Here’s a question for you horticulturists

I have five, very large, over 10 feet tall, female plants outside. All in pre flower. I also have several hummingbird feeders close by. The hummingbirds were scarce this year. This morning I had probably 50 bees drinking from the feeders. They were also circling the pot plants and I think landing on them. Is this a good thing? A bad thing? Are they just getting a buzz? (See what I did there). Your thoughts.

1 Like

They don’t catch a “buzz,” as they have no cannabinoid receptors. they are very attracted to LARGE plants. Usually male plants. Maybe they know something you don’t?

3 Likes

Oh wow :scream:

Bees don’t have cannabinoid receptors so they won’t get high. But they can collect the resin to make a sealant for their hive. Check around though, they’re more attracted to male plants.

1 Like

Very interesting, didn’t know that :love_you_gesture:

Which means that if you have a neighbor in range of that beehive with male plants outside; birds and the bees, baby.

I knew the didn’t get a buzz, lol. I’ve checked mine carefully. They are female. But now you’ve got me really worried. I just got a portable microscope so I’ll take some pics up close. I’m sure they are coming to my yard for the sugar water in the humming bird feeders.thanks for the responses.

1 Like

Very interesting. We put in a pollinator garden this year and have bees, butterflies, and birds. I have one suspected hermie. No watermelons or bananas but it just shot up with flowers and calyx without the common two pistols. It is a clone and does not resemble momma or its sisters. I believe culling is in order before well….birds and the bees.

1 Like

Yep sorry to say but he’s ball’s out

1 Like

Thats a dude man sorry. Chop him up asap

2 Likes

That’s a male homie

1 Like

I have 2 humming bird feeders close by to my grow …
They are pretty active and the feeders are glass and don’t leak however the slightest breeze can case drops to come out of the holes …I do notice once in a while a bee or 2 …
And I did notice them …take notice to my girls …

They seem to check it out and don’t see pollen and usually leave …

Maybe you came out when they were all buzzing around …

You gotta be shittng me. It’s 12 feet tall.
OMG. IM SO P
SSED.
I’ll pics of the other four tomorrow AM. Not gonna sleep well tonight!!!

That sucks hopefully you caught it soon enough I’d be really careful cutting it down you don’t want to disturb even one of those balls. Good luck.

1 Like

Wouldn’t do that to you homie, those are straight male pollen sacks. No doubt about it.

1 Like

Then I’m pretty sure that three of the five look the same. I’m so disappointed. Last year I found a guy in the girls tent early on. I’ve been watching but didn’t see the sacks in the “v”. Then noticed that, what I thought was pre flower, looked weird. So I’m guessing I let the guy stick around to long and knock up the girls? I bought a loupe and just yesterday got a portable microscope. Not a very good second grow! I was bragging about the size of my girls and they probably all dudes. GREAT!

1 Like

If there is good news, the sacks in pic above didn’t appear to be open yet. At 12’ they are probably too big to cover with trash bag, so just try to be careful getting them out.

I think what you seen as preflower may have been stipules, both male and females will have them. At least you will know for the future. Also worth pointing out, I don’t think I had any seed free weed until I was probably around 20. But I do remember being high as a kite several times in my teens. Seed free weed is obviously most desirable, but if your plants catch some pollen isn’t the end of the world. It could still be really good weed and plenty potent, and you would have some free naturally pollinated seeds.

3 Likes

3 out of 5 plants harvested. 2 big 55gallon trash bags full.
Cancel the trimming party, they are dudes!
Hope the other two girls make it.

The left one looks like it could have been a body :flushed:

2 Likes