Here goes the first grow

@MeEasy I got an email today from fast buds all about super soil. I have read some other stuff but am very intrigued. I think I may put some together. Would you be willing to share your recipe?

1 Like

Iā€™ve never made my own. When I decided to go organic I was doing research and found a premixed product (Earth Dust) from thegreensunshineco dot you know whatā€¦ I figured Iā€™d use until I did more research and could build my own soil, but I fell in love with Earth Dust and I have no intention of changing so I stopped looking at building soil. I would recommend checking out Earth Dust then after if you still want to make your own I have a couple places with recipes that you can check outā€¦
Buildasoil dot you know whatā€¦
Clackamascoot dot . . .
Kisorganics . . .
Thatā€™s all I can think of right now if I remember anything more Iā€™ll get back to you

2 Likes

So that product has everything you need? Do you have to let it cook?

1 Like

I just happened to go to another thread just now and I saw this it was posted by @2GreenThumbs

Subcools super soil 1/2 recipe

1/2 Recipe

4 large bags of a high-quality organic potting soil with coco fiber and mycorrhizae (i.e., your base soil)

12.5 to 25 lbs of organic worm castings

2.5lbs steamed bone meal

2.5lbs bloom bat guano

2.5lbs blood meal

1.5lbs rock phosphate

3/8 cup or 6 tablespoons Epsom Salts

1/4 cup or 4 tablespoon sweet lime (dolomite)

1/4 cup or 4 tablespoons azomite (trace elements)

1 tablespoon powdered humic acid

I mix this 50/50 with pro mix

Good luck and the best advice I can give anyone is start two things if you can, a compost pile and a chicken pen

2 Likes

Thatā€™s the recipe in the article I was reading. Just read the info on earth dust. Seems much easier than getting all those ingredients and mixing together. Your results speak for themselves.

1 Like

Yes it has to cook for at least two weeks before planting. What I do is start the soil at the same time as I drop the seeds then use a solo cup to start the seedlings by the time they are ready to go in the pots the soil is ready

2 Likes

Yes this is why I was going to use dust temporarily while I learned more about mixing my own but like you just said the results were great and I didnā€™t want to mess with 10 bags of nutrients and mixing it myself if I could buy it premixed

1 Like

Lookin awesome!

2 Likes

Iā€™m all about simpler. The idea that I donā€™t have to measure nutrients and ph is right up my alley. The benefits of better crop results is a bonus.

1 Like

Earth Dust ingredients , thatā€™s a lot of separate bags to buy if I were to make my own

Plant Nutrient Ingredients: Organic Wheat middlings, Organic Alfalfa meal, Organic Steamed bone meal, Organic Soybean meal, Organic Potassium sulfate, Distillers grains, Fish Meal, Organic Bat Guano, Insect Frass

Soil Conditioning Ingredients: Organic Bat Guano, Organic Limestone, Organic Worm Castings, Humic Acid, Dried Molasses, Insect Frass

Trace Mineral Ingredients: AZOMITE, Organic Limestone, Organic Kelp Meal, Fish Meal, Organic Steamed Bone Meal

Microbe Food Ingredients: Organic Wheat Middlings, Distillers Grains, Organic Worm Castings, Dried Molasses, Organic Soybean Meal

Billions of Microbes (Fungi & Bacteria) from Micracultureā€™s Plant Probiotics

2 Likes

I read the whole spiel on their site. What do you use as your base? Would the 4 lb bags be enough to do 6, 3 gallon containers?

1 Like

I use fox farm happy frog but only because in my small town the hardware store carries ff products at a good price so I get the big bags of frog for 17 bucks. It says this on the site but I missed it and messed up some seeds because of it, so Iā€™ll warn you so you donā€™t do the same thing lolā€¦ if you are using NEW soil that is already amended with nutrients you only use 2 tbs per gallon of soil instead of what is suggested on the bagā€¦ also on my first time using dust I just did a little flush of the soil I was using and added the dust base to it and it did goodā€¦ the thing with doing that you canā€™t claim 100% organic but because I donā€™t sell my weed I donā€™t care I canā€™t claim itā€¦ the more you use the same soil the better it gets just pull the main root ball leaving as many little roots you can and use the dust cook it and you are ready to go, no more buying soil every grow

1 Like

Iā€™m already using the happy frog now so thatā€™s easy enough. Local feed and seed carries it so easy to get.

1 Like

Yeah Iā€™m not overly concerned about making any organic claims lol. Just easier and beter.

1 Like

Do you know of any coupon codes for them?

1 Like

ā€œGrowgreenā€ gets a small discount, just so you know one bag of each feeds right at 10 5 gallon pots start to finish. I adjust the amount used to the grow so thatā€™s just a close figure

1 Like

Ordered some this evening. Will plan on running that next grow. Thanks for your help and info.

1 Like

New seeds came a day earlier than predicted.

5 Likes

@MeEasy I was watching the videos put out by tgsc. It said at least 5 gallon containers a day to add the boost a week before flowering. How are you handling that w autos? I have been using 3 gallons and starting flower in the late 3rd week to 4th week flowering.

1 Like

All the videos came out recently and I havenā€™t seen all of them but I just switched to 5 gallon pots for my autos this grow I couldnā€™t get my autos to get very big they grew fine in 3 gallon pots but would flower right away and only get a couple feet tall max. Anyways this is an email from them :point_down:

AUTOS

We often get asked how to best use Earth Dust when growing Autoflowers. This is a basic guide to follow that may help with your success! To start, follow the instructions on your bag to amend your media with the Base mix and allow to cook for 2-4 weeks. It is safe to sow your seeds directly into your soil, however using a peat starter plug can help assure your seeds a safe start. Once youā€™re plant has matured to day 30-35 you will want to apply your top dressing of Boost at a rate of 3-4 tablespoons per gallon of media and rake it into the top 1 inch layer of media and water. Make sure the top layer of your soil stays moist for a couple of days to allow the nutrients to penetrate into the substrate below. This should provide your plant with all of the nutrition it should need to finish its full cycle. If your plants shows any sign of deficiency, try to incorporate a boost or compost teas to supplement. Remember when growing with a living soil, it is best to keep it simple and let nature go to work. Please let us know if you have any questions and happy growing

5 Likes