Help with beans please

Ok so nice m having difficulties with the seeds… I get them to pop but then they die when I put em in soil… maybe my lights are too strong it’s a600 hydro farm … ? These are my latest what’s the best way to put the n soil? Just the root up to the leaves ? Thanks guys

Broooo.you have to put them in soil before the shell come off just after you get like a quarter inch to half in tap root. They died cuz they are drowning they need air. If you soak them only soak them for a day then put them in a moist paper town in a open zip lock bag. You’ll be rocking in no time if u do that get a tap root going then put it root down in a solo cup 1 knuckle deep and in a couple days it will come up through the soil with colytons

5 Likes

Yeah, those should have been put in soil once the tap root appeared. You can plant them, but it may be too late.

1 Like

Dmammit Jim :joy: ok thanks guys … immature anyway they only been in there 2 days and they popped out of the shell​:exploding_head:

1 Like

Are you germinating them in water under a grow light. They should be in the dark until you put them in the soil. Then put a clear solo cup over the spot you put the seed. Spray/ mist the inside of the cup. Then turn down your light.

2 Likes

Are you saying you think the seeds are immature because they germinated vigorously?

I plant my seeds right in the soil, no soaking for 24, no paper towel, no domes, just straight into wet soil. This is the way it’s supposed to be, it’s easy and it works. Some may not agree with me but I encourage others to try this method

3 Likes

Agree , recent bean drop was done with the h202 soak for 24 ( or the shell crack) then into soil , never had a problem with the simple into damp soil just wanted to try a way recommended by other forum users , worked well. But yea definitely in the drink for way to long sorry chap

1 Like

I plant after the 24 hour pyroxide soak even if theres no tap root because the shell is already weakened , then I dome the soil and give them 3 sprays twice a day got 8/9 germ rate last planting

2 Likes

No …it was supposed to say I’m going to try anyway :joy::joy: auto correct

Ok thanks appreciate it :+1:t2:

Check out the free guides that ILGM provides. Good info to get started

1 Like

Nothing wrong with that either. I dont do a soak or peroxide mix or anything I’ve done either jlright in the soil or paper towel. I prefer paper towel though

That makes more sense.

1 Like

That’s crazy 0.o, you probably end up as a hydro grower

1 Like

:joy::joy::joy: right

1 Like