Here goes the first grow

I noticed you had silica in your ingredients, not sure how much Foxfarm you’re using but it already has silica in it. Congratulations on your new hobby. Everything looks great, if you need anything give me a shout. I’m new to the forum but I’ll be glad to help the best I can!

1 Like

Actually yeah thats about right for cfls at least for what I looked up and found

1 Like

@Carpenter I haven’t used any of it yet. It was just something I saw others were using. I wanted it on hand in case I needed it. Thanks, I’m sure I’ll have plenty more questions.

1 Like

Can you post a pic? As long as you keep the stretching under control you can always burry them deeper, up to the cots or more, when you transplant

1 Like

I can take one after work. It’s really just 2 of them stretching. How long did you wait to put them under your big light? @Pinboy

I think they were under the 600 for a few days at this point

3 Likes

I’ve got a little way to go to get there.

Took them out for the picture. @Pinboy

3 Likes

When would I start these on a 20/4 or 18/6 light cycle? On 24/0 so far. @Pinboy @MeEasy @Carpenter

1 Like

Yeah, a bit leggy for sure but not horrible. You’ll be able to burry them deep later but for now keep that light close…be prepared to prop them up if needed so they can’t fall over. Also you might want to have a fan near them blowing very gently so they are just barely moving. More like a slight vibration than a sway in the wind

4 Likes

I don’t switch my light from 24hrs until I transplant. Right about the size/age of my pic above. This time I’m using a 20-4 cycle in hopes of getting a little more veg growth before they switch to flower.

3 Likes

Getting 2 oscillating fans this weekend for inside the tent.

1 Like

Thanks for the help. @Pinboy

1 Like

U gots more room n that cup, put n some more medium, to the top. Don’t put ur fans directly onto the girls, they just need enough to move the ambient air. Aslo u don’t want to dry’em up so just a spritz r two of ph’d water, around the stem, not directly onto the stem. They r nice n green now, that’s how u want to keep’em. I myself, run my new crackers at 18-6, that’s just me, u want to go 24-0, 20-4,19-5, whatever floats ur boat, I wouldn’t say there’s a wrong answer here, let’s hear what everybody has to say. :v::v::alien:

4 Likes

I run 18/6, like to let em sleep a while… of course flower to 12/12… I have ran 24-0 it did notice a difference in growth for sure! But I’m happy with 18/6✌️

2 Likes

These are autos so I’m planning on going 18/6 once the seedlings are ready.

1 Like

That’s where u’ll need additional help, I don’t grow autos so my knowledge on that subject is limited. I’ve been swinging back n forth if I want to crack some autos. Just can’t make up my mind, u know if it ain’t broke, kind of thing. More than happy to help any way I can, just hit me up. Hey if ur ladies strech out to much, r they just need some help staying upright. Cut some length’s of plastic straw to size, slice’em up the side, n gently wrap’em around the stalks. :+1::+1::v::alien:

1 Like

@AlienBrew thanks for the offer to help. I do appreciate that about this site. I tried to read alot so I didn’t have to be that guy. Couldn’t make it out of seedling before I had to ask lol.

3 Likes

Omg…
I’m “that guy”

4 Likes

So @dbrn32 @Hellraiser I got some info from hlg about distances for my 600r. They fwd a chart to use to convert from lux to ppfd. I have downloaded the app for lux meter. I also have a watt meter coming Monday. I want to move these seedlings under the light as I feel the cfl are making them get leggy. What ppfd range and or watts would I be looking for?

2 Likes