Help w strawberry plant

Sorry for poor picture. Indoor , strawberry ilgm strain from seed, was going great last week turned, curling leaves drying out, on 2 day water cycle 18/6. www next to it still doing great. No nuts or additives. Rock wool start soil grow . Anybody w ideas thanks

If you water every two days before letting the soil dry up then you may be overwatering, doesn’t really look like a deficiency to me but, im a beginner so don’t take my word for it just yet. Do us a favor bud and fill out this support ticket. It’ll help us all figure out what’s goin down with your plant

COPY/PASTE: This “Support Ticket” into your forum post.
Answer these simple questions the best you can.
If you do not know, or do not use something; Just say so = NA

Strain; Type, Bag seed, or NA

Soil in pots, Hydroponic, or Coco?

System type?

PH of runoff or solution in reservoir?

What is strength of nutrient mix? EC, or TDS

Indoor or Outdoor

Light system, size?

Temps; Day, Night
Humidity; Day, Night

Ventilation system; Yes, No, Size

AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier,

Co2; Yes, No

Add anything else you feel would help us give you a most informed answer. Feel free to elaborate, but short, to the point questions and facts will help us help you smile

We had a previous Support Ticket posted, but lost it during the “database issuer”

Happy growing friend!
-Manny

Manny beat me to it!

Welcome, @JJFish you have come to the right place, many experienced people here. Happy growing!

1 Like

Looks thirsty and hungry, discoloration could be due to lack of calmag, light possibly to far away as she looks uber stretched out and skinny (I’m a noob, don’t take my word for it) just some food for thought.

With all that clawing i’m going to take a first stab and ask about pH, also she does look thirsty and most definitely hungry at that age and size if hasn’t been fed yet. :seedling:

Sorry should have put this in first post. Not as easy on Ipad.
Strain; Type, Bag seed, or NA: Strawberry from seed

Soil in pots, Hydroponic, or Coco?: Soil

System type? NA

PH of runoff or solution in reservoir? 6.4

What is strength of nutrient mix? EC, or TDS :NA

Indoor

Light system, size? Sun System HPS150

Temps; Day, Night 78
Humidity; Day, Night 50-70

Ventilation system; Yes, No, Size: Small fan

AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier,: No

Co2; Yes, No NA
small space, 2 plants

Noob, so any help appreciated

I would give her a small dose of nutes, start
Out with 1/4 - 1/2 strength to see how it reacts. Might need some cal mag as well. Could be underwatered.

What kind of soil do you use?

The clawing does look like nitrogen toxicity to me. Which ties back to @Sl1 point of clawing down.

1 Like

I will say that you are watering way too much and the soil is staying way too wet , which is allowing too many nutrients to be in the soil and it’s slowly but surely killing your plant and I would imagine that your pH is way out of whack as well due to the overwatering… :wink:

:v: :sunglasses:

1 Like

Have only been observing for last day. Plant is getting crispier and some leaves are completely drying up. Top of the plant seems to be holding on. Bottom leaves are clawing pretty good. Any more ideas? Nutrients, water, no water? Have white widow strain next to it that has had exact same treatments and it looks completely opposite with dark green leaves healthy look. Thanks all.

Over-watered and underwatering look the same. You should be watering to runoff as needed. You can lift test after watering so you know to water when it is light…

I’m gonna say it’s over-watered. And the clawing is most likely nitrogen like other have said. If you water to runoff and wait till she is completely dry to water again she’ll be a lot happier.

I think the only fix for nitrogen excess is to flush with pH water 3x the size of the pot. 1 gal pot flush with 3 gallon water…

@peachfuzz BOOM! 100%
:+1::smiley:

1 Like

What kind of soil?? some contain time released fertilizers which are triggered by watering
No 2 strains are exactly the same much like people one plant may be loving the soil and the other hates it
I would also suggest you give this a read

caused by access water and they can live in root system not just on leaves :wink:

1 Like

Thanks will try

Got both healthy and green, was def too much water. They are a little thin, do I have too far from lite, bout 20" away. Thanks for all the help