Here goes grow #2!

Hey everyone, I’m starting my 2nd grow and here is some info.

2 White widow (Ilgm)
FF OF (Nov 2-3)
Grow bags
18/6 light schedule
2 CR 600 Fecida (130w a piece) not ideal but :man_shrugging:t2:
75-78 temp/60% RH

5 Likes

@Docnraq @MidwestGuy @Graysin @CLICKYBONES @kellydans
I just tagged you guys because you have given me great advice before.:blush:
I took my humidity dome off one because it popped through dirt. Should I keep it on ??

2 Likes

I leave mine on for a week to 10-days after sprout. Avoid watering the seedling (for root health) and let the plant get its water from the humidity in the dome.

5 Likes

I see you decided not to use a solo cup to rear the seedlings…best to water at a standoff perimeter in light droplets . I also Agree with @MidwestGuy on 10 day dome establishment…you could incrementally block the dome upward over the next few days to see how they respond to the tent air…Curious where your getting those temp/humidity readings from… Under the dome, or ambient tent?

2 Likes

Always leave the dome on unless your area is prone to mold or the leaves start touching the inside of the dome. I’d follow @CLICKYBONES ’s lead and perhaps put a small prop under the edge of the dome to raise it up enough to get a little airflow and keep that RH from being 80-100% inside the dome.

4 Likes

So that was ambient temp and humidity. But I now am reading inside the domes and they are reading in 60-68% RH at 82.5 temp. I did prop one side of them both up like you suggested

1 Like

Do everything in miniaturized steps… Watering, lifting the dome… Every big thing you do will shock and stall them… So ity bity babysitting…
Also… NO NUTRIENTS at this stage… FF should get you nearly to flower stage…

3 Likes

Congratulations on the new baby’s :muscle::100::heart_eyes: they grow up so fast :cry::sob:

3 Likes

Yeah , I ditch the dome’s after about 10 days also. At that point I will start with a small amount of water in about a 6" circular pattern from stem. Thanks for the tag good luck
:v::+1:

2 Likes

@anon1893985 yea they do lol. This is my second grow and I’m just as excited as the first. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

2 Likes

Agree with others unless you have a humidifier and enviroment automation of some kind. Dome and mister use less water but require more time and attn on the part of the grower.

1 Like

Update: She is 1 week old today. Only one seed sprouted so I’m germinating my last seed which will be about a week and a half behind this one. She seems to be doing great though. When should I start watering ?

1 Like

Start slow 1/2 cup and keep the water 2 or 3 inches away from your lady. Should last 3 or 4 days

1 Like

Thanks. I’m having a little problem. I’m stuck with only 1 plant again this grow around because I had 3 WW auto seeds left and 1 is growing but the other 2 wouldn’t even germinate. And not my one seedling is trying to wilt. Idk what to do. I can’t lose my only plant lol. I have no money to buy more seeds right now. How can I fix it ??

3 Likes

I turned my light to half of what I was giving it, and I also am upping my humidity. I’m new so any ideas are welcome please. @CLICKYBONES @MidwestGuy @anon1893985 @Docnraq @Graysin @kellydans @

2 Likes

Good job… She has the 3rd sets coming on!.. Water lightly outside the perimeter of the reaching fans… This makes the roots work and reach for the water… Do not water soil directly underneath the leaves! This will make the roots lazy, and the potential for water logging at this age is high. No direct blowing air… Fan should be moving tent air close by… They like warmth at this age… soil should not get cold, so if lights out is dropping temp, then adjust… I use a seed mat heater and thermostat sometimes if I’m having chills… Humidity Can be 70% without worries…stay in the 60% since she’s drinking through her leaves while establishing a root base drinking system…when she takes off is indication roots are transporting the bulk of water.
No nutrients for awhile… 5wks at least.

Ph your water at 6.0/6.2 for several weeks

3 Likes

Get The photone app on your cell, and reduce light intensity to 400ppfd or there abouts… Adjust lamp height so your no hotter than 78/80 lights on… Let temp drop no more than 10degrees at lights out.

1 Like

Thanks for the tag , @CLICKYBONES has you covered. After the seedling develops some root system you will start seeing foliage.
Good luck :v:

2 Likes

Thank you all! This is the best community ever😝

2 Likes

Exactly. You’re well covered here but keep us posted.

5 Likes