Help with understanding nutrients!

Quick question. Nutrients say week 1. Week 2. Etc and to alternate water between feeding. My question is

1. My plants take water every 2 days now. Starting flowering 3 days ago . Clones so in a 7 day period i will have to water 3 times and the next week 4 just about.
    Do i water nutrients. Than str water until 7 days have past than feed next week nutes ?

If so. Doesnt giving plain water flush out the nutes and salts etc. From the soil ? So wouldnt they only have 2 days to feed off nutes …and in mid flower i assume ill water daily.

Soil. Ff ocen mix with 30 percent perlite in fabric bag. Takes basically a gallon of water to give 20 percent run off.

2 Likes

Sorta that’s the advantage of hydroponic nutes is that their instantly available so they’re feeding the instant but running water through wont totally flush the medium ( thats why a total flush take like 10-15 gallons for a 5 gallon pot)so you’ll have plenty of nutes even during your plain water days . Heck look at my fist sized bud six shooter auto, it drank nothing but plain water for its last 2 weeks and still has quite a few healthy leaves ( we trim a lot of them off during the days of dark to make triming a lil easier but still hang the entire plant up)

7 Likes

Nice grow, bud. I to have had questions on this during my first grow. I have read so many articles, forums, books, websites and omg everyone will tell you something different. And rightfully so since there are so many competing factors. I finally figured out something, just listen to your girls and they will tell you what they need. I tend to my ladies twice a day to check their status. With that kind of attention you can start to see minute changes that will direct you this way or that. Check soil moisture level, do wet, dry cycles, different nutes at different stages, check ppm of run off. It unfortunately is not cut and paste like the label on the fertilizer says. Do what works and learn from what doesn’t. If you make a mistake or see a deficiency than nip-it-in-the-bud!

1 Like

I go by the feeding schedule for how much of something to give. For instance my lotus Nutrients say week 1 of flower to give X and X of the other. I will give that to them everytime I water which is usually every 2 days or so. I’ll check runoff and if really high I’ll back off next time but if PPMs are within range I’ll continue to feed every watering unless the PPMs are super high.

I’m no pro and this is in soil setup but so far it’s worked for me.

1 Like

I had a lot of similar questions when i first started and was using FF Dirty Dozen nutes. It often made it seem some nutes would only be available for a short time ect… however, now that ive switched to Jacks, i don’t have to worry about that because you don’t need water/ feed cycles. You give a full dose of the feed, every time. Makes it much more simple. :blush:

1 Like

So i am wondering and read a little about it but is it okay to use hydro buts in soil? Is it more readly available for the plants? Do i start with half dose… i need help kinfolk. Look forward to chatting

1 Like

Welcome to the boards. @Ciscofran

Welcome to the family @Ciscofran . Im unfamiliar with hydro buts however im sure someone with experience will come in.

I assume he meant “nutes” blame that retarded sh!t called predictable text!

212011_Chrome|405x500](upload://7F8P9cIrjqSoeoqRLFUCzteyFgu.jpeg)

Haha yeah i am Sure he did. Thanks for the welcome kinfolk. I have three more weeks before i turn them so im hoping i didnt waste my money on these nuts.