Here I grow again II

She looks really good, and a little self super cropping never hurt anyone. :sunglasses:

Looks like you have the wonderful kind of problems. Yea a little circulation and a bit of a crash. But gee effing whiz that lady is looking good.

Also happy you asked :sunglasses:. Now i know what an okder swollen calyx looks like and i may not panic. (Yea right )

1 Like

@MattyBear @Myfriendis410 @raustin @Donaldj @Bogleg @Anonyboii just got a new tent 32x32, and new inline fan 6" 400cfm. I figured with more room is have less heat. So wrong. In old tent 18x36x63 and just one 315w cmh, couple small fans for circulation, tent stayed high 70s low 80s. Since I have bigger tent, I added two 300w leds. Use 6" inline for extraction and my old 4" blowing cool aur from family room in. I can’t get temperature below very high 80s, very low 90s. I plan on taking one of the 300w leds out. Any ideas that work to set my set-up up to help remove heat better. Thanks HornHe

Isn’t a 315w big enough to flower a 3x3 tent? I’d do away with one of the LEDs and see what that does for you

1 Like

That’s what the plan was gonna be. Just run the cmh and one 300w led. Just so I get great coverage end to end. With just the cmh, it’s 45.blah psf, with one led adder it’s 62.blah

2 Likes

I noticed that in another grow. Guess its just confirmation. Bigger tent. Then you have to upgrade accessories (like cooling lighting air circulation) hope u get it tuned in bro

In the process now but so frigging tired from work. That and I keep braking to smoke and take

2 Likes

Doesn’t the CMH generate the most heat? You might do better with the two LED fixtures alone, heat-wise, no?

Actually yes and no

Watts typically convert to heat no matter how you look at it on a LED the heat comes off heat sinks ballast rather than directly off of bulb CHIP :wink: but if you read specs on led chips they run at 90f or greater and that heat has to go somewhere. The CMH actually is far cooler than you would expect for a HID they raise ambient about 8f more than a Led of equal watts. The second factor is location of Ballast I keep my LEC ballasts out of space since they run at 90-100f depending on type and quality. You can run CMH solo in a 3x3 but need different reflector I use gullwing style reflectors and remote digital ballasts. Very few led fixtures even of equal watts will give you the PAR and spectrum of CMH which has one of the best Par/W spectrum’s on the market

1 Like

Yeah, that’s why I switched to chm. Even in my old 18"x36" tent with with 450wall watts I wasn’t getting the penetration I get from my cmh. I could probably get away with just 45w psf from cmh, I just using led for the extra coverage at edge of tent. And I turned my vivosun reflector into a full wing. Thanks Donald

3 Likes

I run a CMH in a 3x6 space with a light mover and get pretty good results figuring true wattage in my space is tricky since I run 4 spaces 3 on different light schedules so easiest thing for me to factor is light watts in each space I run rough 20w sqft during flower I know I could easily up that by dedicating exhaust to each space but I task exhaust to cool 3 spaces and vent a drying cabinet :wink: at 135w/hr my light movers run at roughly 8w each circulation fans are about 30w? give take and run 4

1 Like

My ballast is connected to the light fixture its self, so that’s a heat problem. Here’s a pic of my set-up

I have a small 6" fan blowing on ballast, 8" fan blowing across cmh bulb itself then carbon filter right in front of cmh. When i got my new 6" inline fan, i started pumping in cooler air from living room where a/c with old 4" inline fan

Also the new tent i bought only has two 4"x8" vents, one on each side
Plus two 6" sock vents on each side. This one is right behind the 8" fan blowing across cmh bulb
I keep this one shut because its right by carbon filter. Also have two 4" sock vents in top and bottom of back of tent. One on bottom i use for my cords, top one i keep shut.

Could you give me any pointers about what im doing right and wrong. Thanks

@raustin @MattyBear @Myfriendis410 what you guys think about trichomes? Close. Round about count flower is 48-53 days

, nntnlltl5l nom . H ave couple more pics in nect post in frw minutes

3 Likes

I had a couple old Ballasts like that what I did was remove Ballast from reflector and attached wires letting me move ballast out of space :wink:

1 Like

Im not much of an electrision. If its pretty easy, ill give it a shot when I get home. Thanks

Oh, you’re very close. I see a lot of cloudy, but still some clear and no amber, so wait till you see a few amber. Make sure you check daily now, so you don’t miss it.

1 Like

Did what you did. Took light apart, cut 4ft long witesvand removed ballast from inside tent. We’ll see what happens

1 Like

Had to harvest my two outside girls last night. One grew so tall and lanky it just kept snapping branch’s even staked up. The other caught bud rot from the high july humidity. Looks like i may get 2oz off it. Ill post pics later tonight

@AnneBonny i just cut down two fresh plants last night. Do i need to let them dry before washing in 99% iso alcohol?

This is the link i always see