Help with ilgm fertilizer

hello everyone! I’m wondering how often I should apply the ilgm stage 3 and flower boost fertilizer? the plant seem to be doing fine I have been using this product since germination but I can’t find anywhere that advises on the frequency of feeding. any suggestions from those more experienced greatly appreciated!

2 Likes

She does look hungry (pale leaves). Feeding nutrients should have started after the seedling period unless your growing in an amended medium then nutes are typically required from week 4-6 or so :love_you_gesture:

Feed when runoff tds is below 1000ppm.
At this stage in the grow that will likely be every other time the pot is dry. So it will be feed, then wait for soil to dry again, then water, then wait for soil to dry again, then feed…wash, rinse, repeat.

3 Likes

thanks a million!!!

1 Like

OG,
I have a few leaves on a GDP and a BK that look like this picture. is this common and to be expected or is this some anomaly that needs to be corrected? TY!

1 Like

what is runoff TDS?

Runoff is liquid that comes out of the bottom of your pot after watering or feeding. TDS is total disolved solids (ppm)

Looks like water/feed splashed on leaf. Is this all over the plant or justa couple leaves?

1 Like

:+1: just a couple of leaves, I’ll be more careful :smile:next time!

2 Likes

Keep watch, if it spreads any, then we will consider other possibilities

1 Like

copy that
thanks much!

2 Likes

Like at @Docnraq stated…possible splash burn :love_you_gesture:

1 Like

Hey now OG!
here are a couple more pics of the GDP and the BK at this moment. a few leaves yellowish and spotted, but does not appear to be spreading.
I am providing the ILGM nutrients, waiting a day, flushing and waiting a day or two and then repeating.
do you think I should remove fan leaves that seem to be blocking sunlight from buds?
I’m thinking harvest within a month at the most, but I’ll have to start taking an enlarged look at the color of the trichomes, yes?
any thoughts are greatly appreciated!!!
“… one man gathers what another man spills” :notes:

1 Like

Overall a beautiful plant Brother, does look a little hungry for some nitrogen. When you said flush are you meaning enough to get some run off out the bottom of the pot? Keep a feed and water routine alternating these, soil likes a wet to dry cycle and depending on the pot size could be every 2 days or longer. With you growing outside that could be 2 days. What PH and PPMs is your nutrient mix on feed days and are you adding epson salts and calcium to your feeding routine :love_you_gesture:

OG,
thank you so much man for the quick response!
pot size is 18 in diameter and 16-in depth, both.
yes when I flush, I do it until I get run off, but I’ve never tested the runoff and really don’t know anything about that. pH generally runs 6.8 to 7.0.
I have not added Epsom salts nor calcium to the feeding routine but if that will be helpful I’ll certainly get on it.
any estimation on how far these have to go prior to harvest?
keep rocking brother you are greatly appreciated!
this last pic is my 3rd and last plant for the cycle it is a pure indica and it’s not as far advanced as the others as it is more recently planted. I’ve just begun to notice these little yellow dots and a tiny hole on some leaves. any ideas on that?

:+1::smile:

1 Like

Epson salt is a great source of magnesium and sulfur. You can get calmag liquid. Testing the run of for PH and PPMS will let you know the root zone PH and how much nutrients it has. A TDS pen is used for the PPMs and will let you know how much to feed. I would recommend a water feed to 20% runs out the bottom and collect a cup and test the PH and PPMS (parts per million) I shoot for a 1000 PPMs and if above that it’s a water day, below that I adjust a nutrient mix to the run off to get a 1000. The sweet spot PH in soil is 6.5 with 6.2-6.8 being the range :love_you_gesture: I would check that plant for insects, could be some splash burn from top feeding as well. Looking at the bud development and pistils, I would say 5-6 weeks or more?? How long has she been in flower?

the two most advanced ladies have been flowering for four and a half weeks.
I’ll definitely get one of those pens and get busy checking the runoff and making appropriate adjustments.

grazie mille!!!

1 Like

I would still estimate 5-6 weeks left. I would also recommend a Blue Lab TDS pen and Apera 20 PH pen. I’ve used mine extensively for 2 years with no issues and very seldom calibration :love_you_gesture:

do you think this unit will do the trick?

VIVOSUN pH and TDS Meter Combo, 0.05ph High Accuracy Pen Type pH Meter ± 2% Readout Accuracy 3-in-1 TDS EC Temperature Meter for Hydroponics, Household Drinking, and Aquarium, UL Certified

1 Like

Not familiar with the Vivosun pens but have a few of their fans that work pretty good :love_you_gesture: