Help with nutrients

I am switching to advanced nutrients organic line currently being relabeled as True Organics. it’s base veg and flower products are Iguana Juice Veg and Bloom with a bunch of additional supplements like Mother Earth Tea for Fulvic & Humic acids, flower enhancers and carbohydrates.
There are lot of organic options available. I went with AN because is straight forward measure and mix. And the company has a great reputation for quality cannabis nutrients.

Is this a soil or nutes

I did not mean to quote black gold soil. I copied it to search for it on line.

@GreenSnek
@Browns216

How soon do you add the nutes in the coco coir . From what i understand coco coir has no nutes in it at all , so can you add them as seedings ?

You can start as early as week 2 but quite frankly I don’t see any danger in putting a ppm of 400 in week 1( god know fox farm has a ppm of 2000 but that’s supposed to last weeks)

@GreenSnek ppm?whats that

Ohh I figured you knew how to regulate your water feeding using a tds meter basically depending on the stage of life your plant will use a different amount of parts per million units of nutrients and you can see how much your girl is using by checking the run off ppm vs the ppm of the water added if it’s 0 difference then that means theres no/ little nutrients that the water Is picking up this is a pic of roughly how much ppm at what stage and a good tds meter(ec is the universal measurement)

1 Like

@GreenSnek
@Browns216
Ok so whats the numbers on the far right of the cart mean ? And how exactly do you regulate the amout of ppm your putting into your soil ? Do you check soil with meter b4 adding nutes ?sorry about all the questions . Extremley new and wanna do amazing.

Those right number are ec (they are how you manually convert to ppm depending what country/ scale you use 90% will use the hanna 500 base scale) and yes you measure before and after nutrients,but not from the soil but from the water (most water that isn’t distilled/reverse osmosis have natural 50-200 ppm that you usually have to factor in)

So do you stick the tds meter straight into water to check it then after adding nutrients check the run off water ? Thx again

You add the nutrients to the water , that’s why they re hydroponic nutrients, they’re water soluable that’ll up the ppm then the difference in the run off is how much is being consumed

1 Like

Thx dude now i understand im thinking . In any case if i follow the directions of the nutrients should the ppm not excede what its susposed to ? And if so how do i correct that without starting over

The instructions are just recommendations for general plants ,auto flowers tend to prefer less nutrients too so follow that ppm chart more then the instructions, and as a fix just do a mini flush basically keep running off until your soil ppm lowers to an acceptable degree , probably won’t happen unless you really give them WAY to much nutes in their feeds

How do you check the ppm in the soil before adding nutes ?

Well you can water until runoff with normal water and the difference between the ppm of the water and the runoff is how much is in the soil

Question. Im using crappy MG soil for my autos . Right now they are in flower , about 1 month in . Is their anything i can give them for blooming , that wont be to much nutes because of soil ? Ty

Mg is mostly nitrogen since it’s geared towards vegetables you could probably use a half dose of dyna gro 's bloom and be safe, or make a compost tea of molasses and rock phosphate( or anything high in phosphorus like seabird guano)

Can i use the dyna grow line with MG soil thx.

Afraid I don’t know. I’m sure you can. I also don’t think it would matter much what nutrient line you were using. If you feed them and get a time release spike at the same time it’ll probably be trouble regardless of nutrient line. I’m just guessing now though.

You could, but doesn’t the MG soil have fertilizer in already?