Help with humidity and temps

I have the AC Infinity CLOUDLINE T4, Quiet 4” Inline Duct Fan with Temperature Humidity Controller,.
It’s been working perfectly. However I wanted to lower the humidity levels on it some during flower because I think I had it set higher than it needed to be.
Anyway somehow I erased all the settings on it and now I can’t get it set back up!

This is where I’m sitting now! My girls are going to die on me, right?
I’ve got it set on my phone app.

But on the controller itself it doesn’t seem to be taking the settings I have entered on my phone.
I’ve totally deleted the app, and reinstalled it. I’ve tried unplugging the actually controller.
It just comes back up with the same settings and blinking high temp and high humidity.
And has a lock button on it and won’t let me change anything on the controller itself.
I’ve got a bad feeling my girls are going to be ruined. They are about 7 weeks in flower. That’s a lot of heat and humidity going on in there. And it’s been two days now I’ve been trying to fix it. My lights are only on over night though. So I can’t get in there to check on them till 8 pm.
I’ve been reading the manual but I’m getting no where. The manual is just d/l’d from Amazon. So I’m just going back and forth, back and forth… Anybody have any ideas or used this same ventilation system that might have any ideas…I don’t want my babies ruined after I finally got some to grow.
@Fiz @Graysin I’d tag more but for some reason I can’t seem to get my tags to show up anymore.

1 Like

Ok. First, do you have a humidfier in the tent? If so, disconnect it.

I literally just got this set up but I haven’t tried it out yet.

Looking at your humidity screen, you’ve got two RHs set to trigger the devices on.

The top line reads “Turn on at or above 50%, Turn OFF below 50%”.
So if your humidity is above 50%, it will turn on, when what you want if for it to turn off over 50%, and turn on under 50%.
I suspect that is overriding the line that says ON below 40%, and OFF above 40%.

That is a rather confusing way they have it laid out on there, but that’s the problem.

3 Likes

And here’s a youtube video about setting up the system and programming. Haven’t watched it myself (yet) but hopefully there’s info on there you might need. Good luck and let me know what happens!

3 Likes

You have to be sure you go into “automations” and set a humidity threshold instead of a temp threshold if you want it controlling the RH. Have it set to turn the fan on above a certain number and off below if the air outside your tent is a lower humidity than inside. Do the reverse if your humidity is lower inside the tent.

I actually just leave my fan on 24/7 but here’s a screenshot of how I would automate it for my own flowering preferences.

I will never exceed 50% RH in my grow without actively trying, so I have the temperatures set and the RH set to turn on in the highly unlikely event it exceeds 50 but it’s a safeguard. I also don’t set the lower RH threshold, because less than 50 is good in my mind for flowers.

3 Likes

I just bookmarked this comment - you know I won’t remember this when I finally set up the tent for the new grow. :wink:

I leave my fans on all the time too - one of the things Hellraiser told me to do. He said it was helpful to prevent mold.

At the risk of jinxing myself, I got 99 problems but mold ain’t one.

4 Likes

Same here. Only time I’ve ever had it, I skipped the bud wash (mistake one) and dried without a fan blowing the air around my plant (mistake two). There was a decent patch of fuzz inside No Dots v3’s main cola as a result. :man_facepalming:

1 Like

I don’t know how I’ve had it set up gone all this time and now I can’t figure it out for the life of me. So for now I’m trying to keep an eye on it but mostly I’m just letting it run 24/7 like you said.
But I think I’m too late. I’ve found a bigger problem.
Since the humidity suddenly started running high, I turned off the humidifier but left the fan running on it, there was no water in the tanks anyway. But the little lady on the left has started stinking, not in a good way. So a brought both plants out tonight, I have been sick and some of my meds have changed my taste and smell of things so I wanted to get them out in the open air to see if it was just in the tent. Nope, she stinks bad. Looks good, stinks bad!
I dragged the humidifier out since I definitely don’t need humidity in there now anyway and lo and behold …

Yeah… This is bad!
Like I said the plant looks great, it’s a little behind the other one… But the smell is almost like something burnt.

So what suggestions now? Should I toss it?
Keep it going to see what happens, or will it cause a problem with the other plant that’s in the tent and smelling good?

See what happens!!! I get sick and sh!t falls apart on me. Normally I would have already taken that humidifier out and figured out my ac controller by now. Actually my husband usually keeps the filter changed in the humidifier for me only when I ask him to.
Help… I’m so close… And I just took another sniff… It’s def not a straw or hay smell that was mentioned before, it’s a strong weed smell but with the smell of something burnt over it…I can’t explain but it almost makes me nauseous. Ugh
@Fiz @dbrn32 @Graysin @Borderryan22

1 Like

I bet you’re sensitive to whatever terpenes she put out in response to her stress.

She looks fine. Totally healthy and gorgeous. I once had a plant Alpujarreña- I couldn’t stomach the smell. Reeked like week old blue cheese and not in a good way. But no one else smelled it. I kid you not I wanted to die every time I unzipped the tent but my mom and wife both thought it was just dank weed.

Anyway, they look great, hold off on making drastic decisions. See if someone else trusted can give em a sniff - it might just be your nose that hates it.

1 Like

Yeah my husband doesn’t smoke or care for weed … But he said it smelled like normal weed to him… But it’s a super bad smell to me… It’s the plant that I had also unknowingly broken at the main stem and it is extremely bushy in the center base area… I’ve been trying to keep it aired out as much as possible but “oooohhh that smell!” LMAO… I’m also throwing some extra light down in that bushy area so maybe it will make it a couple more weeks… But that humidifier being molded has me freaked out. I can’t believe it got that bad. I’m just glad I didn’t have it running for a while.
I literally have lights and ties inside the plant on the left to open it up to get air flow and light to the bushy innards lol

3 Likes

Yeah, she really does look fine. Don’t worry, she’ll smoke fine and honestly may even cure to be less stinky. :crossed_fingers:

2 Likes

:+1: man I hope so… Thank you as always!

2 Likes

I’ll second the she looks healthy. If you had covid, it can mess with your sense of smell in weird ways. And it takes a while to resolve. Some weed does have very pungent odors, and if your husband doesn’t think it stinks, likely your sense of smell has taken against the fragrance of that particular strain/plant.

It does get better.

2 Likes

He sure was a smart guy, I hope he’s doing alright.

On top of mold prevention, you don’t ever want to stop air exchange while lights are on. Air exchange is how we replenish co2 plants use when lights are on. This isn’t as critical when lights are off, but neither is your temps/rh=vpd. When lights are off main concern is that moisture isn’t building up, but exact temp and rh are pretty much irrelevant. For this reason, i place all of my T series fans in manual when in use. Just tweak the speeds so that im around ideal when lights are on and run them 24/7 at this speed. Over the course of a grow may adjust here and there, but plenty good enough.

Last fan i brought from them i didn’t even bother with T-series, saved a few bucks and bought S model instead.

1 Like

Ok I took the humidifier out, cleaned it out and the tent, put a new filter in the humidifier but left it out because I was staying pretty good on humidity. Last night and today is been about 45-50 though. Is that too low? Do I need to put the humidifier back in? Where should I be with only about two weeks left before harvest? @Graysin @dbrn32 @Fiz

2 Likes

I think 45% is fine. At this stage as she’s finishing, you don’t want it too humid. I have my humidifier set to go on below 45%, and she’s just starting flowering.

1 Like

Late in flower I like my RH around 30-40% to avoid mold risk.

2 Likes

Thank you as always!

1 Like

How are yours looking? Your a quick learner! I bet you’re growing some beasts already! And thanks for the advice as always!

1 Like

At the moment, I have one, a clone I was gifted. She is a photo - Space Queen strain. I messed her up badly, but she is recovering and looking pretty good. I flipped her to flower nearly 2 weeks ago, we’ll see what she does.

I’ll be doing a winter grow too. One photo, one auto.

1 Like

You’re probably good, but like the others said. Once you have gotten just about everything you can out of plants keeping rh low and air moving is most will do.

1 Like