Help! Very first time Growing

Gorilla Glue #4 very first time, I’m in week 3 and it looks like the plants are growing taller with just the first set of leaves, looks also like one of the plants is already turning yellow. I only watered twice (initial seed watering) and when it felt dry, recently. They have been under an led light. I was thinking I need to go ahead and transplant to bigger pot but I was waiting on 2nd to third set of leaves that haven’t come yet, trying to grow so I dont have to spend so much on my daughters medicine she’s on the spectrum. I read a lot and you guys make it look so easy!

2 Likes

Need to lower you lights to help keep those babies from stretching anymore also fill those cups to the top. It would also benefit to put those clear cups into red solo cups to hide those roots from the light. Roots grow in the dark and die in the light.

6 Likes

What light are you running? @STONES_LAUGHING

1 Like

Sorry I moved the light to take a picture, it’s an 80 watt led light, it’s one that clips onto the support beam of the tent so that I can move it up and down.

1 Like

As others mentioned, insufficient light is an issue…

Also, put the clear cups inside opaque cups because roots will be damaged by light exposure. It looks like you could have put a lot more soil in the cups as well. At this point you can carefully add soil to give the stretched stems a bit of support.

4 Likes

Hey there @STONES_LAUGHING, welcome to the forum.
You will get much good advice here.
My 2 cents …Try germinating one or two at a time untill you get the seedling stage figured out.
Im not certain those will recover from the severe stretch and stunted growth.

5 Likes

I run a “600w” blurple probably really about 60 watts on my seedlings. I keep it at no more than a foot above the plants. These plants can take and want an insane amount of light. Light will be your most costly item in the startup phase of growing. No need to but seeds if the light won’t grow em. I have an hlg 135rspec i run in my tent I’ve kept it at no more than 14 inches anode canopy at full blast with no light burn has used. Only issues i had were due to PH being of. The PH of your water is of EXTREME importance

5 Likes

Welcome to the community we’re glad to have you ! you are the right place to have a successful grow.

4 Likes

6 Likes

I have a bigger 300w grow light, but I was under the impression that I couldn’t turn it on until it had more leaves, so I’ve basically been killing them then with not enough light. Wonderful

2 Likes

It put that on them asap at about 16 inches high and see how they respond. Might can run it even lower than 16 inches. I learned quickly the lights from Amazon are almost always a total scam. Exception being mars hydro and a couple others. If you are really serious about growing look into HLG lighting. They are costly but can be purchased on interest free payments.

1 Like

What is the specific brand and model of the your light? I suspect that it is much lower than the 300 watts that you intended to purchase.

1 Like

When we use solo cups we set a clear one inside a red one. This way we can remove the inner cup (clear) to moninter root growth. I use this tactic for all our veggie starts also.

5 Likes

Honestly I’m not sure, it came with the tent and I went back to look and its brandless. So I will look at updating toot sweet

3 Likes

There are plenty of great growers here more than willing to help any of us along the way. Also in the future if you have a question for a specific person just use the tag option…like this @Covertgrower

1 Like

Thank you for the tips! I am in the process now of adding more soil, putting them in solo cups and lowering the light, will update with the response

3 Likes

Are you switching to the 300w?

1 Like

Yes sir

3 Likes

You should see a noticeable difference in the next 48hrs maybe even tomorrow

1 Like

Also how many hours of light are you giving those babies?

1 Like