Help - Sour Diesel Auto - Day 12

What’s up grow bro’s!? I hope you had a great thanksgiving.

Blue dream auto day 87, 57 days in flower. Still a beast. Ph steady at 6.45-6.6. Readings vary from 1000ppms to 1800ppms depending on when I feed jacks. Today the runoff was 2.18ppt. I know I measured everything right but only tested the ph before feeding. Last runoff before tonight was 1.14ppt. Should I be worried?

Also, do you think she could be done in about two weeks? Still cloudy trichomes with some clear. The foxtails are sprouting most white hairs. What do you think? @OGIncognito @LiesGrows

4 Likes

I know the trichome pictures suck but it’s hard to hold the microscope in on hand, get zoomed in, at chest level and have the phone in my other hand :joy:.

1 Like

Brother im seeing all cloudy impo id chop before those fox tails get to out of control and ahe starts throwing out odd single leaflets like they do when they foxtail bad i also just chopped 2 of my autos like 10 minutes ago Grape Sky and Triple Grape are done so hell join the chopping party haha

2 Likes

@LiesGrows i think I’ll be chopping this morning. Must be contagious or we are all running out of smoke. Congrats on your harvest

2 Likes

Good looking beast right there!! Personally I would let it go for at least 12-14 more days. You might end up doing a top harvest and let the lower hanging fruit ripen for a little while longer. No harm in taking a sample bud piece from the top and getting a better microscope shots :love_you_gesture:

I’ll cut foxtails off along the way if they start forming calyx’s on top of each other

1 Like

I’m thinking I’ll wait until this weekend and reevaluate. I’ll go straight water from here on out. I assumed I’d just chop the foxtails off when trimming and use for butter or something….

1 Like

I’m on my last nug from the first grow :joy:

Is it bad to leave them until trimming? I figured they’d be good for a “butter” pile. I was under the impression that foxtails aren’t bad, other than the plant being stressed. I’m also torn on whether to chop the whole plant or take the colas first. The trichomes are pretty cloudy throughout the plant but I would like a little amber. There isn’t any yet. I’m thinking timing wise with the holidays, I’ll cut her in a week unless the foxtails are bad and she needs to come down.

My concerns with taking the main colas first is having to different drying cycles and I was hoping to use the 3x3 tent for it, which is it’s home now. I do have another 32x32 tent I could use.

1 Like

The foxtails are pretty ugly, maybe I should clip the bad ones?? @OGIncognito @LiesGrows

3 Likes

My personal opinion id chop before it gets worse she seems stuck in a phase of wanting to continue life some plants will do this every once and a while also thc is at its most potent and mature when all cloudy ambering is a sign of the trichomes heads degenerating ambering also happens as well after the plant is chopped so you will still end up with some amber in the end it may not be 15 or 20% but you will jave some amber :wink: me personally im npt a fan of staggered harvest where i chop 1 part off then the other i hang my plants whole while drying so that part is personal preference lol just my 2 cents haha i know OG will also chime in soon enough haha

1 Like

:point_up_2: nothing to add Brother, what I’m thinking as well :love_you_gesture:

2 Likes

Thats a monster

2 Likes

Rite!!! and im over here stepping away from autos cause mine never get big enough lmao

1 Like

Brother tell me why ive been on this fourm for almost 2 years and just figured out how you quote someone else’s comments :joy:

2 Likes

@SilvaBack203 she just took off on me! It is only my second grow so it’s been exciting but a handful to keep up with! These guys are awesome and full of knowledge! :point_down:

@OGIncognito @LiesGrows bet! She comes down Saturday when I have the time to do it right. Do you guys ever dry in a tent? Im going to just hang her upside down in one of mine I think.

2 Likes

Yep yep exactly how i dry is in my tent or if i have other stuff going like i do now ill also dry in a make shift dry box made from just a big enough cardboard box

1 Like

Great job 4 real

Happy growing

1 Like

It took me almost that long :joy::joy:. Hold your finger down on the words you want and it’ll highlight and drag the highlight and quote will pop up​:love_you_gesture:

2 Likes

That’s how I dried before now I use a Wedryer. I lost 1/2 my space and had to go down in tent count :love_you_gesture:

2 Likes

The second one was easier to cut down! Recruited a couple of the guys to help with the process. When I untied it, it totally flopped over! Got it trimmed up a little bit and decided to cut the branches to help with airflow and avoid mold. I’ll try to keep the tent at 60/60. Again I can’t thank you guys enough for your time and wisdom!! @OGIncognito @LiesGrows

4 Likes