Help with Powdery Mildew?

New Grower here, can anyone help me identify if this is a early sign of powdery mildew?

temps are around 79-81
humidity around 39-41

plants are clones 5 days old

Noticed this in the soil too, is it normal? or could this be the origin of the mildew?

Does look like a little bit of mildew on the plants not a huge deal as long as you take care of it lots of different treatments that work to control it from what I understand once it’s in the grow room you def wanna scrub everything down try and stop the flow of spores, I believe a lot of people use a hydrogen peroxide foliar spray… I can’t remember the ratios to mix with water doesn’t take much… only do foliar sprays at lights off you don’t want the water droplets burning your leafs… and as for the soil ide say it’s unlikely it is PM more likely mycorrhizae mycelium which is very beneficial for your root system! What type of soil do you use? A lot of soils come with mycorrhizae already amended in it. A tablespoon or 2 of peroxide in a 1 quart sprayer would do the trick!

2 Likes

Almost certainly wpm.

You’ll get a lot of advice
I’ve battled wpm for over a year and spent a lot of money on things that didn’t work. I lost a lot of bud as a result.
This here. JMS organic stylet oil. It works.

It won’t permanently eradicate wpm, but a few treatments will pretty much prevent the fruiting bodies (white fuzz) from appearing.

It’s tasteless, odorless, and theoretically useable right up to harvest.

6 Likes

Thanks for the response, I’m using Happy Frog potting soil from FoxFarm. I’ll clean up everything inside the tent as best I can.

1 Like

Thank you for the recommendation, I’ll try to see if I can get JMS stylet oil.