Help With BlueLabs Meter

My BlueLabs EC meter was working fine. Then I recalibrated it. Mistake. I have been all over their website and I have done everything they recommend. contacted them and I got voice message. I can’t talk to anyone. I get a 3.7 reading in EC when I try and calibrate it (should be 2.77). It flashes CAL and then goes to “er”.
Just for grins (I’m really getting pissed) I put the sensor into the runoff solution and I get “Or”. I can’t find what that means on their web site.
Plant looks great.
Anyway, any suggestions?

1 Like

Are you using fresh calibration solution ? I’ve had Er readings when I tried reusing old solution.

Probes dirty ?

Do you keep ypur probe submerged in storage solution?

1 Like

Don’t think the ec meter needs solution, just ph pen

2 Likes

Out of Range?

2 Likes

Out of likes as always lol you are correct my friend @Me75 here are erro codes for blue lab equipment

1 Like

Hummmm…says the temp is not working and to order a NEW pen. Used it twice. $100 down the drain.
Might be my error but can anyone recommend another EC/PPM brand pen?

1 Like

My ph pen has a cap that holds water but this one does not. New solution. I cleaned the probes thoroughly and got the water to cover the sensors evenly with out drops. Oh well, life goes on…
Thanks again for the help and suggestions.

1 Like

Some times shit is defective unfortunately some times its user error it happens from time to time Blue Lab is a great well trusted brand i would email there support team and see if the unit is still under warranty but if your already set on getting away from BlueLab id recommend the Apera PC60 its a 5 in 1 unit PH,EC,TDS,SALINITY,TEMP you can buy the whole kit with all the calibration solutions on amazon its 135 bones only thing else youd want to buy is a 3M storage solution its like 13 or 15 bones for the probe the kit comes with a tiny bottle but it doesn’t last long enough

I have a bluelabs conductivity pen. I goes OR for reading over 4000 or 5000. Either way it is more than the meter is intended to read.

2 Likes

I have the bluelab guardian and it wants to be calibrated a specific way i cant remember exactly but i believe its 7/10 ph first then 4 ph last. If you do it wrong you will get an ER during calibration. I also have the TDS/PPM pen and PH pen before i upgraded to the bluelab guardian and never had that issue. Only thing i can think of is the calibration liquid past the expiration date or your reusing the liquid and causing it to be off because that could be the root of your issue. They have like a 6-12 month shelf life for calibration liquids i believe

Sounds like I can’t get the probes clean enough. Scrubbed the head like crazy. The cleaner is in date as is the calibration fluid.
If the ppm is over 5K, my plant likes it! I didn’t use a pen in my first grow but got one for the second grow I am on now. It all went to hell when I tried to calibrate it. Grrrrrrr… I don’t have the receipt so returning it is not possible.
Sounds like BL has a good product, used by alot of people, but this one is troublesome.
Thanks again for your replies!!

Have you pulled the battery to reset? I’ve had mine for 2 years with no issues :love_you_gesture:

1 Like

I’ll give it a shot

You could order one on amazon, switch a roo and then return back to amazon under the reason item was broken. Get a new pen and your money back.

1 Like

That’s a great idea! However, I was a business owner and I can’t do that.

2 Likes