Here to answer your bong, pipe, and vape cleaning questions!

Hey Y’all

I’m a pretty novice grower, having only done one harvest so far but eager to learn from the experts on this forum.

I own a bong cleaning service in Toronto that I started in 2020 after losing my job running a cannabis lounge due to the pandemic.

I write a lot about cleaning tips, product reviews, and more. Would love to share any tips I’ve learned from cleaning 10,000 pieces over the past three years.

I know bong cleaning isn’t complicated but I’m always happy to help with specific questions around difficult percs, weird stains, and anything else cleaning-related <3

Much Love!

-Anthony @ Clean Piece

4 Likes

Sweet! I just spent like 30+ minutes cleaning hubby’s bong that he almost never cleans. It took forever!

4 Likes

My first reply <3 Thanks!

I’d be happy to consult you on how to start charging your man lol

Maybe look into some soaking agents like Resolution Gel. you can soak it overnight and it’s even reusable.

2 Likes

Someone mentioned Acetone to me. Told me that it works really well. I haven’t tried it yet. I just use rubbing alcohol and rock salt.

Please enlighten me if you have a better method?

I use 91% Isopropyl and sea salt and a few rice grains

1 Like

stick with ISO. Both are good solvents and acetone works in a pinch but nothing works better than >90% ISO alcohol. I even wrote a piece comparing 70% and 90% alcohol you may be interested in!

thanks for contributing, I’m sure others have wondered this

2 Likes

I also use the 91% ISO. No doubt that it softens the resin quicker. Thanks for your help.

2 Likes

Nice article! I’m wondering now if I should use a lower grade alcohol on my mushroom grows. Do you think it stands the same for germs as it would for spores and bacteria?

2 Likes

91 iso and coarse salt seems to do the trick. But…. I literally have a pickle jar of bowls and one hitters soaking at all times (I had a friend who would buy them and throw them away when they got dirty) I think I saved 5 or 6 fairly nice glass pieces from the garbage man :joy: for my everyday one hitter a good ol pipe cleaner every few days seems to keep it out of the iso. Great idea with the cleaning service!

1 Like

I learned something useful during the pandemic. 75% alcohol based wipes are excellent for cleaning the bong. I started by trying hand sanitizer and that worked too but not as good. I wrap a sheet around a bottle brush and in one swipe it’s cleaner than a whistle. Whistles are full of germs.