Helpppppppp I got thripssss

My girls have thrips I have already applied trifecta 4 times peroxide solution just ordered dr zymes anyone know how good dr zymes is

1 Like

My go to for pest problems is Captain Jack’s Dead Bug. Thrips are on the list of pests it’s meant to kill. It’s safe to use even if you’re plants are flowering though most would recommend a bud wash after harvesting.

2 Likes

Me to me too. It’s pretty effective and safe. Even better is cheap! And available at most Walmarts.

@Archy417

Here’s my input, just my opinions and experiences.

I believe diatomaceous earth is effective when they’re pupating (on the ground)

I’d recommend putting up those hanging sticky fly traps and spray everything with captain jacks dead bugs - per bottle instructions. “Spray everything”? - yes everything, including surrounding environment. If tent growing, spray it inside, outside, on, in, around, and near. If the DE is something you’re comfortable with treat the topsoil.

Their cycle is relatively short if I’m not mistaken like 4 days or something like that. Best to plan 2 treatments so you can catch all generations. Good luck

4 Likes

Good stuff from @Freebirdmikes @Outlaw . Post some pics, I fought a thrips battle and was not prepared. I tossed the towel in around day 4-5 due to having several grows going and not wanting the other grow areas infested :love_you_gesture:

1 Like

Welcome to the neighborhood. Looks like you have gotten some great advice @Freebirdmikes @OGIncognito @Outlaw have you covered. Happy Growing :blush::v:

2 Likes

shy030IeNMQmc

1 Like

Welcome to the community. The others have you covered.

1 Like

I was just wondering if you have any pictures of the plants and the thrips. If so others could learn from them.

1 Like

You don’t hear about thrips a lot but imo they’re are the absolute worst pest to have. I had them once and the plants never advanced in the grow they were just sucking the plants dry or whatever they do. Neem oil was the only remedy

2 Likes

1 Like

Need pics in clear light Growmie :love_you_gesture:

5 Likes