Here I grow again on my own! SS fem #2

@Happyweed84, I don’t mean to be rude, but this is @Drillbit grow journal. If you want to ask for opinions on your plants and grow, you should likely start your own thread so that this one can stay on topic :slight_smile:

Thanks for understanding. We do our best to be respectful of each others “space” here. Welcome to the community!

5 Likes

I appreciate bud but It’s ok @Mr.Indica. I’m cool with it. As long as people are not bickering and being rude, I can live with it. Happy to answer any questions. Im out of likes already! I just signed on! Whats up with that?

5 Likes

Haha right on @Drillbit , sorry for sticking my nose where it doesn’t belong. In reality though, folks will likely get more assistance if they start a fresh thread asking for help :wink:

But super cool that your chill about it all. I agree, as long as people are friendly and cool, all is good :+1:t3:

1 Like

I think its pretty impressive for a 30w led actually! The recommended wattage for led lighting is 25w per square foot. Just so you know. I like to have a bit more than that though. At least 35w for me.

Thankqew for the opportunity, will be watching…
Q

1 Like

Sweet! So all you do is start bending the seedling horizontally? How tall do you let it get before you start training? @OldSchoolGrower

Have you considered doing a scrog? @Drillbit

1 Like

I was gonna try a scrog on this grow. Gotta get the netting first though. Not sure how I wanna go about it just yet. Was thinking of trying the fim method this go round.

Drill bit, I actually start them after about 4 nodes while still in a solocup. And continue throughout the veg grothafter transplanting from 5 gallon bucket into storage tote. Then the 5’x6’ scrog goes on. I will post picks of my LST with your permission.

1 Like

A little more to it than just bending the branch. You actually want to start by bending over the main growing shoot to where it looks like an upside-down U. Slowing the growth hormone in that shoot and transferring the hormone to the lower shoots, producing your branching. It’ll turn itself back upwards towards the light. Then simply undo it and tie it back over again. Allowing the side branches to catch up with the main shoot. Then start securing the growing shoots on the side branches creating more branching off those as well.

2 Likes

Something similar to Star i would imagine…

Altho in hindsight i should have let her grow abit taller before bending…

Cant wait to see what you do…

3 Likes

Of course you have permission @OldSchoolGrower! Please show me a pic. I’d love to see your setup!

Thanks for tagging me as well. I will be following. Nice harvest too. Looks sweet.

1 Like

Thanks bud. Appreciate it.

@OldSchoolGrower, does this seem to be ok for the first step? Stalk is already too thick to bend much more.

4 Likes

Good Luck @Drillbit ! Ill be in the shadows …… getting-stoned

1 Like

Perfect and be gentle I have seen people snap plants. Remember no means no. I also tell people to water and wait an hour before doing LST so that the plant isn’t so stiff.

2 Likes

Nice tip @Vexer! Thanks for the info! That’s why I love ILGM forum! :+1:

2 Likes

This is great advice, I didn’t think about it but it makes perfect sense.

5 Likes

Here she is just 2 and a half hours later. Loving this meizhi 600w!

3 Likes