Help with white widow auto

One of my white widow auto is very dark. Could this be bud rot? Mostly outdoors in 7 gallon cloth pots. This is about 8 weeks in.

4 Likes

Welcome to the forum.

It just looks like normal coloration. Have the temps been getting cooler? This will bring colors out in cannabis plants.

4 Likes

Ditto. Looks like some good late stage colors. No noticeable BR. Lovely bud!

Welcome to the forum btw.

2 Likes

It has started to get cooler. My other WW Auto is the same age and has been in the same condition but it looks a lot different. See attached

3 Likes

My profile pic is of a WW that grew outside last year. It got cold and turned purple. It’s normal.

4 Likes

Thanks!!

3 Likes

Appreciate it. Starting to feel better about it!

3 Likes

Children of the same parents never look exactly alike either. It’s normal and nothing to worry about.

3 Likes

The others have you covered, gorgeous plants and welcome to the community!

3 Likes

Yes I’ve been growing white Widow myself this year. A couple of mine also have changed colors just as yours… It must be the norm… look good .

I wished mine had done that, purple budz purple budz

1 Like

I’ve read that bud rot could start showing itself as dark or even purplish color on the flowers. Is there anything particular I should monitor with these girls?

1 Like

You will see one sugar leaf turn black and when you tug on it out it comes. Under that will be a pocket of goo. That’s bud rot.

Things you can do: protect from rainfall if possible. Remove leaves to increase airflow to the inside of the plant (never leave dead leaves on the ground). If you can run a fan outside to them that would be good too. If in containers you can bring inside at night etc.

2 Likes

Thanks for the info! Will do.

2 Likes

Beautiful girls!