Help! what did I do and how do I fix it 😩

well maybe misting humidifiers and irons

3 Likes

Ohhh zing! Got me

But

And for storing PH pens!

1 Like

It’s not recommended to use distilled for apera pens at least. Better off using the 4.0 test solution if out of “storage solution”. Says so in the manual. Lol. Do not use distilled water. Because it has 0ppms. Not sure how that effects glass. But gonna find it now. Because I’m bored and tipsy. Lol

Horrible picture. But should be legible.

Of course this is referring to long term storage. Just gotta keep it moist if often use.

So do not store your apera pH pens in distilled water.

1 Like

Thank you so much for this!! I appreciate you taking the time to explain this to me in great detail. You made it very easy to understand.

I do have a couple questions about this step and they may sound silly…when you put your bucket outside do you have a lid on it or does the lid stay off? And can I do this in the winter when it snows?

I pulled the water quality report for my area. ( I didn’t know it was so easy to obtain :rofl:)
Now I need to figure out what all this means :thinking:

I am over the moon happy with all that I’m learning and continue to learn!! Thank you again :orange_heart:

1 Like

I don’t set my tap water outside. I fill my bucket to the 2 gal mark in the laundry room sink and set it by the washing machine :joy:

I don’t put a lid on it so the chlorine can dissipate.

Cheers! :beers:

2 Likes

I used distilled water to build my brewing liquor and to do soil slurry tests. I don’t drink it and I don’t water plants with it because there are no minerals in it

1 Like

I’m fairly confident you have a ph issue because you cant ph water with with little to no minerals. You may THINK that your feeding a good ph but your not. There are several ways to buffer the water before adding anything to it but is a pain in the ass.

2 Likes

@Budz I don’t store mine in anything lol

Hi all!!
Update:
Completed a flush with cal-mag and my weed minerals on 9/7, gave the girls a couple of days to rest then trimmed the leaves that were crispy. Today watered with tap water that has set out for about 5 days - pH on this was 7.68 and reading on the TDS meter was 312 ppm. ( still learning about what this means) added 5ml of cal-mag and 10ml of my weed minerals ( followed instructions on the bottles for amounts) and pH’d the water to 6.74.

We are on day 63 from when the girls popped from the soil. Thinking I’m going to give them this week to make sure they’re good then flip to bloom next week. I purchased ILGM weed fertilizer and hopeful it will be in next week. :yellow_heart:

Thank you for all of the advice

5 Likes

Sounds like you are definitely on the right track now brother. :v:

3 Likes

Looks great!

3 Likes

The ladies are looking nice and healthy :love_you_gesture:

2 Likes

Have you tried aeration with small air pump and air stone? I no longer have chlorinated water, but I could start mine in morning and would be clear by the time I got home from work.

2 Likes

That would absolutely work. I water then refill the bucket. By the time I need it a few days later it’s ready. No power required.

1 Like

Update: 9/20/21 - began 12/12

Today is water day so they will perk back :arrow_up:
Thank you again :pray:t2: to all that helped me get past the water/nutrient crisis.

Super excited for this next phase of growing :green_heart:
(Also ordered ILGM weed fertilizer will be delivered today.)

1 Like

Good morning everyone! Today is water day and I’ve been feeding the girls cal-mag since the crispy leaf incident… I received the ILGM fertilizer a couple of days ago :hugs:! I would like to start feeding them this. My question is: Do I continue to add cal-mag to my water, pH it, along with the flowering fertilizer or would I omit cal-mag and just use fertilizer? My gut says I can do both, but I am a little hesitant to do this because I just don’t know. I did search the forum (scanned quickly). Advice definitely welcomed :yellow_heart:
Thank you :blush:

1 Like

:green_heart:Half way through week 2 of flower!!!

1 Like

Hi all, week 3 of flower; day 85. Should we trim these big fan leaves to allow light under?

From Thursday’s picture above, below is today’s pic!!
I think I have a saliva dominant WW! Ain’t she a beaut :yellow_heart:

Hi ya’ll I did something again :woman_facepalming:t3:

We’re thinking potassium issues…

We have been feeding with every water- ILGM fertilizer along with cal mag and my weed minerals.
(stupid us…we just learned it should be more like feed, water,water,feed etc.)

We noticed very very small amounts of yellow at the very tips of the upper leaves. When we watered/fed 10 days ago,It stopped after that- there was nothing except green luscious leaves. 5 days ago we watered/fed and the day after we noticed leaves losing the deep green color and spots of yellow. We left it alone and this morning we found the the brighter green/yellow leaves with brown spots. We watered/fed today ( like morons :joy:) ph going in 6.6 with 950ppm. Runoff after that water 5.70 ph and 2711 ppm :flushed:. We realized after that the ppm is way to high and ran 1/2 gal of ph 6.7 through her.

Should we flush her, let her dry out, and then start feeding her again? If so, what type of water should we use and ph?

I’m sorry if I’m a pain. We keep learning things after we screw up. Thanks!!!
@dbrn32

2 Likes

I don’t know a full flush is required. Figure if you had some clean low ppm like ro or distilled to run a few gallons or so through the pots would knock the ppm down to more reasonable levels. You may just still need to bring your ph up from there.

1 Like