Help! What is this deficiency?

Leaf spot fungus (LSF) was difficult to diagnose, it’s devastated my garden and it’s got nothing to do with nutrients which are always steady at one of the three strengths recommended on the back of my GH Flora bottles depending on phase of growing, with a small supplementation of Calimagic always added

My issue is well under control with topical sprays & some environmental changes, but with no changes in the feeding regimen, but thank you for your input

Will, I hope you don’t mind me calling you into all these threads? …You got a good eye, and I agree 95%+ of the time (but not this time).

I’m very careful and selective when I add someone’s link, for example all outdoor growing questions I link to @Majiktoker, all questions like this with pictures I direct to you.

Ive Been following this .And this is a tough call . It mite be time to help Dahlia use a support ticket …My copy is of the original . @garrigan62 , @Paranorman Do either of you 2 have a copy to paste for them ? Hammer

1 Like

I agree, but Occam’s razor I guess, I think I’m seeing septoria everywhere because of this nightmare with it !

I’ve always fed at 880 to just under 1,000 PPM. I start in ffof and at the very first sign of deficiency I start with GH at half strength and go up from there

I may be seeing leaf spot fungus behind every Bush and under every Rock if you know what I mean ? Maybe because I’ve seen the way early detection and treatment can help and if you are a little bit behind on it you’re going to lose plants ! I’m pulling maybe an ounce out of a plant now instead of 3 or 4

The original poster should follow with Kerrigan recommendations and if it clears up with the feeding I hope she’ll get back to us with her results?

Edit: @Hammer I’ve always had trouble finding the support tickets ( I still don’t know where they are? )

1 Like

I bookmarked one garrigan62 sent me.
Fill out a “Support Ticket”

COPY/PASTE: This “Support Ticket” into your forum post.
Answer these simple questions the best you can.
If you do not know, or do not use something; Just say so = NA

ILGM Support Ticket:

What is the strain and type(unknown bag seed, strain name, regular seeds, feminized seeds, auto-flower, etc)?

Indoor or Outdoor? If outdoor, planted

in ground or in a container?

Size of space (max height and area, length/width)?

Soil or Hydro? Type of Medium used? System type?

pH? Of the soil or medium (root zone/reservoir/run-off) and of the water and/or nutrient mix that is fed to the plant?

Type and strength of nutrients used? NPK? EC/TDS/PPM levels? Of what you feed it as well as what is in the water by itself and in the soil/medium (run-off), or reservoir.

Temperature? Day vs. night temp or highest and lowest temps? Root zone temps?

Humidity %? Day vs. night

Light system/watts/lumens/FLUX/PAR?

Ventilation system? Size? CFM? CO2? AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier?

Number “weeks/days” from into Season, Vegetative Growth or
Bloom/flowering?
Add anything else you feel would help us give you a most informed answer. Feel free to elaborate, but try to be brief and to the point. Short and to the point questions and/or facts will help us help you 

1 Like

@Paranorman,

I should have had put it a little differently. Some deficiency’s will look a lot a like. Like the pick I put up is of a nutrient deficiency and I do believe that’s @Dahlia’s problem.
I also based it on there dfecription. @Dahlia probem I’d nutrients not fungus.

Your ordeal is most likely fungus. I believe I posted on a similar issue.
If you would like I’m sure I could help you with it. As a matter fact I would like very
much cause I do know how to get rid of it. There’s only one way.

B Safe
Will

I do need help, I’m not sure how to mix the baking soda,

do I use distilled water ?

do I need to put it on at certain pH?

How much dish soap do I add?

I read some people mix oil ?

what kind of oil ? (neem oil ?)

I understand I’m trying to get an alkaline residue on my leaves however how alkaline is too alkaline is what I’m asking

I read one tablespoon per gallon but I can’t seem to find a tried-and-true reference -thanks

Edit: I don’t mean to step on this thread but you asked and I’ve also asked this question in at least one or two other threads in the last week, if you want reply to the thread I linked above that would be great because its all about the LSF
-thanks again Will

ILGM Support Ticket:

What is the strain and type(unknown bag seed, strain name, regular seeds, feminized seeds, auto-flower, etc)? Cloned, OG Kush, Girl Scout Cookie, Blue cheese

Indoor or Outdoor? If outdoor, planted
Indoor
in ground or in a container?
Container
Size of space (max height and area, length/width)?
7x6x6

Soil or Hydro? Type of Medium used? System type?
Soil, Foxfarm reg and Ocean forest
pH? Of the soil or medium (root zone/reservoir/run-off) and of the water and/or nutrient mix that is fed to the plant
Type and strength of nutrients used? NPK? EC/TDS/PPM levels? Of what you feed it as well as what is in the water by itself and in the soil/medium (run-off), or reservoir. Trays
Foxfarm grow big for veg every other water 1 tbl per gallon
Foxfarm big bloom 3 tbl. Every other water and tiger bloom 1 tbl every other water. Boost blooms once a week with cha Ching 1 tsp per gallon.

Temperature? Day vs. night temp or highest and lowest temps? Root zone temps?
70-88 in room

Humidity %? Day vs. night
30-50%
Light system/watts/lumens/FLUX/PAR?
MH 400 veg- HPS 1000 bloom
Ventilation system? Size? CFM? CO2? AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier?
6" exhaust fan
Number “weeks/days” from into Season, Vegetative Growth or
Bloom/flowering? Different- veg and bloom
Thinking about changing type of nutrients. Suggestions?
Add anything else you feel would help us give you a most informed answer. Feel free to elaborate, but try to be brief and to the point. Short and to the point questions and/or facts will help us help you 

It is a CE pen type meter. One drop of solution and the ph changes drastically. It doesn’t seem to be consistent.

@Dahlia So the lights are on now, this is why I thought the picture with the spots looked like mine

These are not mites. I’ve been chasing this issue for a while now, this is usually how it begins, but not always…

And this is what it sometimes progresses to

So I sure hope this isn’t what you got going on
-best wishes

@Dahlia a couple of things i want you to keep in mind .like ,How can i keep my grow as simple as possible .remember some times less is better .so watch your nute’s with soil . Don’t over think it .just remember it’s a plant and a weed at that lol …:smile: made you smile …next are you saying that a drop of ph adjustment changes you nutrient solution drastically ?? fill me in a little more .Hammer

1 Like

Lol. The meter doesn’t work. Guess I bought the wrong one. I calabrated it but it changes every time you use it…within minutes. Have to get another one. I’ve heard they aren’t accurate.

do use use test solutions to check your meter ? Hammer

I put the meter in distilled water and calibrate to 7.0 then in our water and it reads 7.4 when I know it’s 5.8 from test strips. Then I put it back in distilled water and it reads 7.4. It must not be a good meter. I was told the test strip dispenser is affected by humidity and that affects there accuracy.
What kind of meter should I purchase?

Hahaha noo! Distilled water has a pH lower than 7.

Do you have calibration solution? It should have come with your pen. Either packets of dry material that you yourself need to mix with water, or a liquid solution already mixed for you.

It did not come with any solution or powder. Like I said I have to order another one. Which brand is a good one?

@Dahlia I would recommend general hydroponics .Liquid as its the most simple to use .and reliable ,and cheap . is you have any more Questions @Hammer me and ill help if i can .Hammer .

What about a good meter?

Majiktoker recommended and HM80 and the guy at my grow store I said that’s what he uses so I bought it there, paid almost 60 bucks but I’ve seen it on Amazon $53

it’s kinda slow but it seems very accurate, self calibrating, temperature adjusting etc., only thing it lacks is a lighted screen

I’m very happy with it hope this helps

Edit: My yellow El Cheapo meter did exactly what you described yours was doing …it’s still doing it

Yea it was a cheap one. I looked on Amazon with no results for that brand.

Hey you go

https://www.amazon.com/HM-Digital-PH-80-HydroTester-Resolution/dp/B0096N8OWI/?tag=greenrel-20