Help with grown tent supplies

Hello all, new here and reading all the information it’s a gold mine of knowledge! I need assistance with setting up my grow tent I have a 48 x48 x 80 tent with a spider farm 1000 light. Growing autos in 5 gallon containers: 3 with coco & ff ocean soil & 1 pot for pot with super soil & coco. What cost effective other items will I need please? Thank you in advance for your help new to growing!

2 Likes

Yo will need clip fans and pH meter and ppm meter some nutrients and you will ready to go
Happy growing👍

Equipment to control environmental issues… Heater, humidifier and/or dehumidifier, etc…

Unfortunately that light is only good for a space the size of a 2x2. May want to start with 1 plant until you can light the whole 4x4

6 Likes

You don’t have enough light for 4 plants in a 4x4 tent. The SF1000 is suitable for a 2x2 and 1 plant. I have an SF4000 and have trouble in the corners in my 4x4. No way a light a quarter the output is going to work in the same space.

4 Likes

Thank you, should I purchase an additional light & if so which do you suggest?

1 Like

Honestly you’d need three more of those to cover the 4x4.

1 Like

Also, what is a ppm? What should the initial ph range for seedlings please

That’s the only option? No other lighting could be used instead? Thank you

Thank you

Is it the spiderfarmer se1000w bar style light you have or a square quantum board?
If it’s this light then it’s plenty fir your 4x4 tent…
This one is actually 1000w power draw.

2 Likes

I’m kinda jealous if it’s the se1000w which I’m betting it is.
That thing is a beast!

1 Like

You are correct pappy. That’s one hell of a light. Didn’t know they were dumb enough to reuse model numbers and just swap out letters. Good catch.

1 Like

Yeah it is very bad marketing.

1 Like

I’m afraid that’s too rich for my pockets, I wish!

1 Like

This is a basic guideline for ppm per plant stage

3 Likes

I am one of the people that have drank the Kool aid and got an HLG light same point I had spider farm and Viparspec before, both did there job, but when it comes to efficiency can’t beat HLG light. I have HLG 300 R spec in my 4x4, I also was in a budget and got a refurbished one for around 300 and change, also I use 1 large oscillating tower fan, now it’s winter and cold, only use that before I had multiple fans in tent to cool it downs. Do the best you can to keep a good environment, also you will Nutes everyone has there opinions I use FF trio, and Definitely ph pen and TDS meter are must, don’t waste money on the probe things they are garbage, please feel free to tag and ask more questions if needed good luck

3 Likes

I’m not moving from HLG. The black bird will be mine. Of course I need a 4x4 first…

4 Likes

I have a little mix of everything now lol, but I have various size tents. I absolutely am in love with my ChilLED Tech X3. I also have three HLG 300L and they are really nice lights as well.

2 Likes

Looks like it’s established that usually only have enough light for 1 plant and that’s cool. There are a few good suggestions for lights for my 4x8 I picked up 2 hlg Diablo 600r lights 1 of these would be good for you.

1 Like