Help - Sour Diesel Auto - Day 12

Check your runoff PH, I used FF happy frog on my last grow, plants did great but I fought low PH the whole time, I head about mid grow when I was having the issues that FF may have missed a PH buffer in the mix on some batches causing the low PH in the end mine did great but it was a fight just to keep it at 6.2-6.3 while I was watering at 7.0 to try and compensate

I should do a slurry on the half of a bag I didn’t use last run just to see

2 Likes

It’s nowhere near as accurate but use the Photone app, if you have an iPhone you’ll need a diffuser over the camera I saw some side by side with apogee and it was within a few DLI / PPFD close enough to get a good idea where you are at

1 Like

Thanks for the info! I have also been fighting the PH but have gotten it to 6.5 and holding now. I used some dolomite lime early on to bump the ph and stabilize it, it did a good job!

I upped my LED from 100w to 150w and I think I burned the top. Dimmed it down and keeping a close eye on it now. This is hard work :joy:

2 Likes

Hard work pays off in the end. You have a few burnt leaves but the plant looks great overall, yeah I liked the FF soil but decided to try my own mix this time, once I saw they had a mix issue but did not do anything about it made me want to try something g else, we’ll see how it goes lol, I can’t wait till my new light is delivered so I can adjust intensity lol all I can do for now is raise or lower the lights… at least for the next 2 days lol

1 Like

Good luck! Tag me if you keep up with it on here.

1 Like

Oh I am, here’s the link to my current grow journal, in there has the link to my first grow as well in the first post

https://ilgmforum.com/t/mikedins-grow-journal-2-let-s-go/92150/14

1 Like

Update day 46 above ground.

Fed her jacks this morning. Runoff was 6.38PH and 1500ppm. I forgot to read the pms going in but I freaked out at 1500 in the run off. I’m pretty worried about her. Clipped a few of the burnt leaves but left most. Any advice @OGIncognito @LiesGrows @Mikedin

3 Likes

You’re ok with those numbers, soil will generally run a little higher than coco. Water only the next round and check the PPMS, could be back to back watering just depends on the next run off :love_you_gesture:

2 Likes

OG beat me to it lol 1 question i have tho is qhats your temps in your tent?

1 Like

Temps stay in the 78-80 range with lights on and 72-74 lights out. Light is 15” above plant. Humidity around 40-45%

Light is now dialed down to 75% (112.5w) and I am going to inc back up to 100% slowly over the next two weeks. Light was at 100% for about 10 days

1 Like

Ok makes sense the light was probably to intense for her at 100% some plants can take it and some well burn up like thia girl did its notbalways necessarily always heat that fries plants but the intensity can do it as well

1 Like

Yeah I agree. It’s a good learning experience for me. Won’t make that mistake again. I think she probably has 5-6 weeks of flower left, so plenty of time to bring up intensity slowly and see how she responds. The buds are looking great and healthy, hopefully they turn out good!

My blue dream seed is already showing a tiny tail, so it’s going in soon. I’m using the same set up for her to see if I can ace it on round 2.

1 Like

Trust me ive been growing now going on 3 years and run into issues hell there a lot of seasoned growers that still run into problems every once in a while as long as ya learn and apply to the next grow your heading in the rite direction haha and for the leafs that are dying off they all look like big fan leafs and not the sugar leafs so i think if you plucked them youd be fine me personally ive learned to leave damaged leafs until they are ready to come off because the plant will fully deplete those fan leafs 1st before going to sugar leafs that allows you some time to correct the issue at hand imo once you have dying sugar leafs that can lead to bud rott and mold fast because of the dying leaf decaying inside of fresh living bud thags full of moisture

2 Likes

It is all on fan leaves. Hopefully I have stopped it in time. I don’t know what else I can do but wait and hope the nutrients go to work. What should my humidity be at? 45%?

1 Like

I only took off about 6-7 fan leaves that were burnt and blocking light a couple days ago. I’m going to hold off on anymore trimming.

1 Like

45-50% rh is a good range for flower

2 Likes

What’s up grow bros!? I’m headed out of town for the weekend. I’m planning on watering her tomorrow. As @LiesGrows said, the issues I’m having are just on the fan leaves….for now. Here is a close up of a leaf and an overall. All of the bud sites look healthy and unaffected as of now. Any ideas? @OGIncognito @Mikedin

4 Likes

The buds themselves look great over all just the fan leafs that took a hit make sure to water well worse thang about teips no one want to come home to a almost dead plant or worse a dead plant!!! :rofl:

2 Likes

Yeah, I’ll water her good. I’ll be back in 80 hours so she will be fine water wise. I think she will bounce back…

3 Likes