Help with spindly looking GSC in week 13 of first grow

I live in Kentucky and this is my first grow and I originally had it inside, but noticed fungus flies and relocated it outside. I’m trying to get it to bush up before flowering can anyone offer some tips?

Those flies you saw indicate overwatering which will stunt the plant by ‘damping off’ the roots. Being in a plastic pot won’t help either as they can’t breathe. It may be too late for this one to give you meaningful harvest but use as a learning experience. You should get something out of it.

COPY/PASTE the below list into your forum post.

Answer these simple questions the best you can.
If you do not know, or do not use something; Just say so; Or post
NA (non applicable)

• What strain, Seed bank, or bag seed
  • Method: Soil w/salt, Organic soil, Hydroponics, Aquaponics, KNF
  • Vessels: Pots, Grow beds, Buckets, Troths
  • PH of Water, Solution, runoff (if Applicable)
  • PPM/TDS or EC of nutrient solution if applicable
  • Indoor or Outdoor
  • Light system
  • Temps; Day, Night
  • Humidity; Day, Night
  • Ventilation system; Yes, No, Size
  • AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier,
  • Co2; Yes, No

Always try to upload a clear picture of any issues you may have to allow the community to assist you.

Add anything else you feel would help us give you a most informed answer should be included. Feel free to elaborate, but short and to the point questions and facts will help us help you in a more efficient manner :slight_smile:

Thanks!

1 Like

I also don’t see any airation material like perlite or vermiculite those help A LOT

1 Like

So the plant was given to me as a seedling about 7/8 weeks ago. I dont know much except the strain is Girl Scout Cookie and the seeds where purchase but idk from where. I saw the flies and immediately got the soil dry and corrected the problem within days and haven’t had flies since. I make sure to check the soil before watering to be sure im not overwatering it. Im not sure if its getting enough light and I am thinking of relocating it to another property that gets more light but it also gets more wind and considering putting it in a small greenhouse to sheild it from wind chill because the temperatures here are now getting into the high 40’s. I have it in this plastic pot with lots of holes for drainage and the leaves look pretty but just not seeing it get wide or bushy which i would really like.

1 Like

The temperatures during the day are mid to high 70’s day and low 50’s to high 40’ at night the humidity is about 60% most days.

Looks almost like it’s entering flower now

1 Like

@Julliet79 Welcome to the community. A lot of experienced growers on here to help you out.

1 Like

Really? I cant imagine id get much out of it this size if so… any recommendations

I’m inexperienced (my first grow just started), but if it were me and I stumbled onto that plant I’d probably risk a transplant into a fabric pot with a known soil, then I would get a light and keep it inside to give it ideal conditions. I’m not sure if those options are available.

Hi @seandog I saw your sad girl post and thought maybe you could talk about it? They look kind of similar to my untrained eye.

She is either in veg and you can still do a few things and extend her stay there to help make her more bushy or she’s in flower, I think finding that out is a crucial step for what to do next.

If it’s still possible, which I’m not sure, you can try to train it to get it more bushy / have more bud sites (I don’t think you can do this after flowering has started, but I’m sure you can while it’s vegging).

I am too much of a beginner to tell you. Mine started out bushy. Then because of not having enough lighting, they stretched a lot. They got at least 3 1/2 to 4 ft tall. What I do know is make sure you have proper lighting.

1 Like