Here’s my setup :)

Here is my setup and my babies are six days old today doing very well! I got this light and everything in a kit does anyone know what kind of light this is I know it’s 600 watt but I would like to know a name , any suggestions or comments are appreciated as this is my first grow and want to do it all right thanks everyone

6 Likes

That light would be enough for 1 plant in Flower

5 Likes

Nice healthy looking babies! Unfortunately that light is not drawing 600 watts, there’s no way. Welcome to the world of false blurple advertisement. What’s the tent 3 x 3? Do you have a model number or something to identify the light with?

6 Likes

First grow is so exciting! Your space looks good.I’ll be tagging along to watch. Good luck and have fun!

4 Likes

Welcome to the community !

3 Likes

Welcome. All looks wonderful so far but the light. An upgrade will be in the super near future for u. If u can save up for a good hlg light if u r wanting to carry on this fun hobby for a while. Save urself some headaches and alot of cursing now. I was a hard headed one and dodnt listen too well and i now am the not proud owner of q0 blurples and 4x 240w cheap enfun qb boards. Thats aboit a grand sitting in the closet that wont ever get me my money back.

4 Likes

Yeah it’s a three by three they are autoflowers so hopefully it won’t make too much of a difference, there no model number or anything that’s what confuses me . I’m going to run it this run and hopefully upgrade to something any suggestions?

3 Likes

Yeah that’s what I hear I should be good for this run right ?

1 Like

Itll get u buds but u r gonna be super upset in the end results. I was and the buds looked bad ass tasted good snelled good but were so light and airy. A quarter of buds in a bag loomed like an onion lol. And onion looked like a half pound ect. It was nuts but tasted good with awesome high just not quality material tho

3 Likes

Right but for personal use I don’t care lol it’s just a fun hobby , what’s your suggestion on a light that would work in a three by three I don’t have a lot of money but I want it to be successful after this run … so this run will be fine right just not good bag appeal?

2 Likes

Eek. Depends on your definition of “fine” I suppose. Autoflowers are less dense than photos to begin with. Add in inferior lighting. Looking at loose buds for sure. Could still smell and smoke nice! Carry on with what you have. See if this hobby is for you. If it is look at upgraded light and photo period for next grow. Will be night and day results.

Just my .02

As for the actual upgrade I’d say anything properly researched running 301 b/h diodes with decent to good reds will do the trick. HLG is nice, I have one. I also have a knockoff qb…it’s nice as well :wink:.

4 Likes

Look at HLG lighting, one HLG 260 v2 R-Spec would be a good choice for your 3x3 space. They are also other brands.

4 Likes

Ok thanks what’s the names of the lights so I can look them up on Amazon and see how much we are looking at , like I said I’m new at this so don’t know much

2 Likes

Unfortunately I bought my knockoff eight months ago. Didn’t come advertised with a brand name. I was green back then and in a rush to get a decent light, didn’t want to spend a ton, but didn’t want shit results. So I gambled my time (ebay buyer protection) on a seller with 99.8 positive feedback. He was probably buying in bulk from alibaba and reselling now that I look back on it.

Anyway…lol, long story short. You can buy HLG with confidence or do your research on alternatives and decide who to trust. I like what “kingbrite” (alibaba only) advertises for what they charge. But I don’t own one yet to vouch for it.

3 Likes

@dbrn32 as well as others would be able to help with that.

What I can tell you is, they are right. Your buds will be airy. You really don’t want to spend 4 months with that light when you can spend a little money and double your yield.

You can build a light a lot cheaper then just going out and purchasing one
Good luck! :+1:t2::v::sunglasses:

6 Likes

Will this one work ? Those HLG ones are crazy expensive lol

1 Like

The HLG 135 will do a far better job than the TS1000 and isn’t far off the same price.

It’s not big enough to fully flower a 3x3.
(I literally just upgraded from the TS1000 this grow)

3 Likes

Like I said brother, it’s a crap shoot when the manufacturers don’t submit for 3rd party testing. Our light guy has been tagged and can elaborate further. I’m pretty sure he frowns on mars. You definitely don’t have to go hlg. But it’s kind of a leap of faith with most lights when you don’t have those 3rd party maps to compare. I would look at the kingbrite store on alibaba if I was in your shoes. You can grab one of their older lights with epistar reds pretty damn cheap. The newer ones have better reds and uv and price isn’t crazy.

3 Likes

But the TS1000 would be better than what I got , if you could screen shot the light your talki by about please no rush just trying to save up for after this run

If you’re saving up for after this run regardless you’ll want to go bigger than the 135. They best way I’ve heard it explained is that you’ll need between 30-50 watts per square foot of flower space… the higher quality you buy… the closer to only needing 30 watts you get.

2 Likes