Help with general hydro nutrient schedule for DWC

nutrient schedule
this is mixed to 4 gallons distilled water
I repeat different Flower week feedings if I see she is going to go longer than 8 weeks
this is for Photo girls

2 Likes

I was interested in seeing your sch. as well. :sunglasses:

1 Like

Do those measurements keep you in a good ppm range…and do you work your ph up going to mid flower then back down. :sunglasses:

@NUG61 I am a bit different than other DWC growers…I have one plant in a 12 gallon tote that is the reservoir too…I start with 4 gallons in the reservoir and because there is only this amount of nutrient base my ph does tend to move around during my change out cycles which is 10 and 7 days when I completely suck out any nutrient left…once she starts drinking heavy I have to add a couple gallons of no nutes only hydroguard distilled water about 3-4 days into the schedule to make it to change out…at the end at change out I am down to just 2 gallons left in the reservoir…this is enough to cover the air stones and the water circulation pump that also resides inside this reservoir and is used for top water feed the seedlings and later just to circulate within the reservoir…and yes I try to keep ph 5.5-6 in veg and 6-6.5 during flower

1 Like

Ok same principle as the bucket you just have a bit more water and space. I also feed once a week a water the rest of the week and let the plant eat what it has. Unless the ppms drop heavy then i know i can increase the food.

1 Like

@Deesnuts … what strain are you growing…how many weeks flower… how are you planning to swap out water each week if you are. :sunglasses:

@NUG61 like you said so many different ways to make her grow… In hydro I think of my girls as people and so if you gave someone enough food to live on for a week and they ate it all in 3 days do you give them more…will it make them better or will they get worse…if human we get fat and loose our health if we are given the opportunity to eat all we want…in hydro toxicity or lockout of some sort sets in …at least that’s how I think about that part of my grow…

2 Likes

I do the same …try to feed it what it tells me it can eat… every plant eats a little different so i watch my meters and see how it consumes the nutes. I change to fresh nutes each week and set my target ppm based on how the plant fed that week. If it consistently dropped the ppm each day as it drank, i will increase the ppm a bit, but if consistently rising i will drop it. And try to find that plants happy number for whatever growth stage it’s in. But i have learned like you say, feed to be healthy not fat. So i under feed a little and then in the bulking time of flower i try to increase ppm as much as it can take to enter the body building contest and then back down before harvest. When i first started i consistently overfeed the plants…nute lockout was an ever pending threat until i figured a few things out. But totally agree with you… what i give it for the week is what it gets…maybe up the ppm for the next week if i can see im starving it. But it will definitely be hungry when i do feed it. Like i said, keep her lean and healthy till its time to feed her heavy for the bud building. :sunglasses::v::heart:

1 Like

what you are doing is exactly what I have done to come up with my feeding schedule … great minds think alike !

1 Like

That’s not to say I won’t feed it during the week if needed… say I’m in flower and my target PPM for the week is 1,000 I will set the low Target at 700… I will feed it water and hydroguard if come say Thursday the ppm’s have dropped below 700 I will use the calculator and bump it back to 1000 knowing I will increase the PPM next week to 1200 or something like that. To me that’s the plant letting me know it can take a little more food without being overfed… is that how you see it…:sunglasses:

1 Like

@Deesnuts … these are the conversations where you see we do things differently but yet the same… now you have to decipher and decide your thoughts and techniques. :joy::sunglasses::v::heart:

1 Like

well…there are many who follow the way you are thinking and it does make some sense.

I prefer to not go to this level of thought about the nutrients in between feedings…like you said keep em lean and mean

1 Like

@NUG61 i have 2 amnesia haze fast budding veriety and 2 gelato fast budding veriety both from MSNL seed bank. They are 8 days old. The amnesia is listed as having an 8 week flower and the Gelato says <8 weeks. And im still not sure on the water change process. I was thinking i could buy an extra home depot bucket and just take the plants out and set them in the changing bucket while i take the dwc bucket and change out the water and than tranfer the ladies back. Is that a good plan or is there a better way? Thanks brother.

1 Like

Thanks for the schedule. I moved my 8 day old babys to their new home and plan to use your schedule as a guide. @Retiredoldguy

2 Likes

Did you get a chance to look at my journal… i use a transfer pump to suck out the water and a pump to refill with each week. It will be pretty tough to do if the plant has any size.:sunglasses:

1 Like

That sounds like a solid plan…you can adjust to whatever the plant tells you to. Just make sure you have the right equipment to test ph and ppm and temp with. Those readings will tell you how the plant is eating. :sunglasses::v::heart:

That works but be cautious when the root system gets big. It can be easy to damage roots when you pull them up out of the water and move em in to the other bucket for “holding.”

Hey so i have 4 plants all with the same nutrient solution and 3 are doing great but one is not so good. Im having a little trouble determining what i should change with it. Its had stunted growth for probably 4 or 5 days. @Graysin @NUG61 so far ive been using your nutrient schedual @Retiredoldguy and they are at a ppm of 6.0 and a ppm of 700.

2 Likes

Honestly I would check under the hood before getting too worried. Some plants focus their energy on root building a lot longer than others. It may be that she just wants to grow down before she grows up. Even if they’re all the same strain, they may be different phenotypes and consequently grow differently.

4 Likes

@Graysin …do you think a bump of cal-mag will help the leaves on the other three…should probably be a bit darker…:thinking: