Help! What happened?!?

so i did a full water change on my dwc last night just before lights out. Phd water to 5.87 ppm at 600. Lower nutes atm since ive had nute burn before. What would cause this? Thought i had to much water so drained it down some this morning. Everything was drooping. I changed all 3 buckets with exact same parameters. What the heck happened?

This smaller one did not wilt like the other two. All in the same stage of flower. Just about 2 weeks since i flipped with a small flub of 13/11 for 4 days instead of 12/12.

Did you fill the buckets full? Looks like over watering to me. Maybe some roots that were exposed getting oxygen are now drowning. Just a thought

1 Like

Search through the hydro section and tag some people to get their attention

@peachfuzz @ReeferRod

Can you guys assist this fine gentleman?

I did fill them but as soon as i saw this result removed water well below what it was before the water change as i wondered that too. No improvement in almost 12 hrs. Lights just turned off and it looks about the same. I am at a loss. I hadnt done a full change this round. Numbers were good so i just topped off. I wanted to help them out a bit more in flower and was looking to get my nutes right as they were really going slow.

I just upped my nutes to 600ppm today from 400 let’s hope I got everything right…

When I have flushed I will see a similar droop for a 24-36 hour period. Not as extreme as your seeing. Maybe the new mix was off a little too? With that size net pot I would use at most 3 gallons of water in those buckets.

How does her roots look? If nice and healthy you should see improvement rapidly.

Roots still bright white and look fine. Ive kept.my water level fairly high throughout. Im guessing that’s another rookie mistake. i hope they recoup…the two wilting are lifter cbd for my wife and i want my entire next run to be all thc! Lol. Oh well…im in the midwest so still enough time for a couple in soil outdoors.

Looking good! What size nets did you use? Ive got the stuff to build a similar one. Same totes even. I picked up a pond air pump with stones new for a steal. Its gonna aerate the crap outta those totes! Im not sure if im liking the power grow buckets. New light gets here wednesday too! I made poor light choices to start and it shows.

@superron Sure is time to get outside in the Midwest. I also run the size HDX boxes @riley_ss is running. I generally will do one plant per 12 gallon tote with a 3" basket. This lets me run about 7 gallons of water at start and around 6 gallons when she is mature. This leaves between quarter and 2" of air space between the net pot and water level. This is my latest run. The one in the middle is only 8 weeks old and a monster. She will get the space to herself in a few weeks.

Gosh that room smells

1 Like

@ItsPat looking great! And i bet that room has the best stink! Lol. I had planned on using 3 inch pots in mine as well. Already have them. Im thinking 2 baskets per tote and 2 totes so i can cycle autos thru. Thinking ill stagger start dates so as to harvest one plant month. Thats the hope. Since running autos i figure i can dome my seedlings and run everything 12/12 from start to finish. Which mars light is that? I looked at several before deciding on spider farmer 1000. One now and adding a second in a few more weeks. And a third a few weeks later. (Stupid budget restirictions🤣). This should flood a 4x4 flower and easily veg a 5x5. Also which nutes do you use? Im using gh flora series. And one last question, any problems with light getting to water with these totes? Or is the lid thick enough?

1 Like

Do you have at least a 1 inch air gap between your net basket and water level and are you sure that your air pump is working and theres no kinked air lines…?
:v::sunglasses:

3 Likes

@peachfuzz i do now. And no kinks and pump is working correctly. I wasnt leaving space until thia happened. I now know the error in that. Hoping when i get home today i see signs of recoup. And my new light should be there awaiting install! No more blurple junk! Haha. Keeping those around as supplement and seedling lights though.

2 Likes

Right on Midwest gang! Looks like we’re all in the same head space with these grows I’m using the gh trio with CalMag and Hydrogaurd. I usually fill up my 12 gallon tote with 4-5 gallons of water at a time and add more when they get low. I’ve been changing my res every 15 days or so. I’m using the 3in net pots and they work perfectly. Flipped to 12/12 yesterday and I’m also using the Mars hydro ts 3000 light!

1 Like

I run mostly GHE with calmag and signal (terp booster) from True. The bucket lid i use panda plastic on top. The yellow does let the light through the lid. Im running the mars tsl-2000 and been getting pretty good results.

Most likely was water level to high.

I keep 2 inch below netpot.

For future : keep eye on air stones as well, they plug up after a while and may need replacement. Low air can cause same problem.

Thanks. I just checked those before i read this. Lol. So cbd 1 has perked back up more so the next question is should i trim some to conserve her energy or leave her be and if trim how much?

Oh and new light is in