Help with identifying what this is

So the plan has started to flower (or at least i assume so) but there is a few of these teardrop shaped bits and im not sure if this is some part of male or just something that is expected.

There seems to be some light brown hairs coming out of the teardrop thing, so that’s why i was unsure if its a female or male flower

This is my first time so little bit paranoid about ruining the plant

3 Likes

That ‘teardrop’ is a calyx and those ‘hairs’ are pistols…congratulations you have a girl :slight_smile:

Welcome and enjoy :v:

4 Likes

Could we get a little more info perhaps?
Strain…
Age of plant…
Indoor, outdoor…
Soil, coco or hydro?
Maybe a full pic of her?

Strain: Unknown - i had a random seed in a nugg, i chucked it into the herb garden soil thinking if it grows i got a 50/50 to get a girl, later i replanted her into a pot (probably 10+ gallons not really sure but its big)

Age: 11 -13 weeks, it took like near 2 weeks for it to sprout since I just put into the ground and left it

Location: Outdoor gets about 5-6 hours of direct sunlight in the morning, afternoon she is in the shade since it gets really hot plus keeps her out of prying eyes

Medium: I took 50% soil and 50% compost to make a mix + added a bit of perlite and other clay granules to keep the mix a little more airy and better moisture retention

I have also been thinking about if i need to remove some of the smaller growth that’s closer to the stem, but the plant is not so dense so thinking if its ok to leave it be

!

2 Likes

Damn good looking little lady. Congrats. She’s a girl!

1 Like

@PurpNGold74 i thought the same when i opened up the picture!!
@r1z1a i think you have this under control :wink:
Many prefer not to prune, unless cloning, as long as she has enough light getting to her she will be good, its when the fan leaves cover a budsite or 2 that you think about removing anything…hope that helps, you have a good looking girl their :ok_hand:

Yeah hope it goes all well to the end.

With the fan leaves i try to tuck them under so they can still do some work

Would you say its good time to start feeding her and if yes what kind of NPK ratio? I read that it should be like 0-3-3 or 1-3-3. I will be try look at what there is at the local garden store and see if there is anything that fits this profile.

Its still over 12h sun per day so that’s why i was surprised that it started, I assumed it would be more closer to 1st or second week of September, maybe the terrain blocks some of the sun so its closer to 12h. Now got to keep very close eye on her so i don’t over keep her and harvest her at right time (pray for the weather to keep good)

1 Like

Sending some good vibes :slight_smile:

Yes thats they way to do it, just keep tucking them, she will need them near the end as she stores food there for when she is starved…flush.

Ok so as she is going into preflower i would say bloom nutes at 1/4 strength than what it says on the bottle. Ask for NPK you need more of P&K in flower and more N i veg so you would be looking at ratios like you have mentioned above…

@garrigan62 @Countryboyjvd1971 @Donaldj just afew people to see if they can better explain the NPK side of things :wink:

Im a indoor grower so im stumped at the preflowers if im honest.

Yea. I always thought it was the pure ‘hours of daylight’. So not 12 per say. If theyve been on 20/4 and suddenly flip to 14/10 that may shock flowers. But @dbrn32 informd me differently. As the fall season approaches the sun is further and at a different angle. Casting more ‘red light’ then the blues we receive in spring and summer. Kind of like hitting the ‘bloom’ switch on grow lights

Everyone has you covered already. Congratulations!

For the record, I wasn’t discrediting that a big enough shift in light schedule couldn’t or wouldn’t induce flowering. If I remember that conversation correctly, the context was more about putting flowering indoor plants outside when there was more than 12 hours of light. Specifically worry’s that it would cause herms, right?

My point was that there’s variables with both indoor and outdoor growing that each method doesn’t necessarily share.

1 Like

@wild west

I hope this helps
Firtilizer Ratio

Best nutrients for marijuana.

Nitrogen (N), phosphorous (P), and potassium (K) and are the three main nutrients your marijuana need and are expressed as the N-P-K fertilizer ratio on your nutrient package or bottle. An N-P-K formula such as 15-30-15 means that the ingredients are 15% nitrogen (N), 30% phosphorous (P), 15% potassium (K) and 40% inert ingredients.

Marijuana requires a higher nitrogen ratio during the vegging and early flowering stage ( Part 1 or Part A ) as it is the main component for growth. During flowering ( Part 2 or Part B ) we really want a lower nitrogen and higher phosphorous NPK fertilizer ratio.

Not covered by the NPK fertilizer ratio is the micro-nutrients . These are the trace elements provided by most soils, but will need to be added when using a hydroponic grow system . Note that if you have ‘hard water’ or water with calcium above 200 PPM, then adding more calcium can be counterproductive. This is why several companies offer micro-nutrients for hard water.

Buy LED Grow Lights today

These are trusted partners to delivery Best LED Grow Lights worldwide.

Expandable grow tent options, check out The Grow Rack.

KIND LED Grow Lights – 12 Band Spectrum

Dorm Grow LED – High Times Winner

Unfortunately there is no general consensus on the optimum NPK fertilizer ratio as legal restrictions prevent the large-scale testing of various formulations though many companies boast of in-house testing ‘proving’ their products to be superior. Many blends merely mimic what has worked well for tomatoes or other garden vegetables. Also take into account marijuana’s ability to adapt quickly to less than ideal conditions and the picture gets even less clear.

Even given the exact same NPK ratio are all formulations the same? No, because the NPK elements are bound up in molecular compounds with differing degrees of bio-availability . Presentations may be as inorganic salts, oxides, chelated or colloidal minerals. Translation: your cannabis can use some compounds easier than others.

If you check out several popular nutrient manufacturers you will see that each has a different idea of what is best. Let’s look at a few:

General Hydroponics

Flora Grow for vegging: 2-1-6

Flora Bloom for flowering: 0-5-4

Advanced Nutrients

Connoisseur Part A for vegging: 4-0-4

Connoisseur Part B for flowering: 1-5-6

NPK Fertilizer Ratio

Rather than being overwhelmed with so many choices and conflicting data, we recommend you check out a grow journal that you admire or a friend’s grow that impresses you and mimic what they are doing.

Do not buy a menagerie of nutrient products from different companies as they may not work well together. Stick with one company and one strain until you get a feel for it and have your grow dialed in.

Use a basic NPK ratio formula to see what kind of result you can achieve. Only then should you try a specialty product or try switching manufacturers. Remember that there are no magical, miracle products that will make your plants ‘explode’ and ‘drip with resins’. We personally have witnessed more sorry-looking and damaged marijuana from eager growers throwing every formulation into their garden trying for super plants, and have rarely seen slightly under-fertilized plants suffering from a similar fate.

6 Likes

Thanks so much guys, feel way more relaxed and confident that this will all go well ))

1 Like

O i gotcha DB. Just crediting where i got the info

1 Like

Reading those Advanced Nutrient labels kind of makes you wonder haha.

1 Like

Oh, I beg to differ…This whole “water” thing is something else! Best product on the market!

2 Likes

I did several things to my plants the last week to improve resin

1. Was splitting the Stem…waste of time.
  2. Turned lights off for last 48 hr. Saw no change.
    But when I gave then Scott’s Super Bloom
    That’s when I saw a huge difference and I started using it again when I flipp ed to 12/12
    I’ll post some pic in few. I got to go and put the girls to bed
4 Likes

I could get behind that. It’s my personal belief that you can get the most with nutrients and light recipe. So I really don’t want to do anything to upset either. If I seen something that seemed to be proven otherwise I would be more open to these other methods for sure.

I always thought the extended dark period at end was to help trichs mature a little more, but I never really paid that much attention. I figured I was doing as good by maintaining light schedule until I was ready and just waiting a few extra days.

1 Like

My plants get chopped in the dark 6 hours into their 12/12 and stay in the dark until dried and then they get trimmed and continue to stay in the dark while curing in jars… and never see light again until something is being done with them… super sticky resseny smoke…never really tried any of the other things I’ve seen…
Future projects…:grin:

:v::sunglasses:

1 Like