Help with PPM's & PH run off figures please

Hello guys and gals. I’ve popped this in another post but I need help like sorta now… so forgive me for duplicating. I’ve got some deficiencies going on and I’m trying to pin them down. Can anyone help please.
Just some background info… this happend on my last crop too and I ended up losing the lot. :roll_eyes::scream:
Im using Ionics nutes in soil 70ml per 10L
Regen-a-root - 1ml per L
Superthrive - 1ml per L
Call Mag 1 tsp. 20L
I’m using around 20L per feed.
Here are my ppms and run offs.
now before you all jump on me I’m not really sure I’m doing this right :wink:
105 x 10
193 x 10
136 x 10
193 x 10
PH in 6.5
PH out 6.3 & 6.4
My temps are 26° and I’m struggling to keep above 35 RH. Though I have just purchased a humidifier… literally just installed so I’ll see how that goes.
Any help… comments… all appreciated!
Stels x

1 Like

What’s the x10 stells? It’s confusing me

2 Likes

It’s on the meter itself. Comes up x 10 x

1 Like

O.k. can you put up pictures in natural light or regular light just anything that’s not blurple so we can see what the plant is doing for a better diagnoses please

3 Likes

How often are you feeding? Do you have ppm numbers going in? Your run off numbers are high.

It sounds like you are over feeding. How many plants are you feeding with the 20 L’s? I use 12 L for 3 plants in 20 L pots.

Are you watering between feedings?

Can you post a picture of the plants in natural light?

2 Likes

Here’s a couple things that might help you out

4 Likes

Thanks @PharmerBob @ThcinKC @Bubblehead
Totally didnt think to do ppms before watering doh! I will though before I next do it. I honestly cant see it being an overwatering problem as i always make sure my pots are light in weight before I touch them. I have 6 girls in 15L fabrics.
I measure 20L everytime but dont use it all its just easier to measure in nutes that way. I’ll use a full 5 pint jug on each girl.
I’ve taken pics of one of my girls in natural light. Still a bit dark here and its lunchtime! :joy:. I also took delivery of humidifier yesterday and its raised my RH to 55 to winning on that scale!

3 Likes

They are beautiful @stells!!! Keep up the good work, wouldn’t worry too much about those fans just yet if it’s just lower ones

2 Likes

Ah thank you! But I’m not so sure. If you look at the 5th pic… you can see the vein colours are starting to change. They are like this through out the plant. And another thing I’ve noticed is the narrow leaves. These are 5 weeks in veg now and they’re so skinny! :woman_shrugging::woman_shrugging: x

1 Like

I thought your narrow leaves were strain related Sativa vs Indica type thing.

I’ll take a closer look once I put this kid on the bus

1 Like

@stells they all appear to be a nutrient burn. Pretty sure you already remedied this issue so it will just take time to completely run it’s course in the plants.

1 Like

Keep an eye out for it working it’s way up to newer growth, that will show if it’s still an issue or if the levels are ok.

2 Likes

I haven’t managed to get this right yet. Hence why I posted run offs etc. I’m still not sure wht in doing wrong :see_no_evil::scream::woman_shrugging::hugs:

If you specified medium, I missed it, but my eye says that Pro Mix or Coco with expanded clay. Is that correct?

1 Like

Nice green color just back off 25% of the nutrients and then the nute burn should go away and good job and asking questions is the best thing to do so many let pride get in the way and then get crispy orange plants and then post on here and asking for help way to late. Your on the way to a good harvest keep up the good work

1 Like

Yip… pro mix it is

2 Likes

When you say 25% do you mean reduce all by 25%?? Sorry! I just want to be sure x

Yes i just take 25% off that recommend number on the feed chart

2 Likes

Do a test on smaller scale, go for ppms around 600-800 and see what 50% gives you and 75% gives you.

2 Likes

This is the time to be using that TDS meter for your input.

I love Promix. Here’s where I’d like to see you:

Your input nutrient solution should be at 700 to 800 ppm (500 scale) at this point in your plants’ life cycle. PH could be a touch lower (I like 6.0 in Promix). And you should be on a regimen of feed/water days. You can water every day in soilless FYI.

I typically feed on 3 days then water to runoff with cal mag then (f/f/f/w). When the plant slows down it’s demand for nutrients you can change your feeding regimen to more frequent watering (f/w/f/w).

5 Likes