knowledge is priceless.

2 Likes

You are off to a good start. I tried 5 NL autos and none germinated. Did grow the photo NL. Great bud.
Yes this growing thing is addicting.

1 Like

We will officially call this day one since they all have sprouted. I am a little concerned about the one NL pictured. I pulled the shell off it. Hopefully she makes it. Oscillating fan showing up tomorrow. Hope you all have a good weekend. Snow storm here :face_vomiting:

1 Like

@Eagles009 do you think this will open up? It has grow a little taller today. Thanks

2 Likes

When I take helmets off if the cotelydons don’t spread naturally I inspect and remove the skin, membrane, whatever that crap is. I wouldn’t leave it like that personally.

2 Likes

It worked! Thanks pal! Now hopefully she does ok. I started germination on another seed thinking this one was baked. Better find a friend who needs one. Think 5 would be too many… especially for my first time. Thanks again!

1 Like