Help! Why are my babies turning yellow on the bottom?

I just moved all 4 of these 3/30/2020 (3 skywalker ogs and 1chemdog#4 to bigger pots and the tent room. Been havin 50-60%humidity 73-78 degrees F. I did add mycorrhizae w the past 2 watering. when I transplanted them(3/30) and ph ‘d water @ 6… they were fine yesterday and now they are starting to turn yellow??? O also my soul I mix it. It’s 70%potting soil and 30%coco peet.ive used this mixture before and it’s worked well for me before. Lmk your thoughts please.i did try adding some more fresh air to lower the humidity this morning to 39%Uploading: DE858FE1-A499-4744-81FE-9450A075BA27.jpeg… Uploading: A408A038-0607-47CF-BFBF-F16DCAD2578B.jpeg… Uploading: 77B85970-502E-499F-9259-9B891C396077.jpeg…

1 Like

hey there. a few question? what type of potting soil are you using? Is it organic and not preloaded? a lot of potting mixes have nutes that break down a little at a time and that is not very good for cannabis plants. Miracle grow type soils that says feeds all season long.

A few of the pics you tried to load did not finish or get to 100% before you replied. And pics in normal lighting or with the flash on work best. It is very hard to see in the pics with blurple lights on. for plants in veg you want the RH in the tent to be at or above 70% you lower it in flower. running at 39% is low at this time.

what leaves are yellowing? Is it the round first set of leaves or is it fan leaves? If it is the round first set of leaves they yellow when the plant is done eating off of them. those leaves carry the plant tell roots are developed enough to take in nutes and water. And that is not a problem. get back with some better pics and a few answers and everyone can help…

1 Like

COPY/PASTE the below list into your forum post.

Answer these simple questions the best you can.
If you do not know, or do not use something; Just say so; Or post
NA (non applicable)

• What strain, Seed bank, or bag seed
  • Method: Soil w/salt, Organic soil, Hydroponics, Aquaponics, KNF
  • Vessels: Pots, Grow beds, Buckets, Troths
  • PH of Water, Solution, runoff (if Applicable)
  • PPM/TDS or EC of nutrient solution if applicable
  • Indoor or Outdoor
  • Light system
  • Temps; Day, Night
  • Humidity; Day, Night
  • Ventilation system; Yes, No, Size
  • AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier,
  • Co2; Yes, No

Always try to upload a clear picture of any issues you may have to allow the community to assist you.

Add anything else you feel would help us give you a most informed answer should be included. Feel free to elaborate, but short and to the point questions and facts will help us help you in a more efficient manner :slight_smile:

Thanks!

2 Likes

Just a note while you get some better pics in white light and fill out the support ticket. Myco is relatively expensive and is best used as a soil amendment rather than being watered in. Watering it in isn’t going to hurt your plants, but it is a very expensive way to go about using myco.

2 Likes

Sorry for some reason all my pics didn’t up load.here they are and thank you :blush:

Can you please fill out a support ticket, tell us exactly what soil you are in, and also your watering and feeding habits?

Expert gardener potting soil mixed w coco peet. And I water them every other day or every two days just transplanted on 3/30 to these pots. Haven’t started feeding them anything yet besides the mycohrizea in a couple waterings

Your plants are getting hungry. I would add a bit of nutrient since your growing media has none at all. I start nutrients around week 2. Low dosages. For General Hydroponics flora trio that would be 1ml Micro, 2.5 grow, 1 bloom. Whatever you use for nutirent, GH recommends ~550-700 PPM of nutes at week two. 600-900 wk 3, 650-900 week 4 I push up nutes at week 4 to 1000 or a bit more. See how the strain does with it. My goal is a tiny bit of nute burn on the leaf tips then I back off and run at that PPM.

2 Likes

If you have a very high percentage of coco, then follow reticence’s recommendation. If not, I’d transplant.

Your potting soil has time release nutes and adding additional nutes can harm your ladies. I would transplant to something more cannabis friendly. Most cannabis soils won’t need nutes for several weeks from your last transplant. Soils with time release nutes wreck havoc on your pH and they also nuke your plants with nutes every time you water. A couple example of cannabis friendly soil examples are Fox Farm products and Roots Organics. These soils are buffered for cannabis.

They look like they might be overwatered. Cannabis likes wet/dry cycles, and young plants don’t need a whole lot of water. Let your soil dry out before each watering.

2 Likes

Whoops sorry I missed the “Expert gardener potting soil” so I misspoke saying there are no nutirents. Glad you caught this and corrected @MidwestGuy .
As a rule of thumb, most folks here avoid potting soils like this and Miracle grow. Hard to deal with if there is time released nutrients in the mix.

2 Likes

I would let them dry out. Let your pot get light wieght. Then water. Have u watered to run off? And gotten a ph and ppm reading? The soil maybe to hot and locking out. Or it maynot have any nutes in it. Without run off there is no way to know. At that stage ur ph of run off should be 6.0 to 6.5ish. And I keep my ppm at 400 to 500 at that size.

What kinda soil or mixes to you use? I’ve used this kinda mix a few times before and it seemed to work.i didn’t have to feed them any nutes for the first few weeks but other than that it work but it doesn’t seem to want to be work now lol🤦‍♀️

And no I haven’t watered to get a run off.:thinking:

1 Like

You might want to do a slurry test as it’s entirely possible you have a lockout preventing N uptake.

1/4 cup of media from the root zone, 1 cup of distilled water and mix. Let stand for 15 minutes then measure the PH. (I assume your meter is current on it’s calibration)

That will tell you the PH of your media and can help moving forward.

3 Likes

Ok cool thank u.imma try that.my foxfarm ocean soil won’t be here till end of next week too :confused:

1 Like

I’ll let ya know

Soo I did the slurry thing… ph 5.9 ppm45…

1 Like

With that PH try to water/feed (when ever you are feeding) to PH to the high end of good for cannabis or 6.8 PH. A top dress of a couple of tablespoons full of dolomite lime should also buffer the soil into a slightly better range. You are probably fine where you are. Not knowing how fertile your soil mixture is I hesitate to suggest supplemental feeding. But it sure looks like it’s asking for nitrogen.

2 Likes