Help with first plant

Hi guys. I was up here recently cause even after a lot of reading and first advice I have no idea what I’m doing. I’m desperate to save this plant and don’t want to fail. I don’t have a tent because of space but i am growing in doors. I have made a spot in the closet for it so it can have good darkness. , Got it a light, keeping track of temp , have a small fan for ventilation and yet it still shows signs of just no doing well near the bottom and middle. But the top and tallest part seems okay. Please help. Let me know if the light I have is okay too.

6 Likes

@BlazingBud I moved your post and started a new thread so you can have your own journal and get the help you need.

I’ll tag a few people to get you some followers

@kaptain3d @Bulldognuts @OGIncognito @Borderryan22 @Oldguy @Dhooter

5 Likes

Are those bulbs what you are using for lighting? That will not be even close to the light you will need.

Are you feeding any nutrients? PHing your water? What medium are you growing in?

6 Likes

Thanks for the tag @AfgVet. It’s really hard to tell from the photos what the real issue may be, but I’m gonna wing it and say first is lights. Those lights will sprout a seeding maybe, but not make a plant produce. Here’s a support ticket, fill copy/fill out/paste and we’ll do what we can!!!

Strain?

Soil In Pots, Hydroponic, Or Coco?

System Type?

Ph Of Runoff Or Solution In Reservoir?

What Is Strength Of Nutrient Mix? TDS or EC?

Indoor Or Outdoor?

Light System, Size?

Temps; Day, Night

Humidity; Day, Night

Ventilation System; Yes, No, Size

Ac, Humidifier, De-humidifier,

Co2; Yes, No

Add Anything Else You Feel Would Help Us Give You A Most Informed Answer. Feel Free To Elaborate, But Short, To The Point Questions And Facts Will Help Us Help You. also a clear pic so we can see the problem areas.

5 Likes

I see. What lights do you suggest

1 Like

From now you can started with a 150$ light from vivosun

IMG_20211212_091941

2 Likes

The only thing I know is
Strain : bubba Kush
Seed type : definitely not auto
Temp : I’ve been keeping it between 65 and 80 just depending on temps outside and in
Out or in : definitely in just no tent
Ventilation : I have it in a closet with black out curtains , a light and a small fan but I’m guessing I don’t have a good light
Humidity : haven’t got a gauge for that yet but been misting it to try to keep humidity
Ph: I also am confused on testing this but I put a dose of this fox nutrients my friend gave me
Sorry again for not being helpful I got it from someone who got it from someone else so even she can’t tell me everything.

4 Likes

So far look defoliation to much and overwatering.

We need to know about if you used soil or methods to grown?

PH levels

What nutrients?

@BlazingBud
Don’t worry is a lot of pro grow here they go to help you

1 Like

You definitely want to step up the light. HLG has a bargain, true 200w light, for less than $200, and they are top of the line. Spider Farmer also makes more budget friendly, the sx2000 will take you through a whole grow. Another brand people are talking about is KingBrite. Cheap, but uses quality diodes and driver, no experience with them. @Graysin I believe does.

Apera or BlueLab meters aren’t very cheap, but they are very accurate and reliable. pH is important so that it makes all nutrients available for plant uptake. 6.2-6.8 AFTER adding nutes at their suggested levels. TDS is your total dissolved solids, which is measured in PPM (parts per million). These meters are cheap on their own, but the brands mentioned make combo meters that do pH and TDS.

FF has multiple feeding charts. But the FF line is a full buffet, adding up to 9 or 10 different things at some parts of the grow cycle. Also not cheap. If it’s available, though, keep using them.

2 Likes

What soil are you in, and how long has the plant been in it?

1 Like

You can get a HLG Diablo 200 for 169.15 free shipping on sale till Jan.5.

3 Likes

I second on the Diablo 200 from Hlg I own it and love the results. Grab the deal before it gone

4 Likes

Thanks for the tag @AfgVet . And I agree with @Mefis

Way too much defoliation for the lights you have…And for lights Mars Hydro has some decent ones if you’re on a budget… but if you buy too cheap now, you might have to buy some more down the line… :nerd_face:

3 Likes

Thanks for the tag @Borderryan22

Yeah I use a KingBrite 240w with UV/IR diodes. It was $170 after everything.

I also have the Diablo mini 200 - it was $170ish after a discount code as well.

I also have an HLG 260XL - it was … a lot. $320? I added a third board to it for another $120ish (driver and board together).

Plus some other lights.

The plants under my KingBrites have consistently performed as well or better than the HLG 260w plants. I haven’t yet flowered under the Diablo Mini. My autoflowers are in preflower now. So hopefully I’ll have a flower report soon for those.

4 Likes

Get you a maxisun pb2000 $156 buck and youcan get out almost same intensity if not more than a 260xl hlg for half the money :moneybag:!

1 Like

You are in great hands . I have the vs1000 it will work for seedling’s but you will need something better to finish a grow. As the gentlemen above stated hlg or spider farmer you cannot go wrong with.

1 Like

Welcome to the community and thanks @AfgVet. the information you provided on the support ticket helps, several things going on. Inadequate lighting, PH, nutrients and environmental issues. Some great growers have responded with lighting suggestions, HLG guy myself but the other needs mentioned above are equally critical. Welcome to the greatest place to learn :love_you_gesture:

2 Likes