Help with pH level

I have one plant that is low on pH about 4. Can I just sprinkle some baking soda on top of soil to raise the pH?

@Rdg1951 how are you measuring the pH to know it is at that level?

No you can’t do that…!

can you fill out a support ticket located on the main page and maybe you can get the information and the right answers

• best wishes
2 Likes

I have a tester. Only this one plant is like that and it came from a friend that had it growing in his garden.

Bud I tried to figure out how to do that. I guess I’m just too old school to get it…lol

You have to mix it with water you want a pH it so you know what you adjusting it up to, they have a support ticket that asks basic information (located on the homepage) which helps others understand and maybe give you better advice good luck

Yes I have checked it and it was about 4 so I’m not sure how much to use
and I just watered so I guess I should wait.

Here @Rdg1951 @Paranorman is right, we need more information and you really need to fill this out so that you can be helped!

If you don’t know how to copy and paste youre gonna need to do a little more typing. Please fill this out and then we can help you.

COPY/PASTE: This “Support Ticket” into your forum post.
Answer these simple questions the best you can.
If you do not know, or do not use something; Just say so = NA

Strain; Type, Bag seed, or NA

Soil in pots, Hydroponic, or Coco?

System type?

PH of runoff or solution in reservoir?

What is strength of nutrient mix? EC, or TDS

Indoor or Outdoor

Light system, size?

Temps; Day, Night

Humidity; Day, Night

Ventilation system; Yes, No, Size

AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier,

Co2; Yes, No

Add anything else you feel would help us give you a most informed answer. Feel free to elaborate, but short, to the point questions and facts will help us help you

Is it a ph pen or one of those probe things?

Best to fill out a support ticket as suggested. Heaps of awesome people here will get you on the right track!

1 Like

I agree with all the above and if you have a PH pen, it has to be properly calibrate with a known PH solution, that verify and confirm, if your soil is at 4 and you don’t have a PH up premix solution, you can safely use tap water that you gone a let sit at room temperature a minimum of 5 hours to let the chlorine evaporate and give it to your plants. Tap water normally as a PH around 7 and 8. If your plant don’t suffer from overwatering, do a flush and every thing is gone a be fine. Hope that you’ll find this helpful :innocent: :v:

1 Like

Hey bud as soon as I can get my two brain cells working I’ll figure out how
to paste and all that. The tester I have is a probe. It test pH and
mosture. RDG1951

Thanks Niala. I’ll get it figured out.

How old is your probe ? A probe lose it’s accuracy after a year, sooner if it’s not rince after each use. And has an accuracy of +/- 1 in a good condition. And a probe is not good for soiless medium, it gone a give you false reading…

1 Like

go to google.com and type in

how to copy paste from a BLANK computer

blank equals windows or mac

If your using a phone it is a little different animal.

Ok then, I sincerely wish you good luck :innocent: :v:

@Rdg1951 I saw another person wrote the support ticket out on a notepad and then took a pic and posted it that way…

Another option

I just bought the tester yesterday. I am checking it in soil. I thought I
would wait a few days and just water with no nutrients.

Yes Bob I’m doing everything on my phone.

Probes are extremely inaccurate compared to a ph pen which tests the water directly. Ive had completely different results testing the soil of a plant with the probe, then testing the runoff with the pen. Just my opinion, but probes aren’t reliable.

1 Like

I wrote one out on paper and posted it and tried tagging a few people but haven’t got much back…it was posted under a potassium deficiency anybody? I think that’s how I posted it … Kinda baked