Here I go again

Ok, during flower, how far away was your meizhi from the buds?

Usually 10-12” from the top

3 Likes

It doesn’t surprise me that they advertise something like that. They also claim full replacement of sun and coverage up to 4 square meters, neither of which are true. I suppose the longer flowering time could be in respect to plants/trees that continue to produce, but weed isn’t one of them.

The only real contradiction to that would be that it doesn’t produce any far red to infrared. Those wavelengths can create Emerson effect and have weed finish up a little quicker. But we’re talking a few days or so without any effect on harvest yields. Unless you’re working with a known fast or long flowering strain I would expect the typical 9-10 weeks flowering time under them.

2 Likes

Those look great! Keep up the good work. Well done

@HornHead I have a pair of the same lights. They’re one step above most of the China lights but subject to false marketing too, apparently.

You still have some time left on your grow, pretty plant!

I use and like coco but I would suggest that you increase the rate at which you are flushing as coco tends to build salts. I started using GH’s “Florakleen” and FF makes “Sledgehammer” which is a good product to use on coco. 60 days is just a guideline and running longer, to me, is not a bad thing!

I would continue with the Cha Ching but think about your finishing nutes (Beastie Bloomz?) because the time is approaching.

2 Likes

@Myfriendis410 thanks for the advice. The way I took it, was that the ff cha-ching was a finish nute. Now, I do have some Humboldt ginormous 0-18-16. Now, would that be a finisher. Is it P or K that you wanna feed at the end?

1 Like

You are correct: I had to refresh my memory lol. That will drop the P down from the Cha Ching which frankly isn’t bad, depending on how far along you are. I would like to be seeing many deficiencies late in flower; chiefly of course is N. I don’t see how it would do any harm at all as they are both good products made with quality ingredients. Just remember your end game as you want to avoid feeding for the last couple of weeks.

3 Likes

Yeah, I was thinking another week and a half of feed, then plain water from there on out. So, continue with the cha ching for last couple feeding, or should I be using the Humboldt ginormous?

2 Likes

Why not save the Humboldt product for your next grow? Stick with the FF line and you can compare the quality and taste to the Humboldt line. I’m doing a soil grow to see what if any difference I can detect between that and coco. Currently using no nutes other than worm casting tea.

1 Like

I’ve already used the ginormous tho. See, I’ve read that about mid bloom plant want heavy p or K, can’t remember. But, they want more that nutrient to pack on weight so I added that to my feeding. Then I read that the cha ching was a finisher, so I purchased it, and have been using strictly that since I only have a few weeks left. Honestly, I can tell a huge difference in size of buds from this grow and my last couple. But, my last couple grow we in soil and I had a root aphids problem so I really have nothing to compare it to

1 Like

For my last couple weeks of flower, I figured I’d add another light. So, now I have 4- 300w lights in a 2x3 tent, two of which are cobs. Hopefully that’ll make her pack on the pounds

5 Likes

Bud a day pic

1 Like

1 Like

I just watered yesterday and gotta water again tonight. Hopefully it’s using all that water and nute to bulk up

I gotta be burnt. I coulda swore that I’ve already posted this, but can’t find it on page anywhere. Anyways, I added a fourth light to my tent for the last couple weeks of flower, so I have a total of 540 true watts in my little 2x3 tent on one plant. A little over kill maybe?

3 Likes

You’re definitely going hard on the meter for the size space lol. Hopefully it pays off in some extra bud swell.

3 Likes

I’ll probably only run with all four for a week or two. I can picture electric meter spinning like a broken clock

2 Likes