Help with these very small bugs (but lots of them)

If it wasn’t for the aphids it looks like that plant had a ways to go still

Thanks plumbdand. Yeah, I’m not positive it was time, but the aphids were voracious and really out of control. First grow, so I’m really not positive how the plant should have looked at harvest.

I recomend in your future grows you eliminate this variable. If you don’t have time to do it right, wait until you do. Or cancel the other thing and pay attention to the investment in your wellness that you have made.

Since you had bugs you really wanted to include the 2nd stage of a bud wash, the hydrogen peroxide. Bugs bring more then just their stomachs to the game…:poop:, :face_vomiting:. Personally I have so far and will always in the future do a 3 stage budwash @ harvest. I imagine the same things that make me feel dirty at the end of each day have also made my plants the same way, except they don’t get to take a shower until they are dead. Don’t get discouraged and keep at it. You can only get better, your buds denser and your plants taller.

1 Like

Thanks Docnraq

1 Like

@HappyFarmer
Man at least you got something …
If it was me …and that was my property …I would try doing anything I can to attract beneficial insects to your property …

You will still see the pests but I can promise you it will for the most part be very brief …

Some toleration is expected I have found.
But I truly believe the lacewings and minute pirates saved my grow and are still doing so …

No hassles from ordering them from the internet or even thinking of pesticides

I also live right up against a county park that is more of a nature preserve than any swing sets or anything …

So there are No shortage of pests around here

I can’t stress enough to outdoor growers how much easier it can be if you can attract and sustain natural predators !

I just remeber you saying you are determined to grow outdoors and I promise you this is key …

I am a damn noob so I know my advice may be taken lightly …but I learned one thing …that having the predators around …all you have to worry about is watering and weather and manicuring !!

Good luck you will nail it eventually

I use ladybugs but I’ve also found minute pirate bugs in my greenhouse I keep some dead bug and neem and some BT for caterpillars just in case Haven’t had to use any of it yet.

1 Like

If you are growing outdoors unless they are auto’s they wouldn’t have been ready until October

Yep, am growing autoflower seeds. I wanted a small container grow - nothing too big or consipicuous.

Thanks Lacy for the great info. Do the pirate bugs bite. My web browsing says they do…
Just planning ahead…

@HappyFarmer they can bite …there’s actually a time of year towards autumn when their food supply becomes smaller less flowering plants and growth and I read they take to the trees and sometimes they can land on you and they bite out of curiosity and it can be annoying …

However I’m not familiar with how they sell them and how you release them …but I’m sure it’s nothing to worry about …I’ve had them crawling on me and never been bitten …the lacewing too had them on me but never bitten
It’s just more of something to be aware of I think

@plumbdand
Same here I bought it (the dead bug) brew …when I saw the pests …but at the same time started trying to identify them ultimately lead me to the best ways to combat them …and that cause me to learn of their predators and just happen to notice they were there too …
Never had to spray anything on these two female plants yet …except water lol

The only thing I’ve sprayed is garlic to chase away grasshoppers. It only works for a few days then they’re back I won’t use it in the last few weeks of flowering usually don’t need to at that point anyway

1 Like