Help with leaf problem?

I am trying to figure out what is wrong with my one of my Gold Leaf plants. My PH is around 7 and I use Bloom as it is in flower and has been for about 3 weeks. I cant tell if its a phosphorus deficiency or maybe nutrient burn? Please help!

Why is your pH so high ?

That might be your problem ?
-good luck

Its Neutrent Buren ) and your P H is out of range
I suguest you do a flush. That would be 3 gal of water foR every gal of dirt.
Whern done check your P H at the end of your flush. Check the run off.
If your P H is lower let the plants dry out for a couple of days ten you can resume feeding I sugestat 1/4 and work your way back up.

Hope this helps

Will

1 Like

My PH tested at 7.

Also I tested the Phosphate and it hardly registered.

I’m not being smart ass in any!way.
But, did you not read my post ? I told you what it !was and how to fix it.
Is there something I’m missing here ! ?

Will

1 Like

He is right 95% of time from my experience of reading along here. I’d listen up

And the other 5% he is spot on

Flush time
Does the soil have slow release fertilizer mixed in it ?
its normally about 2-4 weeks in to flower you find out why its bad

Thanks for the advise. I added the other info because I thought it was relevant! How long does it usually take before I will see improvement?

You are right, I did use miracle grow (newbie) dugh! I had already used it before knowing better! I found a garden center in my area that carries Happy Frog dirt so that is what I will try next. Unless you have a suggestion for something better?

@Blountville and @Iva Thank you for the kind words. I try do do my best to help and
Your two posts make it worth while besides it puts a :grinning: on my face

B Safe
Will

2 Likes

I would give it a good week or so. The leaves that are already burnt cut off they won’t recover and the plant will use its energy else where to recover.

Will

If the soil has slow release mixed in you will have trouble flushing it out.
I am not sure if the soil you have has slow release added in from the store pre bagged or you added it.
Some times its better to re pot but that will be hard to do and easy to damage the plants
if they are in full flower but it can be done you will need to be super careful with the roots.
Those premixed soils with slow release fertilizers are a common problem and
a pitfall for new growers thinking they are buying the best for there new hobby.
It is meant for pot plants that never get fed just watered. So as soon as you add any nutes
at the same time as the slow release is firing and bingo instant burn, lockout or both.
People see the yellowing leave and think it a deficiency then add more nutes making it
worse.
I think all new growers should use coco, I am using coco for the first time and I
cant believe how easy and bullet proof this system is. I am even setting up to
grow some of my veggies using coco this coming spring. I even have potatoes growing
in it. I have never been successful with growing root veggies in hydro some thing has always gone wrong
but coco works better then soil so far.
I know this doesn’t help I am just trying to make a case for trying coco on your next attempt.

1 Like

No its way to late to transplant. He only has four weeks left to go.
And that was we’ll put @Iva I would have said the same thing.

Will

I bought some MG Moisture Control, from a place that stored it outside, in the rain. The stuff was half price, so I got some.
When I tested the run off ppm from a straight watering, it was 5000+
It took gallons of water flushing it to drop it to 300.

I’m guessing, but I think it was stored wet and that caused the time release nutrients to keep releasing, and the bagged soil never got washed out (until it got to me), so the numbers kept climbing?

I have 4 plants that the leaves are dark and curling under like claws. From what I have read this usually means nitrogen toxicity? Would you agree and if so, should I flush them again?

Yes id agree, leaves folding like claws is a nitrogen toxicity, is wouldn’t flush but just give regular water until she straightens up. Nitrogen is a mobile nutrient, meaning its easier to flush out of the soil than phosphorus. (Phosphorus is an immobile nutrient and is hardly able to be flushed or Damn near impossible to fix once in excess). Now that doesn’t mean phosphorus is impossible to flush out of the soil, it’s just harder and takes more water to do so.

It should take about 3-7 days of your in soil

Nutrient mobility refers to the plant being able to move minerals from one area to another by my understanding. And I have always read phosphorus to be mobile. And any mineral can be flushed from soil.

Let me see if I can find it, phosphorus is an immobile nutrient

The immobilization of inorganic phosphate, in contrast, is the reverse reaction of mineralization. During immobilization, microorganisms convert inorganic forms to organic phosphate, which are then incorporated into their living cells. Mineralization and immobilization of phosphorus occur simultaneously in the soil

Hope this clears it up, I have more info let me go get it