Help with Zinc deficiency!

Seems like I’m having a zinc deficiency and I need to clear it up as I am getting ready to flower. I’m week 6 of veg and using veg+bloom nutrients full strength ph’d at 5.9 in rockwool. I read somewhere on this forum that lowering my feed strength and lowering the ph would help. Any thoughts on this? Any help would be appreciated thanks!

Personally I like to split the feedings up where I feed nutrients about every three days. I don’t do full strength. What this means I am splitting a full week of nutrients between 2 feedings…sometimes 3 if the plants are telling me feed me more.

1 Like

You have a Nitrogen deficiency. Zinc is actually pretty rare. N is common.

COPY/PASTE the below list into your forum post.

Answer these simple questions the best you can.
If you do not know, or do not use something; Just say so; Or post
NA (non applicable)

• What strain, Seed bank, or bag seed
  • Method: Soil w/salt, Organic soil, Hydroponics, Aquaponics, KNF
  • Vessels: Pots, Grow beds, Buckets, Troths
  • PH of Water, Solution, runoff (if Applicable)
  • PPM/TDS or EC of nutrient solution if applicable
  • Indoor or Outdoor
  • Light system
  • Temps; Day, Night
  • Humidity; Day, Night
  • Ventilation system; Yes, No, Size
  • AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier,
  • Co2; Yes, No

Always try to upload a clear picture of any issues you may have to allow the community to assist you.

Add anything else you feel would help us give you a most informed answer should be included. Feel free to elaborate, but short and to the point questions and facts will help us help you in a more efficient manner :slight_smile:

Thanks!

3 Likes

@DAVIDN626

Hope this helps you out my friend…

Solution to fixing a Zinc deficiency
Any Chemical/Organic nutrients that have potassium in them will fix a Zinc deficiency.
(Only mixing at ½ strength when using chemical nutrients or it will cause nutrient burn!)
And any of the following nutrients will fix a zinc deficiency: Zinc sulfate, zinc chelated,
or zinc oxides are adequate fertilizer sources for zinc. Or you can bury galvanized nails in
the soil. (Make sure you take off the sharp point at the end to prevent roots from being damaged)
Garden Manure, which is slow acting. Greensands, Cottonseed Meal are both medium/slow absorption
as well.

Now if you added to much chemical nutrients and or organics,( which is hard to burn your plants
when using organics) You need to Flush the soil with plain water. You need to use 2 times as
much water as the size of the pot, for example: If you have a 5 gallon pot and need to flush it,
you need to use 10 gallons of water to rinse out the soil good enough to get rid of excessive
nutrients.

1 Like