Help with soil please

I am a first time grower. I have been looking at organic potting soil. Is this a good soil to start with?

1 Like

Since you are new you can only post 1-2 times first day. Someone is gonna come and delete your thread because of the email address

1 Like

As a first time grower I would most strongly recommend you start with a soil optimized for cannabis before attempting an organic soil grow. There are recipes on the forum (look up ‘Kind’ soil) but issues like optimum PH and micronutrients designed to support cannabis and not tomatos lol is a much better course until you gain experience. Fox Farms, Roots Organics and Black Magic (Scott’s product at Home Depot) are all good for your use.

3 Likes

Welcome! Building soil is not hard but it’s one more thing you’ll have to monitor so going with a premade your first time would allow you to pay greater attention to the plant. It would be less stressful and more enjoyable for you.

1 Like

First welcome to the community I totally agree with all the other members. Don’t make it no harder on yourself the first time then you have to. Good luck with your grow.

1 Like

I have been growing a few years now and still use fox farms soil after trying others . Couldn’t agree more with @Myfriendis410 advice

1 Like

Just here to say Hi… so Hi

1 Like