Help with 4” inline fan

My growneer has been running non stop for nearly two years (17,000+ hours) and no issues yet. If it goes out tomorrow I’ll say I got my money’s worth ($60). The ac infinity has been running for 1 1/2 years non stop (13,000+ hrs) and no issues with that one either. There’s definitely a noise difference between the two when I’m in my grow space but once the door is closed I can’t hear a thing.

4 Likes

Seems everyone has put it out there, I use the AC Infinity 6" and it works as advertized. Price is average and use is easy. Would I recommend this product to a friend? Yes I would…

3 Likes

$149US ($215AUD) for the Infinity T6 on their website. Plus $100AUD to get is shipped here = $315 AUD

A retailer (only one i can find at the moment) over here has the T6 listed at $645AUD!!!

Hmmm… :thinking: i think ill just wait for the international shipping

1 Like

Another quick one haha. Will the Phresh 6” filter directly attach to the Infinity T6 or will i need ducting between the two and will cheap ducting be fine? Thanks again everyone for all the help, it is much much appreciated. Hopefully soon ill be ready to start my journal!

You could probably get by with s6 model. It comes with just speed control, and a lot of people (myself included) don’t particularly care for how the t6 operates in the control settings.

The duct flange and filter flange should be the same size. You don’t specifically need duct, but you will need something to at least act as a coupling between your fan and filter. That goes for pretty much all of them.

1 Like

Ok thanks. Is this clamp the sort of thing you ar talking about?

Have you ever used or heard of anyone using a noise reducer silencer? My 4” Vivosun in-line fan is loud as all get out, but moves a lot air…I saw one the other day and wondered if they work…

I haven’t but they just reduce air movement noise, not the motor noise.

2 Likes

I did a thread asking about them some time ago and got nothing but crickets.

100% accurate. They basically reduce amount or turbulence, nothing to fan itself.

1 Like

setup is 4x4x6 tent - on;y need a short run to duct out a window or into attic.
lights are a pair of two pack QB288 v2 Rspec,

@dbrn32 and @Countryboyjvd1971 and others feel free to offer advice.

Been lucky on not needing ventilation monitored to date but now we are having high RH due to being summer temps combined with 5-6 inches of rain surplus for the year.

Would you buy the ac infinity S6 or T6 or a TerraBloom-like cheaper option ?

BTW The T6 is waiting on a container shipment from across the pacific…[IN STOCK ON JULY 06, 2020. NO PRE-ORDER] CLOUDLINE T6, QUIET INLINE DUCT FAN SYSTEM WITH TEMPERATURE AND HUMIDITY CONTROLLER, 6-INCH, $149.00

thanks in advance !!!

I have t model and s model, currently using a model. But extra money for fancy controller could pay off for some.

thanks for the response.

i have two 4x4x6 tents [ veg & flower] to consider -

is there any reason to go with 8-inch model over the 6 inch - more power & noise seem to be trade offs.

You are going to run both tents from one fan or have 1 fan per tent?

if i had to order today, i would go with the AC Infinity CLOUDLINE T8 - the unit would be outside the tent[s] and duct to each one;
that would justify the going with the T8 [vs the T6] for the added airflow: 807 CFM - which could help the 2nd tent as well .

am i missing something here ?

the volume seems that 1 fan could do both tents - but the sensor side wouldn’t work -

so the correct answer is one per tent - correct ?

Is everything else about each tent going to be the same? Sounds like you will have little ability to adjust 1 tent but not the other. I would probably install dampers on each tent if you go that route. Which makes me wonder if 2 6" fans isn’t cheaper than 8" fan and 2 dampers.

one tent for veg. and one for flower - the RH in the veg tent hasn’t been an issue yet…Thanks again.

the T6 won’t be in stock for a couple weeks, but i can wait…

1 Like

my mind set on the CLOUDLINE S6 - since i’m daily hands on with my girls…out of stock till July 06

they have some on ebay! i just ordered one last week when everywhere else was sold out